[Q] Could not establish connection, tried everything! Help Required

Search This thread

xaeem

Nov 15, 2011
I was using Android L port. Everything was working fine. Yesterday I installed Panaroid 4.5. I was unable to sign in to my google account and error was Couldn't establish connection.
Then I opted for mobile data connection and sign in was successful.
Issue is Play Store is not working over WiFi. I have tried following things:
Reboot
Factory Reset
Editing Hosts
Deleting Hosts
Using hosts file from Android L Rom

What you guys suggest me? Need HELP!!

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
What device,i337 or i337m ate you on? And what firmware version are you on? L can cause issues where you might have to Odin the stock firmware and start over

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
What device,i337 or i337m ate you on? And what firmware version are you on? L can cause issues where you might have to Odin the stock firmware and start over

Sorry, wrong forum. no Odin on n4. But there's no port of L on the n4, there's just the preview firmware and that's what threw me. You're probably going to have to flash 4.4.4 firmware in fastboot.

Last edited:

xaeem

Nov 15, 2011
Sorry, wrong forum. no Odin on n4. But there's no port of L on the n4, there's just the preview firmware and that's what threw me. You're probably going to have to flash 4.4.4 firmware in fastboot.

Just tried it.. Also flashed stock recovery and after that flashed cwm.
Still the same issue :(

xaeem

Nov 15, 2011

I have also now installed stock img by townloading tar from google. Still no luck

CCody

Apr 29, 2013
So you have connection issues with wifi? What about bluetooth? Does this work?
I either suggest to flash the latest radio or to reset your router. [emoji106] [emoji6]

xaeem

Nov 15, 2011
So you have connection issues with wifi? What about bluetooth? Does this work?
I either suggest to flash the latest radio or to reset your router. [emoji106] [emoji6]

I have also now installed stock img by townloading tar from google. Still no luck

It worked well for a while. But i am experiencing no neccention and a retry button in play store again..
Bluetooth works fine abd I also have reset my router.

What can be the issue?

Last edited:

CCody

Apr 29, 2013
Than I would suggest you to reset your router. Just power it off for some minutes and then power it on again

CCody

Apr 29, 2013
Here I am again and I am not sure if I brought the solution for your problem with me. :D
Truth be told the common solution for WiFi issues is either to flash the latest radio, do a factory reset or reset your router. In your case nothing of this works, so there arent many other options left. We must assume that there is something messed up with your WiFi module.
But try the following first:
- Check if your date and time is correct. Sometimes your device wont let access the internet, because the time/date isnt sync with the time/date on your router
- Did you do anything with your bandwith? There are 5 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz. You may change it to 'Auto' in your advanced WiFi settings.
- Also uncheck 'avoid poor connections' and turn off WiFi optimization

And to be sure: What exactly happens, when you try to connect to your WiFi? In the best case it says 'Connected', but there is also 'obtaining IP address'. Screenshots pls! And other devices can access internet through WiFi?

I hope something of this works and now I am really bumped. May someone else could help? :D