[ROM][UCLF6][Friday the 13th] The Hybrid RCVII is LIVE .

Do you run this rom in Hybrid (both mods) in Phone, Tablet mod or Neither ?

• Hybrid (sometimes phone sometimes tablet)

Votes: 35 28.0%
  • Phone

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Tablet

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • I don run this rom (please post why) no flaming!

Votes: 14 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

truth77

Feb 28, 2012
Ft Lauderdale
Wow i must be so lucky :) i don't have any of these issues i see everyone else with only the ones i posted on the last page, and those are the truly can't avoids no mater what. Looks like the android god was on my side with this Rom lol! But i had no pros on saurom either :)

Btw i realized after studying the v6 super charged script that you can perform the same tweak in romtoolbox! 8,16,115,130,200 as memory tweak ;-)

Last edited:

lessthanzach

May 23, 2008
Redding, CA
Wow i must be so lucky :) i don't have any of these issues i see everyone else with only the ones i posted on the last page, and those are the truly can't avoids no mater what. Looks like the android god was on my side with this Rom lol! But i had no pros on saurom either :)

Btw i realized after studying the v6 super charged script that you can perform the same tweak in romtoolbox! 8,16,115,130,200 as memory tweak ;-)

Yes but it won't keep your launcher from being killed when memory does get low, also, those values I am almost positive will reset after each boot due to the way ICS and stock roms are set up. The v6 script is able to be scheduled at boot and is able to schedule "flushes" that reset the VM which is important because you will notice every 2 hours or so that there is less free memory available.

I am interested to see if those values will stick for you on reboot, could be an easier way for people to improve their performance when they aren't quite gangster enough to properly set up the script.

Scythe024

Nov 14, 2011
So quick question since its been awhile since ive done the whole root thing. Currently using ICS one click thats unrooted. Do i still use the exisiting root methods? prerooted kernal or no flash counter one? or would i just do this directly through odin on top of my oneclick ics unroot. I saw DA_G's old right up, but not sure if that works with ics, flashing the pda.tar via odin to root

truth77

Feb 28, 2012
Ft Lauderdale
Yes but it won't keep your launcher from being killed when memory does get low, also, those values I am almost positive will reset after each boot due to the way ICS and stock roms are set up. The v6 script is able to be scheduled at boot and is able to schedule "flushes" that reset the VM which is important because you will notice every 2 hours or so that there is less free memory available.

I am interested to see if those values will stick for you on reboot, could be an easier way for people to improve their performance when they aren't quite gangster enough to properly set up the script.

Lol point taken and i won't get to try cuz i know better that to make the two apps compete for memory that's a recipe for disaster. but like you said its a way for people who can't get it to work like we can! It is just the values use in 768 so its more aggressive towards the app your in or or running. Great for gaming and net browsing!

And to be perfectly honest i was getting the best performance just on lowering my vm heap to 64. I was just going to try and uninstall the supercharged script. But that's imho.

Last edited:

truth77

Feb 28, 2012
Ft Lauderdale
So quick question since its been awhile since ive done the whole root thing. Currently using ICS one click thats unrooted. Do i still use the exisiting root methods? prerooted kernal or no flash counter one? or would i just do this directly through odin on top of my oneclick ics unroot. I saw DA_G's old right up, but not sure if that works with ics, flashing the pda.tar via odin to root

If I'm not mistaken installing cwm is the root. You just need to download superuser from the market. But I could be wrong because I flashed dagr8's Rom only.

You guys should really try the new dictation. I seriously have not typed once since I've been on ice cream sandwich

katdog75

Oct 30, 2011
Toronto
is anyone getting sms messages that send but in the sms app it said send failed with a read exclamation point so annoying?

I was having this issue whenever I replied having "quick reply" active in SMS Popup. I tested over and over and this feature is not working properly. If you disable quick reply the problem should go away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

roloracer

Jul 8, 2008
Kissimmee
on Rogers getting poor LTE speed ?

I fixed mine like this :

Open Dialer : Type *#2263# and Select "[4] LTE Band Preference" then "[7] LTE ALL". hit home button not back . test speeds .

Update :

I have been looking into different possibilities for the tablet mode

it seem to me Touchwiz UI is what is breaking it , it will require a lot of porting form an aosp build in order to get this working not something that is done in a day .

So I have 2 options here for the next 5-7 days

Make a Saurom ICS with as many goodies and features as I can port from GB to ICS or start some heavy lifing on the Tablet mod on Touchwiz base .

I would say definitely a multi-dpi suarom ics!

RoloRacer on ICS Galaxy Note!

maxgohan

Sep 30, 2006
GTA
after I did the ROgers LTE Speed fix, I can't make any calls!!

Open Dialer : Type *#2263# and Select "[4] LTE Band Preference" then "[7] LTE ALL". hit home button not back . test speeds .

every time I try to call, it just ends the call before even dialing out :s

tyler79durdan

Sep 28, 2011
1:1.61803
If you're fishing for 2¢, I would offer up a wish for the Saurom with goodies as I use go launcher and your Saurom v6 was/is the sweetest on this beast. Many thanks for that, and the ics. I nandroid back & forth between the 2 comparing them. Ics=more stuff, some tablet & chrome, Saurom v6=less lag & no 15 sec hang on some programs.

Sent from my non-stock junk,.

That's how I felt about the inspire, but after aosp, I realized what Android 4.0.3 was meant to be...completely changed the feel of my hardware and phone had a new life...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

maxgohan

Sep 30, 2006
GTA
ok, just turned it back to automatic network selection and can make calls now...

guess I'll have to wait for the official rogers ics to get full lte speeds

katdog75

Oct 30, 2011
Toronto
after I did the ROgers LTE Speed fix, I can't make any calls!!

every time I try to call, it just ends the call before even dialing out :s

I had the same issue. After you select LTE ALL go back and select option 1 AUTOMATIC. it should keep the LTE connection but still allow you to make calls.

Last edited:

supac

May 29, 2005
guys whenever I take a screenshot and tried to edit it with the lasso to crop it the screen capture would crash are you guys getting the same thing?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of , I wanna throw my hats off to the Paranoidandroid guys for pulling off the app per dpi mod, its a great addon for our Hybrid . Go hit their thanks button (or Donate ) they deserve it here and here

How To Flash ?
    READ THIS POST

AND READ
    THIS ONE AGAIN

==> THE HYBRID <==

( RCVII no wipe)

Mirror 1 <- dev host

Mirror 2 none for now (waiting on Blownco 's )

Mirror 3 (soon) none for now

Inverted Aosp apps + widgets

make sure to Boot the rom fully once before flashing this

Aosp apps + widgets

make sure to Boot the rom fully once before flashing this

TW revert apps+ widgets

Changelogs RCVII

100% base is UCLF6 this is not a system dump these apk are fresh from the installer .

No volume Wake addon (attached )

No PAD/revert addon (attached ) <-- fixes sdcard and PAD related bugs but you lose PAD

removed tab2 launcher

Hybrid Boot animation

Features

• Multi-DPI
    • Debloated
    • Deodex
    • Zipaligned
    • Rooted
    • Busybox
    • Symlinked
    • Smemo Multi dpi
    • Extra Applications will be installed automatically on reboot If you wipe the phone.
    • Stock Touchwiz theme
    • Working market no Multi-DPI bug
    • The rom comes 'stock 320 dpi '
    • Insecure Kernel
    • Transparent Lockscreen
    • Hybrid Wallpaper as default
    • Fully working Tablet mode under 213 DPI
    • TWLauncher with landscape and 6 icons flashable
    • AOSP app Kit Highly recommended in Tablet mode

make sure to Boot the rom fully once before flashing this (not like you have any choices now anyways :D

Added Apps

• Apex Launcher
    • NOVA Launcher
    • ICS Dialer+ (adds T9 Search)
    • silencer
    • sms pop up
    • ti back up
    • Mi locker
    • on call end
    • appremover

AOSP app Kit

• Gallery 3d
    • Dialer
    • MMS (market version)
    • contacts
    • calendar (market version)
    • Email
    • Browser
    • camera
    • Widget

Tips

• You can Use Google Gallery to play Videos (its the aosp video player)
    • IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY (SUDDEN) PROBLEMS WITH ANY APPS
      THAT FC or misbehave like market does sometimes... DO THE FOLLOWING:
      Open settings go to applications/all clear the application 's data and its provider 's or googleframeworksomething* then REBOOT
    • On Rogers getting poor LTE speed ?
      Open Dialer : Type *#2263# and Select "[4] LTE Band Preference" then "[7] LTE ALL". hit home button not back , return and set it to automatic . test speeds . please note you can NOT access this using the AOSP dialer
    • Wanan remove the minipanel (arrow in the status bar )

Basically it just involves deleting these:

Any apps in System/app that has "Mini" in its name (Including minimode-res.apk).

Next remove System/framework/minimode.jar

Now the miniapps should be completely removed from your system after a reboot including the program that opens them and the arrow on the system bar. If you would like them back just reflash your current ROM or restore the backup THAT YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE!

Known Issues

• Tab2 launcher only works in tablet mode (seclauncher)
    • Connection icons dont get colored when connected to google servers .
    • Cant change lockscreen wallpaper
    • Some cosmetic bugs with system ui in different dpi .
    • Stock application will FC in tablet mode : 'hitting back when in in the Accounts and Sync menu' , Calendar , Browser and contacts (maybe more )
    • The quickpanel only has 3 apps working (out of 5 that will show ) :
    _ Mini Music doesnt scan for any music (not sure why) so its useless its still there in case someone wants to try and fix it ...
    _ in the quick panel Videos will FC , as its not a mini app I have no idea why you can see it there, you can just remove it manually.

INFO

We have source !!1
    What does that mean ? OC and goodies comin'

This will NOT update your bootloader So you will be able to revert to your back up or to my rom :D

Thx to

AndroidON
    Braway
    drcmda
    e30andrew
    ee23hd2
    Gestalt73
    flapjaxxx
    Smando
    Jamied81
    kahvitahra (just cuz he's cool)
    Paranoidandroid crew
    Mohan_kr
    sixstrinsg
    Roenanao & snq (miuiandroid forums)
    Wanam

All them testers .

Missing credit will get them Names when I get more time sorry ..
    Screenshot_2012-04-26-21-48-11.png

Screenshot_2012-04-26-21-48-25.png

245zmfr.png

screenysy.jpg

j7q685.png

tablet_mod.jpg

The Hybrid 's goal is :

To be like TW ICS should have been on our note , meaning its full phone mode stability and all the nice features we are use to in previous Gingerberead rom, this means you can run the phoen in normal mode , all the stuff you are use to will be there while unleashing the full potential of it's half tablet look , let's face it the NOTE is big enough to be used as a tablet . hence this rom' s name , ' The Hybrid ' .

• The Picture in the op is click-able link , this will always be the full standalone version , it will NOT wipe your phone
    • Since XDA-app / Tapatalk users cant click links in picture s the same link is duplicated where it says ==> THE HYBRID <== . this will always be the latest full base .
    • For users already running previous versions of the hybrid there is a 'non wipe link right under the picture . this is only if you were running the previous Version of the Hybrid and is genreally just an update l of course if there s no update then no link will be there

APP per dpi explained
    1. With the new mod you need to change the dpi you wanna use in the build prop but you also need to match it for the keyboards and others inside hyb.prop otherwise it will not work well, just look at the zip attached in the OP and you will see how I did it .
    2. To add more apps to have there own customized dpi :
    3. take the facebook application.. its name inside of data/app folder would be facebook.katana-1.apk
    4. so in order to have it run its own custom dpi you would type
    5. pa.com.facebook.katana.dd=260
    6. 260 = the dpi you want it to use .
    7. No reboot needed just force close the application and voila (via applications menu)
    8. Play with it and try to make it work and post your pad.prop and results .[/B]
    9. additional info thx to rsalib :

Here are some Hybrid instructions with the new pad.prop:

I have found it easier to run tablet UI and push apps to higher than 213 to make them look like normal phone apps and keep whatever works tablet mode untouched. You also have the option to use Phone UI and force apps the apps that have a tablet UI into DPI 213 and under.

The build.prop and pad.prop work as a team.

The line in build.prop:
      # for 480x800 panel
      ro.sf.lcd_density=

decides if your phone is going to be base tablet or base phone.
      -if you put 213 or lower it will be base tablet with the fancy buttons at the bottom of the screen and the pop notification from the lower right.
      -if you put 214 or higher it will be base phone with the normal phone look

if you want tablet UI with forcing phone into apps that do not have a tablet UI or look weird in tablet:(how i do it)
      build.prop line should be 213
      pad.prop:
      pa.system_default_dpi=213
      pa.user_default_dpi=(whatever you want, just remember the bigger you go, the harder it is to see text on tablet UI apps)

If you want Phone UI with forcing apps with tablet UI into tablet mode
      build.prop line should be 214 or higher
      pad.prop:
      pa.system_default_dpi=213(this make the status bar and fonts really small)
      pa.user_default_dpi=(again, whatever you want, but the bigger you go the harder it is to see text in tablet UI apps)
      AND AND AND AND AND
      you have to put the apps that have tablet UI into /system/app folder

Add-ons explained :

• Aosp kit AOSP app replacement like its name says .....
    • Stock TW revert : (to revert from the aosp app kit )
    • lf6_No_Pad_No_SD_BUG.zip : removes ability to change each apps dpi (PAD) result is no bugs related to that mod
    • lf6_pad_enable : re-enable PAD mod
    • lf6_No_Volume_Wake.zip : pretty much
    • LF6_Hybrid_213.zip : enable tablet
    • LF6_Hybrid_320.zip : back to Phone mod
    • TWLAND.zip : twlauncher 6 icons in dock and auto-rotation
    • Disable/Enable_Capacitive_Buttons-JD81.zip : disable capacitive buttons

How to install

• Important INFO

0_ Rom is NON wipe, you dont have to wipe anymore, you can do a manual wipe if you want , if you do so, some apps will be auto-installed at first boot . if you encounter any problems WIPE FIRST ask questions LATER.
      1_ If you have apps already installed to your sdcard (and you dont want to wipe manually) move them to internal before flashing the rom
      2_flash base rom it WILL auto reboot .
      3_Rom boots in Phone UI mode the first time .
      4_you can reboot to recovery (using power menu) to enable tablet mode or flash the addons you 'd like
      5_ When you restore (using titanium backup) go in preference and make sure to tell titanium back up to restore to internal sdcard ONLY
      6_3_ DO NOT INSTALL APPS TO EXTERNAL SDCARD ===> this is a bug with the early app per dpi mod (the en we are using). if you do you will regret it , and watch out Google play Store installs some applications to the Ext Sdcard by default .., the best thing to do to avoid that is unmount your sdcard before installing new apps , also changing the default install location (of market) via Rom Toolbox might help .
    • Good to go !!!!

Known Issues

• Tab2 launcher only works in tablet mode (seclauncher)
    • Connection icons dont get colored when connected to google servers .
    • Cant change lockscreen wallpaper
    • Some cosmetic bugs with system ui in different dpi .
    • Stock application will FC in tablet mode : 'hitting back when in in the Accounts and Sync menu' , Calendar , Browser and contacts (maybe more )
    • The quickpanel only has 3 apps working (out of 5 that will show ) :
    _ Mini Music doesnt scan for any music (not sure why) so its useless its still there in case someone wants to try and fix it ...
    _ in the quick panel Videos will FC , as its not a mini app I have no idea why you can see it there, you can just remove it manually.
    Oooh, ICS brought me out of hiding. Looking to build an ICS OC kernel soon :)