LineageOS for microG

Search This thread

reknitse

Nov 7, 2017
hero2lte and ghost

Something seems to be wrong with hero2lte. On the official download page I only see here2lte, which is empty...

As obrien654j, I am also interested in the moto x 2013 (ghost): can you add it? It is supported by lineage os, but only as 13.0 version. Is this a problem?

xpissio

Mar 1, 2015
Padova
Any plans for including Substratum support?

Official LineageOS has two defects: No microG support and no Substratum support.

You could resolve both and make a very nice ROM. ;)

aurocha

Hi,

Been using your builds for kenzo for the past few days and love it, in spite of some annoyances I'll try to explain.

1. With your build, magisk and some modules and encryption, wifi takes a long time to connect. An x appears on the bottom of the icon along with the message "no connection data" or something;

2. Copying @MOVZX microg pack, I create a folder, copy the latest playstore into it and then push it to /system/priv-app; I then give it the right permissions: 0755 for the folder and 0644 for the app.

Everything works fine but it doesn't survive the 1st reboot. After that, i get force closes all the time. Maybe I forgot to install something along with the playstore?

I only need the playstore to validate a few purchased apps.

If someone knows how to overcome these issues, please, drop a line.

Regards,
-aurocha

Last edited:
Reactions: Loopeez

obrien654j

Nov 6, 2017
I solved my docker issue. Fixed DNS by changing my /etc/resolv.conf to point to google's DNS instead of my local caching router, then ran into the missing maven issue that I made the merge request fix for (and you merged in, awesome). It'd still be cool if you could add ghost to your builds so I can auto-update though

Thank you!!!!

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

I solved my docker issue. Fixed DNS by changing my /etc/resolv.conf to point to google's DNS instead of my local caching router, then ran into the missing maven issue that I made the merge request fix for (and you merged in, awesome). It'd still be cool if you could add ghost to your builds so I can auto-update though

Thank you!!!!
And I spoke too soon. I did manage to get a zip generated, but flashing stock lineage, then the migration zip, then my generated microg zip results in my phone not making it past the bootloader. Hrmph.

Reactions: cherrygreg

cvbrt

Jan 19, 2015
Can you add support for peregrine (Moto G First Generation 4G)?
It has LOS support.

Simon94

Oct 27, 2011
Something seems to be wrong with hero2lte. On the official download page I only see here2lte, which is empty...

As obrien654j, I am also interested in the moto x 2013 (ghost): can you add it? It is supported by lineage os, but only as 13.0 version. Is this a problem?
There was a typo in hero2lte. Next batch will include that device hopefully :p

Can you add D2Spr? It was one of the first devices that lineage officially supported (the first Samsung device actually). I still have this device and will for awhile.
Can you support LG G2 D802?
Can you add support for peregrine (Moto G First Generation 4G)?
It has LOS support.
hi great work ;) Can you please add support for Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML(Z00A)?

Sure!

Simon94

Oct 27, 2011
The LineageOS for microG OTA infrastructure is based on https://github.com/julianxhokaxhiu/LineageOTA?
I'm mounting my own infrastructure and I want to know how to build it. Thanks.

For now we stick to a small script doing the magic along with a rewrite rule.
PHP:
<?php
define('ARCHIVE_PATH','/data/archive/full');
define('ARCHIVE_URL','https://download.lineage.microg.org/ota/full');

if(!isset($_GET['request']))
	die('Invalid request');

$parts=explode('/',$_GET['request']);
if(count($parts) != 4)
	die('Invalid request');

$request=array(
	'apiversion'=>$parts[0],
	'device'=>$parts[1],
	'romtype'=>$parts[2],
	'revision'=>$parts[3]
);

if($request['apiversion'] != 'v1')
	die('Unsupported API version');

if(!is_dir(ARCHIVE_PATH . '/' . $request['device']))
	die('Unknown device');

$files=glob(ARCHIVE_PATH . '/' . $request['device'] . '/*.zip');
$roms=array();

foreach($files as $file)
{
	$filename=basename($file);
	$version=explode('-',$filename)[1];
	$rom=array(
		'datetime'=>filemtime($file),
		'filename'=>$filename,
		'id'=>filemtime($file),
		'romtype'=>$request['romtype'],
		'url'=>ARCHIVE_URL . '/' . $request['device'] . '/' . $filename,
		'version'=>$version
	);
	$roms[]=$rom;
}

$output['response']=$roms;
echo json_encode($output, JSON_UNESCAPED_SLASHES);
?>

Code:
location /api {
	rewrite ^/api/(.*)$ /ota.php?request=$1 last;
}

Reactions: cvbrt

elmaos

Nov 7, 2017
Hello,

My device didn't pass the safetynet test. I had to install droidguard helper and make it a system app (move it from /data/app to /system/priv-app). Is it expected?
I don't remember having to do this with the previous versions of your rom (from like 2 weeks ago).

I had a second question, is it possible to upgrade system apps from Fdroid?

Simon94

Oct 27, 2011
I had to install droidguard helper and make it a system app (move it from /data/app to /system/priv-app). Is it expected?
We'll discuss this whether we'll ship this with the ROM.

I had a second question, is it possible to upgrade system apps from Fdroid?
Yes it should be possible as long the signature of that APP matches. Thats how GAPPS are upgrading.

Best
Simon

Nebucatnetzer

Feb 4, 2011
@Simon94, I recommend that you add to the installation instruction that the users are wiping /system before flashing the ROM. A factory reset wasn't enough for me to fully remove the Gapps. Was really confused why I couldn't find the microG app and all the Google stuff was working even though the PlayStore was missing.

Other than that it's a really great project, thanks a ton to everyone involved.

kinuris

Apr 1, 2015
Hello! And thank you for your work. Using H815 here..

Trying to make this all work, su addon is not working for me or I don't know how to use it. Tried root checker and root manager from F-Droid, but no root is detected, an no applications detect root (SuperSu says su ocuppied, maybe because de daemon thing you do in your init)

How to use it?

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Sorry for repeat the question but......

Hey, I have and special case. My H815 has official support for LOS. Recently, LG released Nougat for our phone, and the mantainer of official LOS has made an unofficial LOS based on Nougat kernel sources, so we can now use the full camera, and other features that were not possible with MM base. So, could it be possible some kind of package to flash from TWRP?

G

GuestK00164

Will you add support to official lineage os 13 supported devices e.g. expressowifi or just 14.1?

aurocha

You need to go to settings> about phone > and tap 7 times in Build Number to enable Developer Options

Then, you must enable root for ADB and Applications under Developer Options.

And you're done.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Hello! And thank you for your work. Using H815 here..

Trying to make this all work, su addon is not working for me or I don't know how to use it. Tried root checker and root manager from F-Droid, but no root is detected, an no applications detect root (SuperSu says su ocuppied, maybe because de daemon thing you do in your init)

How to use it?

You need to go to settings> about phone > and tap 7 times in Build Number to enable Developer Options

Then, you must enable root for ADB and Applications under Developer Options.

And you're done.

Izzysoft

2. Copying @MOVZX microg pack, I create a folder, copy the latest playstore into it and then push it to /system/priv-app; I then give it the right permissions: 0755 for the folder and 0644 for the app.

Everything works fine but it doesn't survive the 1st reboot. After that, i get force closes all the time. Maybe I forgot to install something along with the playstore?

If you use the microG-LineageOS as base, that AFAIK comes with FakeStore – which uses the same package name as Playstore, so the two would collide.

Which connects exactly with what I just wanted to ask (as the question arises sooner or later): Is it possible to install the official Playstore on these builds somehow (or the patched version by Shadow53)? What are the required pre-processing steps (eg. to remove FakeStore first)?

I only need the playstore to validate a few purchased apps.

Same here. But it looks like @Oblias managed that somehow – maybe he can shed some light on exactly how, as to my knowledge Yalpstore doesn't support license check.

Edit: Unfortunately Oblias doesn't remember anymore, and has moved on to a different ROM. So I depend on your input here …

Last edited:

Mr Smile

Aug 16, 2013
Already asked this in the old thread but nothing happened so far:

Would you please add Nexus 10 (manta)? :)
Unfortunately the official (weekly) LineageOS nightlies are LOS 13.0 for this device.
(I'd really like to have LOS 14.1 but the Lineage guys decided to keep LOS 13 on this tablet. :-/)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some more information on why the March QPRS update caused the 21.0 builds to fail: https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/1bp83tb/_/kwvut4m
    The 18.1 branch still has security patches. They don't get merged. So you have to pick them
    https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:"R_asb_2024-03"

Thanks, but from my (very limited) understanding of Gerrit, those changes have been implemented, but not been verified or code reviewed. So they are not, and will not be, merged to the main `lineage-18.1` branch, and LineageOS won't be making and publishing builds which include the changes.

Our project scope is to build for the same devices as LineageOS build for, so the changes aren't a lot of use to us. I don't know how we would go about 'picking' them for our builds, even if a: we had the resources to do so and b: we are happy to make builds including unverified, unreviewed code, which we don't
    Keep an eye on the matrix room to see when the build finishes
    Just wanted to say thanks for running the nio build. After a couple months of crashing in standby and then the delays related to the recent build issues, I was getting ready to nuke&pave with vanilla lineage until I came across this thread. Started watching the matrix room with bated breath when I saw a nio build begin last night!

I have been hearing a lot of positive things about recent Lineage 21 builds for the nio, so fingers crossed that this stays stable. Thanks again.
    Hi guys, it seems that we have to say goodbye the mozilla location service (MLS), it will be retired soon ..
    Imho that meens, that shipping the mozilla location location service will be no longer necessary.

The question is, which version of microG should be included in the upcoming builds ?
    More about mar-v-in's future plans here
    <snip>

@petefoth : Do you already have an idea how and when integrate a new microG version ?
    At the moment, our builds include the latest `stable` Microg components from https://microg.org/download.html (currently GmsCore is `0.2.27.223616`). We also include the microG F-Droid repo pre-configured, so that users can receive updates. Users can choose to allow beta updates of microG, allowing them to pick up the latest beta versions. This is what I do, so I'm running `0.3.1.240913` on my daily driver device.

I see no reason to change this approach at the moment. I guess mar-v-in will start by shipping his new versions as betas, which users will be able to try out if they wish. Eventually, with luck, the changes will become stable, and we will then include them in our build for all users. Until that happens, users will have to accept that MLS will stop / has stopped working, and live with the reduced performance: the fix is going to come from mar-v-in, and we will include it as normal.
    All the 20.0 builds are complete. Let's hope that 21.0 upstream builds are fixed in time for next month's build run.

The final 18.1 builds have been moved to https://download.lineage.microg.org/archive/
    Are there any problems with that device?
    Yes - there was an error while building the kernel.Probably caused by a change made in the kernel code repo during the build run. With luck it will get built in the next build run - see below
    Also, the latest build overall is almost a week ago.
    Yes, we run builds once per month. The next build run will start at 00:01 on 1st April. There will probably only be 20.0 builds because
    • upstream 18.1 builds have stopped and the 18.1 branch has reached 'end-of-life'
    • 19.1 devices were all promoted to 20.0 a couple of months ago
    • 21.0 builds are broken upstream
    Android experience relies heavily on Google's Play Services. The microG project creates an alternative to installing Gapps, which install and execute closed-source blobs on our phones. MicroG however requires a patch called "signature spoofing", which allows microG's apps to spoof themselves as Google Apps. LineageOS currently does not include the patch due to different opinions among the developers. (further information can be found here)

This makes microG installation difficult on LineageOS and other ROMs. Our ROM is a fork of LineageOS with just the necessary changes to have microG built-in. We ship weekly builds for all the LineageOS supported devices..

You can find us on https://lineage.microg.org

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS for microG, ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Simon94, ncorna, n1zzo, LineageOS, MaR-V-iN
    Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos4microg

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-11-06
    Last Updated 2020-08-28
    Just to give a small heads up. As you may noticed some of the project members the priorities have shifted to other projects.

I was and am still willing to take over some of the tasks, but as microG lacked some bugfixes and support for LineageOS 17.1 i was not sure whether its worth it to spend more time into LineageOS for microG. Once marvin released the new microG update, we still had to check with our team, how we'll proceed.

For now i've taken over the responsibility of the Android Build process, merged some of the fixes and integrated LineageOS 17.1 support. New builds are on their way, both LineageOS 16 and 17.1 based.

Best
    Simon
    Current device list which will be built tomorrow:
    Code:
    a6020,angler,armani,athene,bacon,bullhead,cancro,capricorn,cheeseburger,clark,condor,crackling,d855,
    deb,dragon,falcon,flo,flounder,gemini,h815,h850,hammerhead,harpia,herolte,here2lte,hlte,i9100,
    i9300,jfltexx,kenzo,klte,libra,lux,m8,mako,mido,oneplus2,oneplus3,onyx,osprey,otus,paella,pme,
    serranoltexx,shamu,thea,titan,victara,wt88047,yuga,Z00L
    Hey guys. You are right with your findings. We were testing yesterday LineageOS 15.1. But we rolled it back. Now we have almost everything ready for Lineage 15.1 - In fact there is one minor change outstanding before we're going to release. After release we'll start building the complete LineageOS weekly build roster again.
    today i got my weekly(?) update with november security patches via ota notification.
    thanks for that!

Yes they are rolling out new builds again :) Thank you everyone who is contributing to this :good:

Oops. They only build Oreo right now.

We have decided to build every device weekly (like before), as we don't have the capacity to build for ~75 devices daily and nightlies are quite useless to the end users. We will build for all the ~200 devices, ~30 devices per day, from top to bottom of the usual hudson devices list (which means that 15.1 builds will appear in the first part of the week and 14.1 in the second one).

As usual, new devices will be automatically added to the build list, no need to ask for them, just wait some days.