[Q] Problem with Menu Button together with Edge/GPRS

Search This thread

Danigu

Dec 25, 2011
I bought the Samsung Galaxy Gio (S5660) in May 2011. Since the beginning I have problems with the menu button, when I browse in the web or use google maps while receiving Data with Edge or GPRS. The google search window with the qwerty keyboard or the google search window with the search history start popping up as if by magic - as if I would press the menu button. If I push the back button the window pops up again.

The Customer Contact Center of Samsung Germany wrote me this:

“(…) A display exchange will not eliminate this phenomenon. The puzzle at the moment is that probably not all Gios are affected by this phenomenon. It seems, however, merely a software defect. Until this phenomenon is fixed due an update, please test yet if a complete reset is already bringing relief (...)”
(my translation in English)

My Gio has the official rom android 2.3.5 (S5660XXKS5-SER). I tried several older official roms before, but the problem still exists.

It reminds me of the Galaxy Nexus volume bug.

Has anyone the same issue or any ideas?

Last edited:

Wmbruckner

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Poco F1
I don't think it's a software problem. My Gio does not have this error, although I tried about a dozen different ROMs. Also I heard of many users having this problem not only on stock ROM, so this seems to point to a hardware failure.
What ROMs are you using?

Danigu

Dec 25, 2011
If you live in a big city or a place with a fast data connection, the problem does not occur. Therefore, it usually does not occur to me. It happens to me especially in areas with slow data connection (Edge/GPRS) or in a moving train (not wlan).

As I wrote before I only use official ROMs. But I think it has nothing to do with the ROMs.

From my point of view it is a software problem. Something like the Galaxy Nexus volume bug. I read, that the volume bug only occured, if the phone operated on 2G mode (GSM) in the frequency range of 900 megahertz. So the Gio bug could additional depend on the provider the user has choosen...

Maybe a devolper in this forum can fix the Gio bug...

Last edited:

Räph96

Oct 24, 2011
I have the problem, too.
But i think it is just on stock roms and custom roms based on stock roms, because on cyanogen there wasn't the problem...

czkwg8

Nov 12, 2011
It's a bug,you should update you gio,the bug in china is called"弹窗门"

musman75

Nov 22, 2011
same problem with me and it only happens when gprs mode is active and not on wifi and it is fault in asian models

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah same bug :(

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapxhatalk