[ROM][HC][3.2.1] Ideapad K1 Rooted + CWM (14_14_120109 build)

Search This thread

khanning88

Apr 10, 2010
USA
look like rooted on the first look.
Superuser app installs fine.

BUT: Apps don't get super user rights. superuser cant update itself and busybox pro complains it cant install because it does not get superuser rights.

So on the second look...no it does not work right.:(

Twist79, no problem we can fix that up quick. I don't have the device, so I was relying on others to test. Are you able to join me in an irc chat #ideapad-k1?

You can go to:
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ideapad-k1

Reactions: Twist79

Twist79

Jul 16, 2011
Vienna
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9
adb remount
adb shell chmod 6755 /system/bin/su
adb shell k1recovery

now superuser works fine.

Install Titanium Backup
start it.
offered me to Fix something with superuser....let It do that.

superuser still works fine.

Last edited:

mcreal

Dec 27, 2010
init.d support for app2sd?

Hi khanning88,
thanks for your work. :)

Does this Rom (K1_CWM_120109_M_GE_Rooted.zip) support app2sd ? :confused:

Otherwise i will wait a little because of the wipe and recovery procedure. :D

2nd.: Has anyone experience if this is compatible with V6 SuperCharger installation and how to do, see here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276

Twist79

Jul 16, 2011
Vienna
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9
I tried this script. Killed my pad. Had to reinstall and use recovery.

Is there a way to stop the k1 from placing a link on the desktop when i install a new app?

Last edited:

rezapatel

Nov 9, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
OnePlus 8T
I tried this script. Killed my pad. Had to reinstall and use recovery.

Is there a way to stop the k1 from placing a link on the desktop when i install a new app?

Yep, while in the market / play app, on top right icon (don't remember what it's called), uncheck the option that says "create an icon on the desktop". That should do the job.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

oppman29

Apr 16, 2007
Philly
i got everything working nicely.. EXCEPT the tablet doesn't auto rotate automatically...does anyone have a problem with that?

mcreal

Dec 27, 2010
Hi Twist79
can you confirm if its possible to move apps to the external SD Card with this Rom, for example with Titanium backup or App2SD? With my former version it does not work. :mad:

Thanks.

Twist79

Jul 16, 2011
Vienna
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9
It tells me it does it in titanium backup...never used it before.;):p

Edit: it looks like it does not do it. After reboot it offers to move it again. And the symbol is still the phone one.

Last edited:

indigomontoya

Oct 23, 2009
I recently got an old Ideapad K1 from my father-in-law and it only came with the power charger. The stock software is a bit laggy and I want to try this ROM out. Anyway to flash the ROM without using a USB connection? I have windows and linux computers at my disposal and am competent around the command line.

Thanks!

gallahad2000

Jul 9, 2009
I recently got an old Ideapad K1 from my father-in-law and it only came with the power charger. The stock software is a bit laggy and I want to try this ROM out. Anyway to flash the ROM without using a USB connection? I have windows and linux computers at my disposal and am competent around the command line.

Thanks!
It requires a USB cord. Rare android devices can be flashed from the SD card, the K1 is not one of them.

Reactions: mcreal

gallahad2000

Jul 9, 2009
Thanks for the response, though I am not happy about the answer!

Does it matter if I find a generic USB cable or should I buy the USB host cable that I have read about?
You need the USB client cable, the one that plugs into a PC. The host cable has a slot for thumb drives, which won't be of much help.

IE, you need this one
...not this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: indigomontoya

rickpref

Aug 5, 2010
I am using Ubuntu 12.04. I followed the instructions, put the tablet in APX mode, then ran the script and it says "Press Enter to continue"...I do that and it immediately says "Press Exit to exit. It doesn't do anything on the tablet though. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

khanning88

Apr 10, 2010
USA
Updated the first post with R2, which updates busybox and adds init.d support.

If your already using the Rom you can use either updater_120109_R2.zip or updater_120109_M_GE.zip to apply the update.

The US nvflash package has been updated to R2, but I will need someone with the M_GE version to join me in freenode irc #ideapad-k1 to help update the M_GE nvflash package.

I am using Ubuntu 12.04. I followed the instructions, put the tablet in APX mode, then ran the script and it says "Press Enter to continue"...I do that and it immediately says "Press Exit to exit. It doesn't do anything on the tablet though. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

cd into the 'files' dir and try running
Code:
sudo ./nvflash --bct flash.bct --setbct --odmdata 0x300c0011 --sbk 0x0d0a6f49 0x6c577634 0x4d634e55 0x47336d55 --configfile flash.cfg --create --bl bootloader.bin --go

If you get an error post the output.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings,

This is a rooted Rom for the Lenovo Ideapad K1. It also includes CWM version 5.5.0.4.

Original Thread at Rootz

-Already rooted with the latest version of Superuser.apk
    -Google Apps
    -build.prop changes to spoof Motorola Xoom (Was missing many apps from the market before, i.e. GTA III)
    -Lenovo Market Removed
    -Based off the 14_14_120109 US update
    -Android Terminal Emulator
    -OI File Manager
    -Reboot to Recovery Widget/App
    -init.d support

screenshot.jpg

Flash at your own risk. I am in no way responsible for any damage done to your device. This will wipe your entire device except the EXTERNAL sdcard.

If you are using Windows make sure you have installed the APX drivers before continuing.

Nvflash Windows Drivers
    md5sum: 9aa3a4814ca63366329d85a22ed01f64

To boot into APX mode
    1. Power off
    2. Hold down the Vol - and the Vol +
    3. While holding the Volume keys down, Power on
    4. The display should go black, and both LED's on either side of the home button should light up. This is APX mode. If using Windows make sure the drivers are installed

Instructions

Windows

1. Extract the K1_Stock_120109_nvflash_R2.zip contents to a directory

2. Double click the "flash-windows.bat" file

Linux

1. Extract the K1_Stock_120109_nvflash_R2.zip contents to a directory

2. Open a terminal and cd into the extracted directory

3. Copy and paste the following command
    Code:
    chmod a+x ./flash-linux.sh && chmod a+x ./files/nvflash

4. Run either
    Code:
    sudo ./flash-linux.sh
    or from a root prompt
    Code:
    ./flash-linux.sh

CWM Controls
    Power = Back (Any submenu), Toggle Display (Main Menu),
    Vol+ = Highlight Up
    Vol- = Highlight Down
    Home = Select

To boot into recovery
    You can now use the built in app or widget to reboot to recovery
    **Superuser may crash during the first couple of reboots to recovery. Dont worry
    Or run 'k1recovery' from the terminal or adb

Notes
    If you try to flash any of the OTA update.zip's, it will probably work, but you will be shut out of CWM and will not be able to get back in unless you reflash everything via nvflash

Downloads

K1_CWM_120109_Rooted_nvflash_R2.zip
    md5: dc5264c761e96f9fb9f240924cf60217

K1_CWM_120109_M_GE_Rooted.zip
    md5: 280e18ecf837bf030f0a0fe83ec3e824

updater_120109_R2.zip
    md5: 48cb5fefac3dcfcb89cddde501ac3e27

updater_120109_M_GE_R2.zip
    md5: ef45437e57d257e54054cf9b70a0fcd8

Honeycomb_statusbar_120109.zip - Idea by Shaztech
    md5: df290cfd0125f1dde2255a8518cd493f
    Restores the default Honeycomb Status Bar, with the favorites button hidden.
    To Install:
    1. Put the Honeycomb_statusbar_120109.zip on the external sd card storage (Internal will not work)
    2. Boot into recovery (via Widget or App)
    3. Go to install .zip from sdcard
    4. Choose Honeycomb_statusbar_120109.zip and flash.

ThirdPartyAppsRestore.zip - People report loosing market apps after using this. Removing link until I have time to test
    md5: dd3ed7584c4c4813277ec96f55e4023a
    Restores all the third party apps that came with the stock Rom.
    To install:
    1. Put the ThirdPartyAppsRestore.zip on the external sd card storage (Internal will not work)
    2. Boot into recovery (via Widget or App)
    3. Go to install .zip from sdcard
    4. Choose ThirdPartyAppsRestore.zip and flash.
    If you want to remove any of the third party apps you can remove the apk from /data/app/temp

The device tree used to port CWM is posted in my github.
    http://github.com/khanning

I will be in Freenode IRC room #ideapad-k1 if anyone wants to discuss development and to answer any questions.
    I am joining previous poster to ask for working link. I do not want CM 10.

- Can someone update the links please ?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4g0u505kNKibXdVWVhRS1lNTFU/edit
    Recovery Widget

Can you post a link to the APK for manual installation?

Copied this apk from my system/app directory, should install just fine. Hope this helps!

http://www.4shared.com/android/FF3uojB_/K1RecoveryRestart.html?refurl=d1url
    Is there a chance for a Version based on
    K1_A301_12_12_120109_M_GE
    for the UMTS/3G+wifi model?

Thanks.

Yup yup :D

Can someone with the M_GE edition hop into freenode irc #ideapad-k1 with me to test it. If you don't have an irc client you can just go to http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ideapad-k1

[Edit]

Updated the first post with a link to K1_CWM_120109_M_GE_Rooted.zip for my mobile friends in Austria ;)

thanks to isime13 for testing
    look like rooted on the first look.
    Superuser app installs fine.

BUT: Apps don't get super user rights. superuser cant update itself and busybox pro complains it cant install because it does not get superuser rights.

So on the second look...no it does not work right.:(

Twist79, no problem we can fix that up quick. I don't have the device, so I was relying on others to test. Are you able to join me in an irc chat #ideapad-k1?

You can go to:
    http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ideapad-k1