My review of the Xperia Z2 Tablet

Search This thread

jlariviere

Mar 27, 2008
Rocklin
I've put together a review with a video comparing it to the Apple iPad Air. Hope you guys like it.

http://tbreak.ae/reviews/sony-xperia-z2-tablet-review

Let me know if there is anything else you want me to test.

Thanks! It looks awesome!
If you wanted to do an addendum, is the 3-4 days an expected, or a real-life experience? How does battery life hold up to the expected life when you're doing email, videos, games, etc?

Thanks!

I'm really hurting that the latest news I'm seeing is that it will not be released at all in the USA.
Jeremie

ajaffarali

Feb 7, 2005
Dubai
Battery life is my only "concern" as it is noticeably lower than my iPad. That being said, you can still get 2-3 days of standard usage but I think standby battery performance needs to be better. Hopefully Sony will work on it with the firmware that is released.

Mar 2, 2007
Pencil input?

Hi can you kindly check if the tablet recognize a pencil as input? like how it is possible with the Xperia Z Ultra.
Apparently XperiaBlog is claiming that both Z2 and Tablet Z2 have the same high sensitivity screen as the Ultra and can register input from gloves and styluses/pencils.
Thanks!

hasenbein1966

Aug 9, 2011
Battery life is my only "concern" as it is noticeably lower than my iPad. That being said, you can still get 2-3 days of standard usage but I think standby battery performance needs to be better. Hopefully Sony will work on it with the firmware that is released.

Regarding standby battery performance most probably is the same as ever: Out of the box it will be rather bad because too many background services and useless Sony apps are active. Deactivate the Sony BS, let only the really necessary background apps run - standby battery usage will be excellent.

ajaffarali

Feb 7, 2005
Dubai
Regarding standby battery performance most probably is the same as ever: Out of the box it will be rather bad because too many background services and useless Sony apps are active. Deactivate the Sony BS, let only the really necessary background apps run - standby battery usage will be excellent.

So with LTE on, battery drain is a lot quicker than with Wi-Fi.

ajaffarali

Feb 7, 2005
Dubai
Hi can you kindly check if the tablet recognize a pencil as input? like how it is possible with the Xperia Z Ultra.
Apparently XperiaBlog is claiming that both Z2 and Tablet Z2 have the same high sensitivity screen as the Ultra and can register input from gloves and styluses/pencils.
Thanks!

I'll try this out today. Just use a normal pencil? As I dont have a stylus.

Sepulture

Mar 16, 2013
I've put together a review with a video comparing it to the Apple iPad Air. Hope you guys like it.

http://tbreak.ae/reviews/sony-xperia-z2-tablet-review

Let me know if there is anything else you want me to test.

Dear Abbas, I know for the Z2 Tablet (and the Z2 phone for that matter), Bravia Engine is replaced by X-Reality. Could you confirm if X-Reality still only affects videos and pictures from the default Sony "Movies" and "Album" apps, and maybe Youtube, or does it apply for everything else which is displayed on screen no matter what (when it is enabled in the settings of course). I really like the X-Reality effect and wish that it would apply for the entire display throughout.

Thanks in advance! :)

Top Liked Posts