[Q] Using an ext4 formatted MicroSD

Search This thread

baobrain

May 19, 2014
Hello everyone,

Before anyone tries to point out that this thread has similar predecessors, let me clarify. I have checked the other threads, and they are either outdated, or do not apply to my case.

I use the SGH-i337 with mk2 firmware, rooted with superSU installed and binary counter reset via TriangleAway.

So here's the situation:

Since I have quite a bit of music, I purchased a 32GB MicroSD that I use with the device. The thing is, since there is so much music, and I can only use FAT32 out of the box, data loss is quite severe. I end up with a quarter of my library virtually unusable (tracks blend in with each other, random segments are inserted and removed from files).

As most of us know, EXT4 has none of these problems, nor does it have that 4GB limit per file that FAT has, but the OEM rom simply does not support (or rather blocks support of) the filesystem format. I have thought about switching to a custom rom, but the problem is that AT&T locked this down pretty well even on mk2, so that the bootloader is virtually unchangeable.

Could someone help me with this? Also, if there is a "safe" way of unlocking the bootloader, I'd be up to that as well.

Thanks before hand.

jmjoyas

Apr 5, 2013
There is no way to unlock the boot loader.
Have you tried the exfat format?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk