[RECOVERY] TWRP 2.5 - i9505 Ex#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
Hello again, I bring to you, TeamWin Recovery Project or commonly known as TWRP (2.5) for your beloved i9505 (S4). I decided to build this as a number of users (including myself) are not much fans of CWM. This gives you the ability to flash your favourite custom ROMs, Kernels, Mods. I have pushed the TWRP Device Tree to my Github, for all of you curious people. Thankyou to 'as i9000' for giving me the stock recovery. Note: This thread will be moved to the i9505 section once its created. If you Encounter any issues with this recovery, report them to this thread with a recovery.log. You can get it by, adb pull /tmp/recovery.log

This has not been tested by me and is still experimental. I hold no responsibility
for any problems caused. YOU! Are trying this at your own risk. Don't blame me that I wasted your $700.

Put a scare in you didn't I?
I have provided the stock recovery if you encounter any issues, you can always flash back. It is Odin flashable.

Downloads:
TWRP (2.5) Experimental #Offi: Download (tech TeamWin)
Stock Recovery: http://d-h.st/LqC

Changelog:
Code:
[I][U]Experimental #2[/U][/I]
Attempted boot fix
Board MSM890 added to list
system.prop updated
Temporarily removed some twrp flags

[I][U]Experimental #1[/U][/I]
Public release

Last edited:

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
Does NOT work, tested this just now!
when you try to boot in recovery, phone is restarted automatically, recovery cannot be reached, so i went back to stock recovery
Thankyou for reporting. Building new version now. one that will hopefully boot in recovery. (skipped some changes i thought werent necessary)
EDIT: i9505 user, who is willing to test. PM ME

Last edited:

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
not that I don't appreciate your effort in building it,
but won't the TWRP team create an official thread for the S4?
Maybe they will, maybe they wont. who knows
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Experimental #2 Online. Should fix recovery issues

Last edited:

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
tested exp2, didn't work either.. i can't use ADB on work pc (driver restrictions etc) and i can't take the device home with me, so i can't take logs, sorry..
Try this, I doubt it will work at all. But get some filemanager that can browse ~/ directories. if it says root not available or something, deny it and check if you can continue. If yes, open the recovery.log and send me its contents.

ausdim

Jan 9, 2007
Can anyone try this please??

I dont know if it will work but give a try.

Thank's

Attachments

• Test_recovery_twrp_2.5_I9505.tar
    9.6 MB · Views: 339

harrybozack

Mar 5, 2007
Unfortunately I had flashed chainfire's root before attempting this. I flashed exp2 and every time I attempted to boot recovery it would just kick me back to the battery charging screen (plugged in).

I booted back to the OS but it didn't have that log...

adb pull /tmp/recovery.log
remote object '/tmp/recovery.log' does not exist

Should I not boot back to the OS to get that file?

vogi

Nov 27, 2010
Stuttgart
adb is working now here. But I have the same problem like Harry.

remote object '/tmp/recovery.log' does not exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello again, I bring to you, TeamWin Recovery Project or commonly known as TWRP (2.5) for your beloved i9505 (S4). I decided to build this as a number of users (including myself) are not much fans of CWM. This gives you the ability to flash your favourite custom ROMs, Kernels, Mods. I have pushed the TWRP Device Tree to my Github, for all of you curious people. Thankyou to 'as i9000' for giving me the stock recovery. Note: This thread will be moved to the i9505 section once its created. If you Encounter any issues with this recovery, report them to this thread with a recovery.log. You can get it by, adb pull /tmp/recovery.log

This has not been tested by me and is still experimental. I hold no responsibility
    for any problems caused. YOU! Are trying this at your own risk. Don't blame me that I wasted your $700.

Put a scare in you didn't I?
    I have provided the stock recovery if you encounter any issues, you can always flash back. It is Odin flashable.

Downloads:
    TWRP (2.5) Experimental #Offi: Download (tech TeamWin)
    Stock Recovery: http://d-h.st/LqC

Changelog:
    Code:
    [I][U]Experimental #2[/U][/I]
    Attempted boot fix
    Board MSM890 added to list
    system.prop updated
    Temporarily removed some twrp flags

[I][U]Experimental #1[/U][/I]
    Public release
    !!!!!!!!!!!!! Full working now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, TWRP updated the DL http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/jfltexx

I noticed it, because the countdown was resetted and the date of the modification time has changed :)

TOUCH IS WORKING NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (my S4 -GT-I9505- is from mediamarkt germany, no branding, no simlock)

Good news :)
    _____

Question: When I do a complete wipe, will the S4 brick? A friend of mine said some kernels are not wipe-proofed, so they will brick.
    OP I fail to see why you needed to open more then one thread for recovery projects.

This thread closed.
    If you can't wait or help out, as I don't own the device. Leave