Hp 8 1401 root

Search This thread

kiwibro92

Oct 2, 2012
I didn't know where else to post this so I thought I would put it here.
I recently just purchased a HP 8 1401 tablet and I'm wondering on the root method for it? any help would be great!

Avensac

Oct 24, 2014
hi

i managed to fix my device from reseting to factory settings after every restart. i dont know how but i did it :smileyvery-happy:
mine problem beside reseting to factory settings after every restart was not beeing able to load update.zip from internal or external memory in recovery. so i have tried fev solutions i found on web. i think i succeeded when my battery dropped below 30% and i wasnt able to start my device so i pluged my charger and device started, i let it little to charge and reboot it to recovery from settings (i had sd card in with update.zip from hp page on it) and i choose apply from external and recovery recocnized sd card and file update.zip on it. i loaded it and installation finished. i rebooted system, set up my google account and everything else, shut down device and turn it back on and everything was ok :smileyvery-happy:DD

hope this will help

You tried rooting it and then got factory reset problem? If so which method you used for rooting? After you fixed that no more root?

SpirosAnOn

May 16, 2015
Anyone found any solutions to the problem? I rooted my device with SRS root but I have the same problem with the reset. It's really annoying!

I have the latest version of android for this tablet. I tryied the "fast boot" method but nothing and from there. Also I can't stop the reset problem even If I unroot the device.

help me please!

Avensac

Oct 24, 2014
Anyone found any solutions to the problem? I rooted my device with SRS root but I have the same problem with the reset. It's really annoying!

I have the latest version of android for this tablet. I tryied the "fast boot" method but nothing and from there. Also I can't stop the reset problem even If I unroot the device.

help me please!

First I would suggest you doing Factory reset/Wipe data from either options menu or system recovery menu (Instructions on official HP forum ).

If suggestion from above does not work then I would suggest you restoring tablet with image from HP website but it seems that they removed it for some reason so it isn't available anymore. Maybe they removed it because an Android upgrade is coming? They said HP 8 1401 should get KitKat update but not when..

And please, if you try something from above or find another solution report back in this thread so people can know what is the fix since there are a lot of them with your problem.

Last edited:

SpirosAnOn

May 16, 2015
First I would suggest you doing Factory reset/Wipe data from either options menu or system recovery menu (url...forum don't let me include it).

If suggestion from above does not work then I would suggest you restoring tablet with image from HP website but it seems that they removed it for some reason so it isn't available anymore (but I have a copy of it on my pc). Maybe they removed it because an Android upgrade is coming? They said HP 8 1401 should get KitKat update but not when..

I did a factory reset both from inside the android and from the recovery menu. Also I wiped out the cache too. Yes, I looked into HP's support page but I found nothing too, as you said. Is there any possibility in the end, to get the root and don't have the reset problem?

It would be very helpfull If you can send me the image you have as a temporary solution at least. If I find anything I'm planning to make a post in my Greek blog (eyrhka.gr) and post an answer here too. I'm watching this thread for a while but there are too few people own this tablet.

jmmv3000

Jun 24, 2015
I solved factory reset problem HP 1401

I did a factory reset both from inside the android and from the recovery menu. Also I wiped out the cache too. Yes, I looked into HP's support page but I found nothing too, as you said. Is there any possibility in the end, to get the root and don't have the reset problem?

It would be very helpfull If you can send me the image you have as a temporary solution at least. If I find anything I'm planning to make a post in my Greek blog (eyrhka.gr) and post an answer here too. I'm watching this thread for a while but there are too few people own this tablet.

You lose the root but you win your tablet again
You can resolve the reboot problem after rooting HP 8 1401 if you restore the original image from HP with adb sideload option (the only option that works, i try all the others first without sucess) in the recover menu

First you must download some files (Android SDK; Java SDK):

"pplware.sapo.pt/smartphones-tablets/android/como-usar-o-android-debug-bridge-adb"
"2013/02/12/guide-how-to-use-adb-sideload-to-update-a-nexus-without-root-or-custom-recovery"]

because im new, i cant put urls so search the text up to find how to use adb option
I have the last european original image if anyone needed, send me PM with a email so i can transfer the file by wetransfer
ps: free of course

Best regards

Last edited:
Reactions: js3382 and Avensac

js3382

Jul 1, 2015
You can resolve the reboot problem after rooting HP 8 1401 if you restore the original image from HP with adb sideload option (the only option that works, i try all the others first without sucess) in the recover menu

"pplware.sapo.pt/smartphones-tablets/android/como-usar-o-android-debug-bridge-adb"
"2013/02/12/guide-how-to-use-adb-sideload-to-update-a-nexus-without-root-or-custom-recovery"]

because im new, i cant put urls so search the text up to find how to use adb option
I have the last european original image if anyone needed, send me PM

Best regards

Hi, I also have fallen to same problem. Can you please send me the image? European image is fine for me.
Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Peterwan

Jul 19, 2015
Hi, can you please send a copy, too? I have the same problem.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Hi, please send me a copy, too. I have the same problem. Tq.

Hi, tq for the pm & file. But I have a problem, after adb sideload update.zip, the pop-up message said : Cannot read the relevant file. Pls S.O.S!!!

Avensac

Oct 24, 2014
Hi, tq for the pm & file. But I have a problem, after adb sideload update.zip, the pop-up message said : Cannot read the relevant file. Pls S.O.S!!!

Hmm this is the first time I encountered this error so I don't know how to fix it. I've done a little research but didn't find anything on the problem you are encountering.

If anybody knows the solution for the problem please, post it here. Thanks.

Peterwan

Jul 19, 2015
Hmm this is the first time I encountered this error so I don't know how to fix it. I've done a little research but didn't find anything on the problem you are encountering.

If anybody knows the solution for the problem please, post it here. Thanks.

My problem is solved now, after using update.zip from jmmv3000 to adb sideload. My Hp8 is now running and I am enjoying it. Tq for your help.

calitiskirby@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2013

I have the last european original image if anyone needed, send me PM with a email so i can transfer the file by wetransfer

Best regards

Do you still have copy of the image? If yes, can you send it to me or give me a link so I can download? TIA!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I solved factory reset problem HP 1401

Best regards