New 3.xx Kernels

Search This thread

charleypick

Jan 1, 2014
Hi folks

Can someone explain the differences between the new 3.xx kernels being developed atm?
There are roms with 3.0 and 3.4 kernels and I am curious as to the differences between them.

Cheers

Early builds of CM11 for Touchpad were able to be built on the 2.x kernels. KitKat however is designed to run on a 3.4 kernel. For Cyanogenomod 11 to be officially released for touchpad, it will require the 3.4 kernel and Bluetooth and Wifi drivers working. Two new features I know of supported by the newer kernel are multiuser support and the new ART java runtime compiler.

C

heavyt

Aug 29, 2011
From experience the 3.0 has a lower drain on my battery than the 3.4. Also the WiFi will disconnect when my touchpad sleeps with the 3.4 kernel and you will not be able to change the CPU fq. All of these things in due time will be corrected, I hope.

heavyt

Aug 29, 2011
Flintman's latest 3.4 kernel nightly 0210 seems to have fixed the WiFi problem. I been using it for a day now and have not had any drops in connection while in sleep mode.

Reactions: chris5s

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flintman's latest 3.4 kernel nightly 0210 seems to have fixed the WiFi problem. I been using it for a day now and have not had any drops in connection while in sleep mode.
    Yep, I noticed these behaviours too, have stuck with milaq's so far because of this.
    May be time to give flintman's rom another whirl!

Cheers

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Premium HD app