[ROM] | 04 Jun 2013 | AOSP | 4.2.2 | JellyFireBeanv2 Summer Edition

Search This thread

vampire36

May 11, 2011
Pune
I salute your hard work, good job, a great ROM, pretty smooth and polished but I can't live with one issue that I'm experiencing. Every time I'm trying to make a call the screen goes black and it does not turn back on until call ended. Sweep2Wake app does not help as well. Please help if there is a fix for this. Thanks in advance.

Didnt get you...isnt that the way phone should work...sensor should work...no lights when on call and wen u move the phone away fron ur ear or call ended lights up ?

Jovica666

Jun 24, 2012
Tetovo
Didnt get you...isnt that the way phone should work...sensor should work...no lights when on call and wen u move the phone away fron ur ear or call ended lights up ?

I think I have a faulty proximity sensor...so every time when I move away the phone from my face the screen stays just plain dark and there is no way of making the screen turn on until the call i ended...i.e what if i`m entering a code or similar during call. Previously I was on stock 4.0.4 but rooted and i could make the screen turn on by pressing the power button, but not in JellyFireBean v2.Just stays plain dark,tried sweep2wake, modded build.prompt with the following line: "gsm.proximity.enabled=false" to bypass the proximity sensor since it is not working but nothing helps.I really like this ROM so If you can please help me with a fix for the issue,I don`t want to go back to stock 4.0.4.Thanks

4myphone

Oct 22, 2011
I get this too but can live with it for what is otherwise a fantastic ROM.

lights don't light up when you move it away from your ear after a while on a call. If there is a recommended kernel to use I'm happy to try it. Otherwise I'm just eagerly waiting for another update, and thanks Vampire for keeping my phone useful with your great work and the focus on quality.

Sent from my Xoom using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Jovica666

vampire36

May 11, 2011
Pune
I think I have a faulty proximity sensor...so every time when I move away the phone from my face the screen stays just plain dark and there is no way of making the screen turn on until the call i ended...i.e what if i`m entering a code or similar during call. Previously I was on stock 4.0.4 but rooted and i could make the screen turn on by pressing the power button, but not in JellyFireBean v2.Just stays plain dark,tried sweep2wake, modded build.prompt with the following line: "gsm.proximity.enabled=false" to bypass the proximity sensor since it is not working but nothing helps.I really like this ROM so If you can please help me with a fix for the issue,I don`t want to go back to stock 4.0.4.Thanks

lights don't light up when you move it away from your ear after a while on a call. If there is a recommended kernel to use I'm happy to try it. Otherwise I'm just eagerly waiting for another update, and thanks Vampire for keeping my phone useful with your great work and the focus on quality.

Ohhh now I get the issue can you guys use sweep2wake app thats available and use that to disable screen when on call and let me know how it goes. If problem persists then disable sweep2wake using the same app and try using the phone and let me know how it goes. Sweep2wake code is buggy always been so this problem

Jovica666

Jun 24, 2012
Tetovo

Screen does not turn on not just for a while after you move it away from your ear...in my case it doesn`t ever come up until the call is ended .No way I can use dialpad or whatelse during call. Got an app from PlayStore called Proximity Sensor Finder and the value for my PS i always at 0.0 that means my sensor is dead and there is no other way how I can make the screen stay lit during call.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Ohhh now I get the issue can you guys use sweep2wake app thats available and use that to disable screen when on call and let me know how it goes. If problem persists then disable sweep2wake using the same app and try using the phone and let me know how it goes. Sweep2wake code is buggy always been so this problem

I wrote above in my first post that I already tried sweep2wake...it does not help,tried every setting:enabled,enabled&lit,disabled - it simply does not bring the screen back on.As I said I tried to bypass and disable the proximity sensor by putting the following entry to build.prompt "gsm.proximity.enabled=false' as suggested by other users here on xda which had a similar issue. I know Samsung S4 and Htc One both on JB 4.2.2 have an option in phone settings to disable screen turning off during call. Can`t find that setting in this ROM...

Last edited:

coolkid12239

May 5, 2012
speaker

i am a total newbie so please forgive me if this is a very stupid question

i dont even know if this is because of the rom or the phone hardware but here it goes

the desire s has two speakers
music plays out the back
and the front is for the ringtone and phone calls, is there no way to use both for music and calls, or would it cause a huge messup between the normal volume of calls coming out of both speakers

or is there an app for this somewhere, if so what is it called

NVardan

Mar 9, 2013
U.S.S. Enterprise
i am a total newbie so please forgive me if this is a very stupid question

i dont even know if this is because of the rom or the phone hardware but here it goes

the desire s has two speakers
music plays out the back
and the front is for the ringtone and phone calls, is there no way to use both for music and calls, or would it cause a huge messup between the normal volume of calls coming out of both speakers

or is there an app for this somewhere, if so what is it called

You mean, you want to use both speakers together for playing music, for getting stereo and not mono sound? As far as I know, there shouldn't be such a mode.

P.S. Such question should be in this thread.

rockerblood

Feb 29, 2012
manila
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
What would be the instrictions if i came from other custom rom? I tried to wipe all and flash but it gets stuck on htc startup.. im currently using ROM WITH ANDROID V4.0.3

Sent from my HTC Desire S

coolkid12239

May 5, 2012

levijhun

Sep 5, 2011
i had this problem when i installed this on my desire s, i used this guide and it worked perfectly

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1752270

if you havent got platform tools or just a standard adb just google platform tools, hell if you still cand find it pm me, i still have mine

here is the easiest method in flashing boot image if your HTC unlocked.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2088385

You can hit thanks button if I'd helped. Thanks!

Reactions: coolkid12239

MachiavelliBs

Mar 8, 2013
I can see there are gapps for 4,3 , if will be any problem if i flash them ? Or if anybody got link for 4.2.2 gapps can ir share it pls ? Thanks !

BooZon

Nov 25, 2011
For me it is the fastest jb ROM i've ever tested

Sent from hell by HTC Desire S

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay guys been playing with this idea for long...
    Guess everyone knows the legacy of IceColdSandwich...
    The stability the rom bought to IceCreamSandwich world...
    So continuing on the same path...
    Here's JB version of it...
    Should be dead stable...
    This rom is a mixture of CodeFireX and Flinny's AOSP...
    So they deserve complete credit :)
    I have just ported it over with right set of changes to make it super stable with features :)

Bugs :

* Camera features like HDR is WIP
    * Camera lag sometimes

Changelog :

* Based on CodeFireX SR15
    * Performance a notch better (Yes it is !!!) :)
    * BootAnimation changed to DNA
    * Also added a few more stuff here and there :)
    * For more details and features : Link

Quick Peek :

* Would be nice if someone could create a video and share few amazing snaps :)

Installation Instructions :

- Full wipe mandatory, If not coming from FireJellyBeanv1
    - Flash Rom
    - Flash linked Gapps
    - Optional
    a) Flash the awesome beats zip
    b) Fix Permissions (Recovery->Tools->Fix Permissions)
    - Reboot & Enjoy

Downloads :

Rom : Download
    Gapps : BaNkS Gapps
    Awesome Beats : Link

Credits :

* Synergye and Flinny for their Amazing base
    * BaNkS for Gapps
    * Niravnn for transparent phone.apk
    * ...AWESOME... for giving the permission to include awesome beats files :)
    * Kesh_33 for initial ports and allowing me to continue with this rom :)
    * All Devs who helped in some way or the other for JB development
    * Finally Xda and Desire S community for everything !!!

Final few words

* Well me being artistically challenged would be great if the talented and experts in Graphics can contribute with wallpapers, bootanimations, signatures, etc, Would be cool if someone can find time for it and create the stuffs :)
    * Next this being 1st version and super quick 1..is half baked and has too many ace references, But trust me by next release everything would be start to be slowly sorted out and give it a more professional look...Hopefully by then someone kind enough would have made a few wallpapers and bootanimation and stuff,
    * This rom will be updated when it doesn't affect the stability of overall rom and adds value to it and won't just be in sync with CodefireX or Flinny's AOSP. Thats always been my approach release only when am satisfied and prefer a less featured rom rather than unstable one :) I hope you guys understand and respect the philosophy.

Finally guys this has been possible b'cos of CodefireX and AOSP base so credit and donations should always go to their devs in the 1st place. Yet if someone feels I too should be donated have finally created a paypal account and the generous can always do. Whatever amount I get will be used for better development of this rom and future development and maybe get a standby cell so that can use my desire s for development without worrying about missing on calls & stuff :). Not a penny would be used for my personal stuff or expenditures. Even if you don't its absolutely fine as for me thanks and knowing my rom pleases the users gives me happiness beyond words :)
    Hi Guys no ports no upgrades :p
    Life seems boring...
    cant assure but november end once am doen with my exams...
    Would resurrect my phone and resume hardcore rom development on desire s :)
    Maybe finally have jellyfirebeanv3 up too ;) Some good ports :p
    Okay guys so this is what I have planned...
    Mostly in talks with ...Awesome... and if goes well Beats Audio will be present by default...
    Which should solve audio issues...Give a rich experience :)
    Apart from that rest seems good...
    Wifi and stuff seemed more config issues...
    So won't play with it...
    Will fix up stuff and see if I can ask flinny to pull up a new AOSP kernel too :)
    Thats the plan :)
    Okay guys a quick update...
    1st On JellyFireBean v3...well have it ready need to test it also there is a newer nightly present so as and well might just port it or stable version whatever comes this week...had planned to release it this weekend...but office is hectic had no time to breathe have been working 7 days and going to office again :p...I hope you guys understand and absolutely respect and thank you all for the patience :)...Now to just tease you guys a bit...on the fly dark ui has been integrated and now with just a click on toggle follwed by reboot should give u a dark ui...and when bored you can switch back to light one with another click on toggle :)..no more inverted gapps needed :p

Next on StrikeX...things havent moved much since my last release but seems v2 is quite stable and rock solid...pleased to know not much bugs in it...so maybe the best I ll do is separate a thread out...then might see what else can be added and take it from there :)

Thanx again guys for all the support and patience...Appreciate and Respect it :) :) :)
    Pkz vimpire36 adjust this kind of display problem which disturbing so many social apps plz and fc video recording is not working plz suggest any solution

Sent from my Desire S using xda premium

This weekend will push a new build...
    Will check video recording fc problem...
    Just a bit busy thats it...
    But will try my best to push an update :)