[Q] Wheres my space going?

Search This thread

ashhem

Nov 21, 2012
Hello guys,
This might seem like an idiot question but I totally confused here :confused:
My internal note 2 memory says 3.19GB free of 10.4GB. I am trying to clean my space so I plugged the note 2 to my pc on WIndows 8.1.
I selected all the files and folders in the memory and checked their size which summed up to only 3.24GB! I am really trying to find out whats taking so much space. Should I connect my Note II to Linux and check or how do I find out the total contents of thiis internal memory??
Please help me!
Thanks

Last edited:

ashhem

Nov 21, 2012
verny94;53779743 said:
It should be caused by using warez??
Hello,
Thanks about your quick reply! :highfive:
Well it may be but not in my case as almost all apps I use are either free or purchased properly.

A lot of apps do a mess. I recomend wipe internal storage ;)
As about this,
:( This is exactly what I would be keeping as my last option. Essentially wiping internal memory is almost equal to factory reset, something I don't want to do unless I don't have any other choice..
Any way of of checking whats taking the memory without formatting would be great :)

Thanks

Reactions: verny94

Androidwizzard

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2013
Hello guys,
My internal note 2 memory says 3.19GB free of 10.4GB. I am trying to clean my space so I plugged the note 2 to my pc on WIndows 8.1.
I selected all the files and folders in the memory and checked their size which summed up to only 3.24GB! I am really trying to find out whats taking so much space. Should I connect my Note II to Linux and check or how do I find out the total contents of thiis internal memory??
Please help me!
Thanks

In Titanium Backup app you find the exact memory stats devided in system and internal. To optimize internal mem push as many apps to ext sd as you can.

Besides: From Windows/PC you normally can't see hidden or system files.

For further information (eg more space in system) feel free to ask.

ashhem

Nov 21, 2012
In Titanium Backup app you find the exact memory stats devided in system and internal. To optimize internal mem push as many apps to ext sd as you can.

Besides: From Windows/PC you normally can't see hidden or system files.

For further information (eg more space in system) feel free to ask.

Hello,
Thanks for your insight. I am aware of the Windows dilemma hence was trying to get through using Linux but I could not :crying:
However I am already using the Titanium Backup app.. I have pushed almost all possible apps to external memory however I came across a problem where the majority data and memory are still being taken up on the internal memory by that app. Clearing Google Camera, Chaton and Camera Awesome's data, I almost got a GB in internal memory!
Speaking of this I have run into a very weird problem. :silly:
after rooting, I force transferred many apps to external memory. Since this Every time I restart my Note II its forgets my default launcher :confused:
Any idea what screwed this up?
Regards

Androidwizzard

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2013
Hello,
Thanks for your insight. I am aware of the Windows dilemma hence was trying to get through using Linux but I could not :crying:
However I am already using the Titanium Backup app.. I have pushed almost all possible apps to external memory however I came across a problem where the majority data and memory are still being taken up on the internal memory by that app. Clearing Google Camera, Chaton and Camera Awesome's data, I almost got a GB in internal memory!
Speaking of this I have run into a very weird problem. :silly:
after rooting, I force transferred many apps to external memory. Since this Every time I restart my Note II its forgets my default launcher :confused:
Any idea what screwed this up?
Regards
You can't move or force all apps to ext sd, especially system or system related apps, so I recommend to reinstall your rom and try to move step by step, so you can revert back by only changing one app back to int. I remember an app which forces apps to ext and also with that app it is recommended to change quite a descent amount of apps.

ashhem

Nov 21, 2012
You can't move or force all apps to ext sd, especially system or system related apps, so I recommend to reinstall your rom and try to move step by step, so you can revert back by only changing one app back to int. I remember an app which forces apps to ext and also with that app it is recommended to change quite a descent amount of apps.
I havent moved a single system app.. Thats why the problem is so weird! :)

Vyacheslav V.

Nov 6, 2013
Hello guys,
Please help me!
Thanks
Your problem can be related to apps that uses root access - this type of apps leaves a lot of trash even after uninstalling, so I recommend you to use only those apps, that are really needed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    verny94;53779743 said:
    It should be caused by using warez??
    Hello,
    Thanks about your quick reply! :highfive:
    Well it may be but not in my case as almost all apps I use are either free or purchased properly.

A lot of apps do a mess. I recomend wipe internal storage ;)
    As about this,
    :( This is exactly what I would be keeping as my last option. Essentially wiping internal memory is almost equal to factory reset, something I don't want to do unless I don't have any other choice..
    Any way of of checking whats taking the memory without formatting would be great :)

Thanks