WM6 (Crossbow) for Typhoon + Flashing Guide! [Ready for download]

Search This thread

lixxus

Feb 15, 2007
i followed the guide.

but when i turned the phone on for first time to load.

its loads slow and stays freezed...then i get an error

"Unknown SIM status.(Error 262144)

i think my radio rom maybe wrong.

if u know where to get a bin file..which i can upload via mtty1.42.exe
because i think my radio rom is old and i update to wm6 with old radio rom.

also it was a locked branded orange phone.
however before i proceeded with your tutorial i done the neseccary procedure such as regedit,,,super cid change and unlock sim

using spv services tools etc

so if you could help please i would much appreciate it..

because atm the phone is in operable and i would like to at least flash back to another rom or whateva....but it looks like i will have to do it through UI and mytt142.exe as these are the only things i can access via phone and pc.

thanks

giuseppebitonti

Mar 20, 2007
Torino
www.geocities.com
sandman: the .bin file for mTTY is on the last download link in the archive with WM6, here you can find mtty 1.42 to load the rom.. but to load the rom you need my SPL i share.. i don't know why it say you this sim problem rom.. the only tip i could give you is try to restart the procedure! my starting test was on a Typhoon WM5 updated.. but with the initial procedure you erase any old SPL... so, retry procedure step by step ;) it work, i tested it 3 times before share and there are people who had success ;) good luck!

weikey

Jul 16, 2007
It work good at 565 but has some problems at 575 585,because the joystick and drivers are different.

Prerna

Jun 20, 2005
Bienne

Hi, thanks for the guide.

I am following the below steps in order to upgrade my untouched SPV C500.

Go to the folder where you extracted files from TyphoonNBFTools_0.3_SPL1010064_SPVServices.zip and run TyphoonNBFTools.exe
  • In menu select File > Open NBF... and load SPL1010064.nbf.
  • Right click on SPL1010064.nbf and select 'Emergency Flash' in popup menu.
Now, after loading SPL1010064.nbf, I am unable to proceed further. The reason is there is no SPL1010064.nbf visible there, so that I can right-click it... Could you please advise?

Prerna

Jun 20, 2005
Bienne
Never mind about previous post, I now got it to work. Looks fantastic so far, thanks a lot!

My mistake was I hadn't application unlocked the phone before.

This phone had been in a drawer for 2 years, and I believe it will again be in my hands, at least on week-ends.

Luc_GIS

Dec 16, 2006
Mega GREAT WORK !!!

It runs smooth on my dutch SPV C500 :) :) :)

Who would have thought that WM6 on C500..

grtz!

indiekiduk

Jul 8, 2005
didnt work for me. failed at first step with reliability test failed. Perhaps its cause i'm using vista.

FLORINOX

Jul 22, 2007
I Have Application And Sim Unlocked My Phone But I Do Not Know If I Have To Do Something With The Cid Tool

Smart007

Sep 16, 2006
Hi to all...

I have flashed wm6 to my SPV C500 but my miniSD card is not working now...

???

EDIT:
I try other one and everything is ok....

Last edited: