stable KitKat version for daily use- utopia ?

Search This thread

trevor12

Apr 27, 2011
I am watching for a long-term (years) development of custom roms for evo 3d (I cannot write topic under development subsection) and I am disappointed, mostly in the stage of development ends while leaving substantial "issues" as ocassionally reboots, data drops, 3D mulfunction etc. on ics, jelly bean or KitKat roms, it is not for serious daily using. I am an ordinary user, not the experimenter, and I wish KitKat for evo 3d robust stable version for daily use when it is regarding HTC corp. about his phone for almost 800 usd bother with support. It is evident johnyslt, agrabren .. they are not enough, apparently lack the know-how, pieces of code, drivers etc. under opensource license so that their roms would be at least as stable and functional as factory htc ics rom, I do not see why not go with a request to provide the necessary information, knowledge and code directly to the htc corp. and his developers that implemented ics factory rom for evo 3d, that if htc could wash his hands of its customers and provides zero support for their recent flagship could at least free local developers to provide assistance in this respect I think that the local developers should contact the htc corp. for this purpose. Sorry for my bad english. Martin

Kippui

Jan 1, 2011
You realize ~$150 would get you a galaxy S3/Optimus G/Nexus 4 that have stable 100% lag free officially supported kit kat right? Its going to be 3 years old soon with an abandoned SoC for god sakes. That is what I did because even if you iron out the bugs the phone runs awfully slow due to its age compared to newer late 2012< phones

Last edited:

tom0769

Dec 15, 2010
I am watching for a long-term (years) development of custom roms for evo 3d (I cannot write topic under development subsection) and I am disappointed, mostly in the stage of development ends while leaving substantial "issues" as ocassionally reboots, data drops, 3D mulfunction etc. on ics, jelly bean or KitKat roms, it is not for serious daily using. I am an ordinary user, not the experimenter, and I wish KitKat for evo 3d robust stable version for daily use when it is regarding HTC corp. about his phone for almost 800 usd bother with support. It is evident johnyslt, agrabren .. they are not enough, apparently lack the know-how, pieces of code, drivers etc. under opensource license so that their roms would be at least as stable and functional as factory htc ics rom, I do not see why not go with a request to provide the necessary information, knowledge and code directly to the htc corp. and his developers that implemented ics factory rom for evo 3d, that if htc could wash his hands of its customers and provides zero support for their recent flagship could at least free local developers to provide assistance in this respect I think that the local developers should contact the htc corp. for this purpose. Sorry for my bad english. Martin

Don't understand what you're complaining about.
I'm running one of johnnyslt CM4.3 roms for month so far with almost no issues.
Did you ever try another than stock rom seriously?
Even stock rom is far away from beeing 100% stable and having no issues.
Anyways, beeing a software developer myself, I know that there is no software in this world, that is completely bugfree!

Reactions: rafaelluik

T2000T2000

Jun 20, 2012
I agree with Tom, the OP should give a custom ROM a try. I am running Liquid Smooth 3.0 since 2 weeks (was on ICS non-Sense before that had 3d camera working), and I don't regret it. It just runs smooth.

somekid15

Apr 6, 2013
Anyways, beeing a software developer myself, I know that there is no software in this world, that is completely bugfree!

OP just seems like he's *****ing more than asking for help..demanding a stable kitkat ROM? Make it yourself out of your own time and resources and let others judge you on it

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.