Jelly bean 4

Search This thread

feadolphus

Jun 22, 2011
Las Vegas
I have downloaded Jelly Bean 4 for HTC Incredible to test it out. I have noticed that some apps from the market will not download. One app is XDA. When it downloads then tries to install it says "couldn't install on usb storage or sd card". Any help would be great. I would ask the developer but xda will not allow me to post on the thread which sucks too.

roflhorse

May 28, 2009
It's an alpha version. Expect a lot of stuff to not work yet. You are better off waiting for them to develop it further.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using xda app-developers app

Reactions: feadolphus

Albinoman

Jul 31, 2011
Seattle
Google Pixel Fold
I have downloaded Jelly Bean 4 for HTC Incredible to test it out. I have noticed that some apps from the market will not download. One app is XDA. When it downloads then tries to install it says "couldn't install on usb storage or sd card". Any help would be great. I would ask the developer but xda will not allow me to post on the thread which sucks too.

The xda app installed fine for me.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using xda premium

kevman8396

Apr 27, 2011

What I did was go into the system settings and then storage, unmount your SD card and then install XDA. After installation go back in and remount the SD card. It worked for me. I am assuming it will work for any other apps you are not able to install

feadolphus

Jun 22, 2011
Las Vegas
Jelly bean alpha 4 htc incredible

One thing I noticed is that I am having problems downloading ROMs from XDA using Chrome or the stock browser. I am going to download and install Alpha 5 and GAPPS and see how they work. More to come. I am trying to post as much as possible to be able to post in other test spots too.

Dezier11

Nov 19, 2011
Hey Albinoman, I just flashed alpha 4 yesterday and alpha 5 this afternoon, great work! I appreciate all the hard work and would love to help out with development anyway possible.

I did just notice that 'System settings -> About phone -> Mod version' is still listed as Alpha-4. I just wanted to check that I actually did flash Alpha 5 and it just didn't get the version updated. I double checked the zip files and made sure I flashed the right one (did it a second time to be sure), wiped data/cache, etc, but it still shows Alpha-4. Is this correct?

Thanks again, I will be following your ROM closely

Albinoman

Jul 31, 2011
Seattle
Google Pixel Fold
Hey Albinoman, I just flashed alpha 4 yesterday and alpha 5 this afternoon, great work! I appreciate all the hard work and would love to help out with development anyway possible.

I did just notice that 'System settings -> About phone -> Mod version' is still listed as Alpha-4. I just wanted to check that I actually did flash Alpha 5 and it just didn't get the version updated. I double checked the zip files and made sure I flashed the right one (did it a second time to be sure), wiped data/cache, etc, but it still shows Alpha-4. Is this correct?

Thanks again, I will be following your ROM closely

Ya I forgot to change it. Its still alpha 5

feadolphus

Jun 22, 2011
Las Vegas
Alpha 5 is working great for me so far. Still having some issues downloading apps but I am working through them one at a time. The email app works but when looking at emails it looks off like the stock browser? Is that due to the hwa issue?

Sent from my Droid Incredible using xda app-developers app

Albinoman

Jul 31, 2011
Seattle
Google Pixel Fold
Alpha 5 is working great for me so far. Still having some issues downloading apps but I am working through them one at a time. The email app works but when looking at emails it looks off like the stock browser? Is that due to the hwa issue?

Ya its a hwa problem. I'm working on it.

feadolphus

Jun 22, 2011
Las Vegas
Oh OK. No worries. I'm still learning. Will a launcher work on Jb? Nova or Apex for example? I'm looking for different setting they offer.

feadolphus

Jun 22, 2011
Las Vegas
Jelly bean alpha 5 htc incredible

Update: The ROM is working great for me. I have not tried bluetooth yet but shall. I am now running ALPHA 5, V6 Supercharged with APEX launcher. Just waiting for the HWA, Camera, and video fixes. :) :fingers-crossed: More tests to come.

afatpanda

Feb 8, 2011
Watching that ROM very closely.

I desperately need my email for work, so I had to downgrade to ICS for now; but I was loving Google Now and the progress made, and with using Chrome, I felt I could get along nicely. I look forward to testing out Alpha 5 this weekend (If its not 6 by then ;) ). Also looking forward to seeing what PureMotive's is like. Exciting stuff!

Very handy work, Albinoman.

lukkypuggy

Aug 10, 2012
Sandy, OR
I can't wait until butter works along with youtube, camera/camcorder works!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's an alpha version. Expect a lot of stuff to not work yet. You are better off waiting for them to develop it further.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using xda app-developers app

The xda app installed fine for me.

What I did was go into the system settings and then storage, unmount your SD card and then install XDA. After installation go back in and remount the SD card. It worked for me. I am assuming it will work for any other apps you are not able to install
    Any idea what's different in Alpha 5? No changelog was posted.

I fixed root, made it a little faster and Bluetooth might work.

Oh OK. No worries. I'm still learning. Will a launcher work on Jb? Nova or Apex for example? I'm looking for different setting they offer.

Yes they will. I would suggest apex.