[TOOL] Moto X Toolkit v1.4.4 [Backup/Restore,Drivers,Return to stock,Root,Bootani]

Search This thread

stillthisguy

Dec 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Moto X Toolkit v1.4.4​

I thought it would be helpful to have a quick and easy way to complete some common tasks on the Moto X, so I wrote this toolkit. If you run into any issues or have suggestions for changes, please let me know. Just wanted to get this out there for others to use if they would like.

MotoXToolkit141.png

Changelog

v1.4.4

Added Flash back to stock to include 4.4.4 for ATT and Sprint
Updated TWRP to 2.8.1.0
Updated adb and fastboot files

v1.4.3

Added Flash back to stock to include 4.4.4 for Verizon

v1.4.1

Added Flash back to stock to include 4.4.3 for TMobile
Added option to run Root with Pie commands for 4.4.2
Added official TWRP 2.7.1.1 recovery to Flash Recovery option.

v1.4.0

Added ability to flash logo.bin splash for unlocked bootloader devices.
Updated Flash back to stock to include 4.4.2 for Verizon, ATT, Sprint, TMobile, USCelluar, and Rogers.
Updated scripting of the SlapMyMoto process to make it more user friendly.
Updated main menu working of root processes to make it easier to know which to choose.
Scripting changes to clean up unneeded code.

v1.3.4

7zip was missing from the installer. If you installed 1.3.3, please download 1.3.4 and install it.

v1.3.3

Fixed some scripting issues in the SlapMyMoto process.
Added refresh ability in the wireless portion of SlapMyMoto process.

v1.3.2

Changed some scripting to allow SlapMyMoto process to work on Windows XP.

v1.3.1

Fixed script error for installing Motorola Device Manager.

v1.3.0

Fixed firmware downloads
Added SlapMyMoto root option - Verizon/ATT
Added option to enable battery percentage behind battery
Added option to capture screen record to computer or device
Updated Return to stock with all new firmware since last update for Verizon, ATT, Sprint, TMobile, US Cellular, and Rogers
Added option to use the Earpiece LED as Charging light.
Changed wording in some places

v1.2.1

Added Unroot option

v1.2.0

Added ability to download/install RockMyMoto - Source - Credit goes to jcase for the root and you should donate to him as well.
Cydia Impactor, by Saurik - Source

v1.1.0

Added ability to Return to Stock firmware for Verizon, ATT, Sprint, TMobile, US Cellular, and Rogers - Source
Added ability to download/install PwnMyMoto - Source - All credit goes to jcase for the root and you should donate to him as well.

v1.0.0

Shows if phone is in hboot or adb along with R/W Protection
Quick access to XDA main page
Quick access to XDA Moto X page
Install drivers for XP - Vista - Win 7 - Win 8
Backup and Restore User Apps/Data/sdcard
Flash Bootanimations
Flash Recovery
Flash CLogo
Reboot Options
Logcat
Install System/NonSystem Apps
Pull System/NonSystem Files
Push files
ADB wireless connect/disconnect
Device information menu
Sideload zip file from recovery
Capture screenshots to computer or device

Please do not redistribute/mirror this toolkit. If you would like to link it in any other thread, please include a link back to this thread, give proper credit.

As with anything you will find on XDA, I am not responsible for anything that occurs to your phone or computer by using this toolkit.

Credits

Google - Lots of searching and for Android yo!
Motorola
eraste - For the how-to guide here
wget for windows
7za
Puttytel
Motorola Device Manager
beaups and fuses for MotoWpNomo
jcase for PwnMyMoto, RockMyMoto, SlapMyMoto, Root 4.4.X Pie for Motorola devices
LED Charging
TWRP 2.7.1.1
FileFactory.com for hosting ATT and Sprint 4.4.4 images

Last edited:

stillthisguy

Dec 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
FAQ's

Where is the toolkit after install?

Depends on the version of Windows you have installed, You can just make a shortcut on your desktop:
x32 - C:\Program Files\stillthisguy\Moto X Toolkit
x64 - C:\Program Files (x86)\stillthisguy\Moto X Toolkit

Where do I copy the files for Bootanimation or CLogo?

x32 - C:\Program Files\stillthisguy\Moto X Toolkit\Bootanimation
x64 - C:\Program Files (x86)\stillthisguy\Moto X Toolkit\Bootanimation

x32 - C:\Program Files\stillthisguy\Moto X Toolkit\CLogo
x64 - C:\Program Files (x86)\stillthisguy\Moto X Toolkit\CLogo

Toolkit won't open on Windows 7/8

Right click the icon>Properties>Compatibility>Check mark Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and Check mark Run this program as an administrator.

Earpiece LED doesn't work after reboot

This will be fixed in the next update. Just enable it through the toolkit again after reboot.

ADB needs root for this toolkit to make changes for you, if you open the toolkit, you can check ADB root under Option 15. If ADB does not have root, you will need to install an app called adbd Insecure - Google it.

Last edited:

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
Useful. Thanks!

Will future versions include a script for restoring stock, etc?

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Useful. Thanks!

Will future versions include a script for restoring stock, etc?

stillthisguy

Dec 2, 2007
Omaha, NE

RobertsDF

Oct 19, 2009
Thanks for your toolkit. This will be very helpful when I get my moto x in a few weeks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

gerodive

Aug 6, 2010
This won't be very useful until the actual rooting is included as an option in the toolkit. As soon as that functionality comes I'll be on board!

stillthisguy

Dec 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
This won't be very useful until the actual rooting is included as an option in the toolkit. As soon as that functionality comes I'll be on board!

That is your opinion and you are entitled to have it. But my opinion and others would probably disagree. The root method for a carrier locked moto x is just an app install and then you open the app, not really needed to be added to the the toolkit. You could certainly use the toolkit to install the app and then go open the app on your phone. If you have a moto x that is able to be bootloader unlocked, you could use my tool to install a custom recovery and then install root through the recovery. So, as you can see, we have a difference of opinion when it comes to how useful this toolkit is. There are also things that can be done with the toolkit that do not require root at all.

karthikmurs

Dec 20, 2010
That is your opinion and you are entitled to have it. But my opinion and others would probably disagree. The root method for a carrier locked moto x is just an app install and then you open the app, not really needed to be added to the the toolkit. You could certainly use the toolkit to install the app and then go open the app on your phone. If you have a moto x that is able to be bootloader unlocked, you could use my tool to install a custom recovery and then install root through the recovery. So, as you can see, we have a difference of opinion when it comes to how useful this toolkit is. There are also things that can be done with the toolkit that do not require root at all.

Though I agree that this toolkit could be useful to a novice Andriod user, an experienced user would find little use to it (I find if easier to run adb/fastboot commands on my pshell.

The things that would make me use a toolkit are capabilities to 1. Root it 2. Flash a ROM 3. Flash specific images (apps, modem etc). 4. Unlock bootloader.

You say rooting is just about installing an APK and running it. But I would reverse engineer it or talk to the person who made the apk and ask him to extend it (if not done already) to accept parameters to the intent so that I could launch the intent directly from the toolkit.

Reactions: dnorthington

stillthisguy

Dec 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Though I agree that this toolkit could be useful to a novice Andriod user, an experienced user would find little use to it (I find if easier to run adb/fastboot commands on my pshell.

The things that would make me use a toolkit are capabilities to 1. Root it 2. Flash a ROM 3. Flash specific images (apps, modem etc). 4. Unlock bootloader.

You say rooting is just about installing an APK and running it. But I would reverse engineer it or talk to the person who made the apk and ask him to extend it (if not done already) to accept parameters to the intent so that I could launch the intent directly from the toolkit.

Again, everyone has their opinion about how something can be made or used. This is made for anyone that would like to use it, novice or otherwise. If you don't want to use, then don't. If you feel there is a need for a toolkit that does what you want it to do, you are more than welcome to make one, and if you so choose, you can share it with the community. As long as someone is getting the use they want out of it, that shouldn't have any effect on you.

I am always looking for a way to update and improve on what I have, and do so in the spare time that I have.

karthikmurs

Dec 20, 2010
Again, everyone has their opinion about how something can be made or used. This is made for anyone that would like to use it, novice or otherwise. If you don't want to use, then don't. If you feel there is a need for a toolkit that does what you want it to do, you are more than welcome to make one, and if you so choose, you can share it with the community. As long as someone is getting the use they want out of it, that shouldn't have any effect on you.

I am always looking for a way to update and improve on what I have, and do so in the spare time that I have.

As I feared, it was taken in the wrong way. I have seen our thread on Droid DNA (I own that phone too) and I know it has option to flash radio and hboot and such. I was merely talking about what I did because I felt you seemed unwelcome to the idea to have an option to root the phone implying it was simple enough already!

Anyways, cheers and keep up the good work!

Reactions: stillthisguy

stillthisguy

Dec 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
As I feared, it was taken in the wrong way. I have seen our thread on Droid DNA (I own that phone too) and I know it has option to flash radio and hboot and such. I was merely talking about what I did because I felt you seemed unwelcome to the idea to have an option to root the phone implying it was simple enough already!

Anyways, cheers and keep up the good work!

I don't think it was taken the wrong way. I am not unwelcome to the option of root, just suggesting how the toolkit could be used to obtain root without the specific option.

I appreciate your support.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lowvolt1

Feb 29, 2012
Can this tool be used to adb the pwnmymoto apk. On the VZW OTA?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Nicorasu

Dec 17, 2010
Santiago
works with other carrier, to return to stock?
I have a XT1058 on Movistar carrier and i have a bootloop after the ota update released today.

dsimages

Oct 6, 2009
So I picked up a moto x this morning. I updated to 4.2.2. Went home to root this sucker with the toolkit and am having issues. Drivers are installed, I choose to download and install pwnmymoto. I get a google verify potential dangerous app screen. I agree to install and the toolkit comes back as INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_UNEXPECTED_EXCEPTION. I get the same thing if i go into setting and turn off the "verify apps".

Am I screwed for now?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moto X Toolkit v1.4.4​

I thought it would be helpful to have a quick and easy way to complete some common tasks on the Moto X, so I wrote this toolkit. If you run into any issues or have suggestions for changes, please let me know. Just wanted to get this out there for others to use if they would like.

MotoXToolkit141.png

Changelog

v1.4.4

Added Flash back to stock to include 4.4.4 for ATT and Sprint
    Updated TWRP to 2.8.1.0

v1.4.3

Added Flash back to stock to include 4.4.4 for Verizon

v1.4.1

Added Flash back to stock to include 4.4.3 for TMobile
    Added option to run Root with Pie commands for 4.4.2
    Added official TWRP 2.7.1.1 recovery to Flash Recovery option.

v1.4.0

Added ability to flash logo.bin splash for unlocked bootloader devices.
    Updated Flash back to stock to include 4.4.2 for Verizon, ATT, Sprint, TMobile, USCelluar, and Rogers.
    Updated scripting of the SlapMyMoto process to make it more user friendly.
    Updated main menu working of root processes to make it easier to know which to choose.
    Scripting changes to clean up unneeded code.

v1.3.4

7zip was missing from the installer. If you installed 1.3.3, please download 1.3.4 and install it.

v1.3.3

Fixed some scripting issues in the SlapMyMoto process.
    Added refresh ability in the wireless portion of SlapMyMoto process.

v1.3.2

Changed some scripting to allow SlapMyMoto process to work on Windows XP.

v1.3.1

Fixed script error for installing Motorola Device Manager.

v1.3.0

Fixed firmware downloads
    Added SlapMyMoto root option - Verizon/ATT
    Added option to enable battery percentage behind battery
    Added option to capture screen record to computer or device
    Updated Return to stock with all new firmware since last update for Verizon, ATT, Sprint, TMobile, US Cellular, and Rogers
    Added option to use the Earpiece LED as Charging light.
    Changed wording in some places

v1.2.1

Added Unroot option

v1.2.0

Added ability to download/install RockMyMoto - Source - Credit goes to jcase for the root and you should donate to him as well.

v1.1.0

Added ability to Return to Stock firmware for Verizon, ATT, Sprint, TMobile, US Cellular, and Rogers - Source
    Added ability to download/install PwnMyMoto - Source - All credit goes to jcase for the root and you should donate to him as well.

v1.0.0

Shows if phone is in hboot or adb along with R/W Protection
    Quick access to XDA main page
    Quick access to XDA Moto X page
    Install drivers for XP - Vista - Win 7 - Win 8
    Backup and Restore User Apps/Data/sdcard
    Flash Bootanimations
    Flash Recovery
    Flash CLogo
    Reboot Options
    Logcat
    Install System/NonSystem Apps
    Pull System/NonSystem Files
    Push files
    ADB wireless connect/disconnect
    Device information menu
    Sideload zip file from recovery
    Capture screenshots to computer or device

Please do not redistribute/mirror this toolkit. If you would like to link it in any other thread, please include a link back to this thread, give proper credit.

As with anything you will find on XDA, I am not responsible for anything that occurs to your phone or computer by using this toolkit.

Credits

Google - Lots of searching and for Android yo!
    Motorola
    eraste - For the how-to guide here
    wget for windows
    7za
    Puttytel
    Motorola Device Manager
    beaups and fuses for MotoWpNomo
    jcase for PwnMyMoto, RockMyMoto, SlapMyMoto, Root 4.4.X Pie for Motorola devices
    LED Charging
    TWRP 2.7.1.1
    FileFactory.com for hosting ATT and Sprint 4.4.4 images
    FAQ's

Where is the toolkit after install?

Depends on the version of Windows you have installed, You can just make a shortcut on your desktop:
    x32 - C:\Program Files\stillthisguy\Moto X Toolkit
    x64 - C:\Program Files (x86)\stillthisguy\Moto X Toolkit

Where do I copy the files for Bootanimation or CLogo?

x32 - C:\Program Files\stillthisguy\Moto X Toolkit\Bootanimation
    x64 - C:\Program Files (x86)\stillthisguy\Moto X Toolkit\Bootanimation

x32 - C:\Program Files\stillthisguy\Moto X Toolkit\CLogo
    x64 - C:\Program Files (x86)\stillthisguy\Moto X Toolkit\CLogo

Toolkit won't open on Windows 7/8

Right click the icon>Properties>Compatibility>Check mark Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and Check mark Run this program as an administrator.

Earpiece LED doesn't work after reboot

This will be fixed in the next update. Just enable it through the toolkit again after reboot.

ADB needs root for this toolkit to make changes for you, if you open the toolkit, you can check ADB root under Option 15. If ADB does not have root, you will need to install an app called adbd Insecure - Google it.

If you don't have the right drivers, the program isn't going to work. But I think I figured out what you are really saying, that you tried to use the toolkit to install the drivers, and it didn't work. I have a new version uploading now with the fix, and will update the 2nd post as soon as it has completed.

Link to 1.3.1 is up in the 2nd post!