[AOSPA:Android 4.4.4 KTU85P][05-JUL-14] PARANOIDANDROID 4.41

Search This thread

GoJo ^^

Dec 2, 2011
How'd you disable camera app sound? Can't find... Same for the lockscreen audio control..?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

kickassdave

Oct 2, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
Paranoid Android has came along leaps and bounds since I first tried it on my SGS2.

This phone is much better equipped for this type of rom though and the whole UI is a great experience and step away from the norm... love it.

I do realise there is an "exanded desktop" option when holding the power button, I have also set the status bar to auto hide but I'm still finding the good majority of apps do not force a full screen display. Angry birds for example... not a deal breaker, but a bit annoying. Is there another setting somewhere else I am missing?

Also, if anyone else plays "Klondike" (best solitaire app on the market) and can get it to display like it does in normal phone mode, can you tell me what settings you used? I ended up just making it VERY large haha :victory:

ssamth2003

Jun 11, 2004
Pranakorn Sri Ayutthaya
problem...

I'm just got my S3, and try to flash your rom, but i can not get pass from the boot animation, it keep turn round for an hrs now.
I have CMW recovery, SuperSU (rooted), and wip according to instruction. and try manytime, stillnot get pass from boot animation.
pls help and guid me what should i go to get your rom work.. thks for your great work.

swapnilraj

Feb 14, 2011
Lucknow
I'm just got my S3, and try to flash your rom, but i can not get pass from the boot animation, it keep turn round for an hrs now.
I have CMW recovery, SuperSU (rooted), and wip according to instruction. and try manytime, stillnot get pass from boot animation.
pls help and guid me what should i go to get your rom work.. thks for your great work.

Trying formatting the system and then reinstall the ROM.

Reactions: ssamth2003

eeliah

Nov 12, 2010
Varkaus
everything seems to work flawless like in CM9 usually, thanks man! One question, i tried search but didnt have matches so.. My ext-sd is formatted in exFat and on 1st startup phone says that card may have been damaged, format is needed.. Is there any way to solve this? Maybe reflashing kernel or ? I dont want to format since there's all my backups :laugh:

e: ok, flashing older siyah and applying exfat fix doesnt work :/ Recovery allows me to use external normally, nothing wrong with it then..

Last edited:

ariedam

Jun 9, 2010
First, thank you for this wonderful rom. It´s the best rom I ever use.

I just can't find how to disable the notification led while charging.
In other rom I can disable it in Led Menu configuration, but I can't find how to do it in Paranoid.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Diogo

Last edited:

bangrahman

Jun 11, 2009
Sorry to ask again, but I can't seem to get Google Voice to work. The microphone and speaker definitely works because I've received numerous phone calls. But Google Voice is just not picking up my voice. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

gokussjx

Jul 7, 2011
/home/bidyut
First, thank you for this wonderful rom. It´s the best rom I ever use.

I just can't find how to disable the notification led while charging.
In other rom I can disable it in Led Menu configuration, but I can't find how to do it in Paranoid.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Diogo

No, I'm afraid so, not yet. :(
Neither Paranoid, nor CM9 have the feature. Which build did you use with LED configs? I would like to check it out.

Hi, does the latest release come with the in call fix baked in already?

Its in the OP.
Yes.

Sorry to ask again, but I can't seem to get Google Voice to work. The microphone and speaker definitely works because I've received numerous phone calls. But Google Voice is just not picking up my voice. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Absolutely amazing work. Camera works perfectly now.

However, Google Voice does not seem to be working for me. I know that the microphone works because calling someone works perfectly fine. But Google Voice just isn't picking up my voice. Can anyone help?

Surely my voice isn't THAT monotonous?

Also, one more thing, when I long press the home button in Tablet UI mode, the multi-tasking app doesn't come up. Nothing seems to happen.

Multitask Long-press seems to be working perfectly here.
Doesn't seem to be issue at all. Can you try wiping cache, dalvik cache, & just reflash without Wiping data/system?

VoiceSearch issue is still being sorted out.
Its possible its kernel related.
hang tight, we'll soon have it done with :cowboy:

UPDATE: Flash this, to get your VoiceSearch back. http://www.gokhanmoral.com/public/files/siyahkernel-s3/v1/Siyah-s3-v1.2.6-CWM.zip
It was a kernel issue. Here's the last stable build of Siyah Kernel, v1.2.6.

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

kickassdave

Oct 2, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
No, I'm afraid so, not yet. :(
Neither Paranoid, nor CM9 have the feature. Which build did you use with LED configs? I would like to check it out.

Its in the OP.
Yes.

Multitask Long-press seems to be working perfectly here.
Doesn't seem to be issue at all. Can you try wiping cache, dalvik cache, & just reflash without Wiping data/system?

VoiceSearch issue is still being sorted out.
Its possible its kernel related.
hang tight, we'll soon have it done with :cowboy:

UPDATE: Flash this, to get your VoiceSearch back. http://www.gokhanmoral.com/public/files/siyahkernel-s3/v1/Siyah-s3-v1.2.6-CWM.zip
It was a kernel issue. Here's the last stable build of Siyah Kernel, v1.2.6.

Enjoy :)

My phone is also not bringing up multi task menu with a long home button press. It doesn't even vibrate.

Will try that when home.

Edits*
Also, haxsync and Facebook contacts totally refuse to sync at all. Anyone know why not? I'm sure they worked on cm9...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

gokussjx

Jul 7, 2011
/home/bidyut
I use the Led config in the original rom from Samsung that comes with the phone (I don't know what version).

It have Led option in the config. Like this screenshot http://vps.marlamin.nl/lister//misc/sgs2/sgs3_settings.png

:eek:
Its not AOSP/CM9 :eek:

Stock & AOSP based are two very different things mate.
We're not on Samsung ROM anymore! We're using Google codes, modified by CM9 & Paranoid Team.
Until CM9 actually incorporates the tweak into their codework, nothing can be done. :mad:

GoJo ^^

Dec 2, 2011
How to play flash video decently? Seven in stock browset its kind of laggy... Also how to have the brightness scroll statys bar tweek?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

mrlove6

I am facing a smalla problem here, according to CPU Spy my phone barely goes in Deep Sleep... the timers i got over here:
23 Minutes Deep Sleep
4 Hours 200 MHz

so when it supposed to be in deep sleep it kept on 200 MHz and i couldnt found out why or what app prevent the sleep...anyone have an idea on this issue ??

nrpetonr

Aug 26, 2010
I am facing a smalla problem here, according to CPU Spy my phone barely goes in Deep Sleep... the timers i got over here:
23 Minutes Deep Sleep
4 Hours 200 MHz

so when it supposed to be in deep sleep it kept on 200 MHz and i couldnt found out why or what app prevent the sleep...anyone have an idea on this issue ??

install better battery stats and you'll be able to identify what's causing your drain.

MilkChan

Jul 3, 2012
Can you make the navigation bar can be edited at the tablet mode? As the return button is overlap to the original return button of i9300. My english is not well, so i upload a picture for you to see. :fingers-crossed:

483189_10150939511273123_394288107_n.jpg

This rom is really amazing. Thanks that you can pick it up to continuous develop.:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

PLEASE REFER TO THE CHANGE LOGS FOR CURRENT FEATURES.
    IF IT'S NOT LISTED THERE, IT'S NOT IN THE BUILD

vBRsrq

kLUQAe

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET (If coming from another rom or stock)
    3. INSTALL ROM
    4. INSTALL GAPPS
    5. REBOOT
    6. CUSTOM KERNELS MAY BREAK ROOT, SIMPLY RE-FLASH SUPERSU

PA 4+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET.

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

Links:
    Development:
    Change Logs
    XDA Forum
    Github
    Gerrit

Social:
    Google+
    Twitter
    Facebook

Video review

Some screenshots
    35jhsgn.png
    ypb28.png
    ouulgj.png
    ivaib5.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    ParanoidAndroid - Galaxy S3 International - i9300, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    gokussjx, molesarecoming, D4rKn3sSyS, jaybob413, aaronpoweruser, beerbong
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOSP, CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 4.41
    Stable Release Date: 2014-07-05
    Current Beta Version: 4.2 BETA1
    Beta Release Date: 2014-03-23

Created 2013-09-07
    Last Updated 2014-07-05
    AOSPA v3.57:

First fully device-specific bug-free release!
    (Ignoring TV-Out, FM, ExFAT... That's never gonna happen, thanks to Samsung/Microsoft)
    We're now ready to know & deal with any feature bugs that might come up in the future.

ROM: Download
    Mirror: Goo is down. Will be uploaded later.

MD5: bc4096ab5756ec663bdba7f682e24179

Changelog:
    v3.57:
    -HALO10 update
    -Graphic Glitches with StatusBar Panel Switch fixed
    -Home button on Screen-Off bug fixed (Now takes you to running app, not launcher home)

Enjoy!
    I can not find a Download for the PA 3.0?
    Its there in the iOS Threads. Try searching in there.

Meanwhile, a surprise for the non-idiot population:

AOSPA v3.0 RC:

AOSPA v3.60:

Mirror: Download
    PA Gapps: Download

Changelog:
    v3.60:
    -HALO + MW Updates
    -Clean up & Public Release
    -PAWalls removed by default (Now available on Play Store, with lighter footprint)
    -ROM Compiled with O3 Optimization

Here's a quick Overview!
    Enjoy:

Sorry about the absence. I'm still under exam pressure.

But I've tried working with the little free moments that I can catch... & I'm unable to proceed with new framework changes, thanks to an annoying major bug.

CM recently introduced new Open Source libRIL implementation for i9300.
    This is a great thing for fixing bugs such as 2G/3G switching errors etc, but for some *yet* unknown reasons, this commit is causing Data issues in AOSPA. (No such issues in CM though)
    Very odd behaviour. Operator is not detected, & we are shown NO SERVICE. But calling still works. (Like I said, Odd)
    And as mentioned, Data won't connect with NO SERVICE issue.

I've tried building without the new commit, undone dependent source changes & we are faced with broken RIL.
    A few other devs whom I've spoken to about this are unable to trace the cause as well.

The solution might be very simple, or complex, we'll try & fix this first.
    Only then can we proceed with Multiwindow & Halo on i9300.