Retired AOKP thread.

Search This thread

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
AOKP Official Nightlys.

I am not the developer. Just a lover of the unicorn!

http://goo.im/devs/glitch/AOKP
http://androtransfer.com/?developer=AOKP

Only for the 5113 so far. Should work on all though. The mobile data and voice stuff is there.

Use at your own risk, I am not responsible for what you do with this.

Install is just like CM10 install. Use JB Gapps. You can flash over CM10 but a full wipe is recommended for best results.

You can use the overclock kernel for CM10 with this.

Enjoy!

I'm already running the 20120818 build, it's pretty smooth. Didn't realise the cmoc10 kernel would work. Gonna try that now

Sent from my XT860 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

I can confirm that the cmoc10 kernel is working. Oddly I had a hard time upping the max freq. ROM control performance section I just could not get the slider to move right, and the tablet would seem to hang momentarily. ROM toolbox would give me an app not responding. I finally got it to work in ROM control performance

Sent from my GT-P5113 using xda premium

notoriousB

Dec 17, 2010
Awesome, gonna have to give this a whirl, loved aokp on my old fascinate and the tab 2 stock is dammed laggy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Reactions: scottx .

jmichaels1982

May 30, 2011
Long Island, NY
46c04273-ea20-5732.jpg

This is the the latest nightly and cm10 oc kernel with pegasus and cfq

Sent from my GT-P5113 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

sk3201

Apr 13, 2008
Düsseldorf
I got higher bench marks and smoother UI with nova installed. havent really tested battery life yet.

I'm currently on cm10 and switched yesterday to nova as it seems indeed smoother than stock cm 10 launcher. I have a different experience on jelly bean with my gnexus. still on a modded jb stock launcher because its the smoothest. did you compare speed aokp vs cm 10 with nova?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

jmichaels1982

May 30, 2011
Long Island, NY
yep

I'm currently on cm10 and switched yesterday to nova as it seems indeed smoother than stock cm 10 launcher. I have a different experience on jelly bean with my gnexus. still on a modded jb stock launcher because its the smoothest. did you compare speed aokp vs cm 10 with nova?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Yes i benched both with nova and without and aokp ranked higher on antutu and imo (very subjective ) UI speed. AOKP destroyed CM10

kenmasters321

Oct 8, 2010
leeds
Hmm what is the difference between gt-p5113 and gt-p5110? I'm currently using stable cm9, this is so much better then stock. I did also try cm10 but had a lot of issues. Would love to put this on my gt-p5110

Would this rom work on gt-p5110 even tho its for gt-p5113?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
Hmm what is the difference between gt-p5113 and gt-p5110? I'm currently using stable cm9, this is so much better then stock. I did also try cm10 but had a lot of issues. Would love to put this on my gt-p5110

Would this rom work on gt-p5110 even tho its for gt-p5113?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda app-developers app

It should be fine. I've flashed a 5110 rom to my 5113 and it worked fine. You may have to make some changes to the updater script

Sent from my XT860 using xda premium

jcsy

Jan 9, 2009
Land of the Z1/EVO3D/GTAB10.1(2)
Anyone tested aokp for 5100?

Should it just work as well?

EDIT:

I flashed the 5113 on my 5100, and the 3G ability is lost
Notification panel also doesnt work in the order I want them(toggles)

everything works to do with WIFI
Quadrant score of 2955 with 1.2GHZ OC

-----------------------------------------------------
Its so hard to get THANKED these days on XDA. ;)
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D running ROMEOS 1.3.4 FINAL

Last edited:
Reactions: leontai.9222

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I only own the p3113 and the p5113 so that's all I've been focusing on to date. This evening I'll see about adding in p5100 and p5110 to AOKP's gerrit for future builds. Everything's about ready for them to be built anyway, just haven't done it yet. I've also submitted an update to add the toggles to the status bar menu.
    New Builds... Let's do this!

Finally back in business.... Let's get some stars on this thread!

These builds have a bunch of new unique features. So let's get to it.

Let's start with a couple biggies...

On the fly GPU Overclocking

Another first for our tabs! Based on imoseyon's Tuna kernel work. To change speeds simply edit /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/gpu_oc. Values are as follows: 0 = 307MHz 1 = 384MHz 2 = 512MHZ

On top of the built in 1.2GHz overclock my tab runs really well at 512MHz. Be mindful the higher GPU freqs will cause an increase in heat production. The values will revert back to 0 (307MHz) on boot. So if you find your tab locked up or acting odd at a higher clock speed just reboot it. On the other side of that you'll need to change the value every time you boot the tablet.

Custom Boot Animation Changer

This now has a really cool preview screen to see the bootanimation in motion before selecting it for install!

Camera Updates

Among the many new features include Volume key zooming!

Install Instructions

Flash Rom in custom recovery
    Wipe data/factory reset if you are coming from another ROM
    Flash the zip
    Wipe cache/dalvik cache
    Then flash GApps.
    Reboot

Downloads

http://androtransfer.com/?developer=cmenard
    Tonight I'll try and get some updated builds up here. These will be for all the p51xx variants (p5100, p5110, and p5113)!
    When can we expect for the P5100 AOKP?

I've updated all the AOKP p51xx device trees. Last night I got the rest of the build pieces in AOKP's Gerrit site for approval. As soon as they are approved they will start getting built.