Incredible S - Case Mate Cases

Search This thread

chobie

Mar 16, 2010
Contacted CaseMate (USA) a few days ago via Twitter and they said ETA for IS cases will be mid-April. Although Barely There cases are already being sold on eBay.

oyumurtaci

Feb 16, 2008
This is pretty good news. I was going back and forth between a hard or silicone/rubber case and a full-body invisible shield (though they still haven't offered a hint as to whether or not one will be offered), but since the IS is actually quite reasonable in size I could go with a case-mate...

shiftyllama

Jul 6, 2010
Here in the UK i recently brought the Casemate barely there from my local carphone warehouse and it seems to be, so far as i haven't actually dropped the phone yet, a good case. As the name suggests adds very little exta bulk to the phone.
Also it comes with a screen protector

iphonecases11

Mar 28, 2011
The screen protector is already available and the rest of the cases are expected to be available for purchase in Europe in the middle/end April

rexlesaunder

Mar 28, 2011
I've had quite good experience with the Case-mate barely there cases, they provide the adequate protection with a range of colour choices also.

But at the same time I am deciding between several other cases as well, I definately won't be investing on more than one case though, for I don't see myself keeping the phone too much longer, around 6 months perhaps when the summer holiday comes and we may see a few more surprises.

PDair HTC Incredible S Leather Case

]HTC Hard Shell

They all have their own selling points, I have never really had to complain about both Case-Mate and PDair but they serve different purposes for me in someways, the Case Mate is alot more casual, and the PDair is mainly for work.

The Hard Shell shown by Mobilefun seems a reasonable choice but price is TBC, if it had other colours coming soon it would be great as well.

SuperTraxer

Mar 30, 2011
Thank you for the links. I'm just wondering : what is the difference between the "barely there" and the "safe skin" models?

chobie

Mar 16, 2010
Thank you for the links. I'm just wondering : what is the difference between the "barely there" and the "safe skin" models?

Safe Skins are soft silicone and they cover all the back and outer edge on the front part of the phone.

Barely There covers are hard, with rubbery finish, that covers the back and the sides but not the upper and lower edge of the phone.

Correct me if I am wrong :D

Last edited:

vido.ardes

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 22, 2008
UK
I just bought a barely there case from this guy:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CASE-MATE-BAR..._MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item1e6249dccc

Ignore the picture as that is of the tough case, the barely there case doesn't cover the top or bottom edge of the phone. It is light, tough and worth having, and this eBay seller was very quick to dispatch too, would highly recommend. I will take some photos when I get home tonight.

LeanNSupreme

Mar 28, 2011
Vancouver
I just bought a barely there case from this guy:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CASE-MATE-BAR..._MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item1e6249dccc

Ignore the picture as that is of the tough case, the barely there case doesn't cover the top or bottom edge of the phone. It is light, tough and worth having, and this eBay seller was very quick to dispatch too, would highly recommend. I will take some photos when I get home tonight.
Really want a case for my phone, but I'll wait for your pictures first. I wanna see how much of the top and bottom isn't covered haha

bippo

Dec 29, 2009
Doesn't look too bad????

Thanks! Doesn't look too bad, so I'll probably pick one up, don't want the back of my phone getting all scratched up

Doesn't look too bad???? I am very happy with it, my phone looks incredible good, and feel much better as any silicone of hard plastic cases. Really beautiful!!! :):):)

nikant

Jul 9, 2009
Doesn't look too bad???? I am very happy with it, my phone looks incredible good, and feel much better as any silicone of hard plastic cases. Really beautiful!!! :):):)

Got one too.. It's nice and indeed looks good.. just wondering how protective it really is (i.e. in case of a fall.. which I really don't want to test..)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA App

Blodia

May 28, 2010
It should protect the phone from minor falls, using it too atm XD

If you want something "safer", Case-Mate Safe Skin should be a good bet. It's cheaper and from the pictures, looks almost similar too

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

nikant

Jul 9, 2009
It should protect the phone from minor falls, using it too atm XD

If you want something "safer", Case-Mate Safe Skin should be a good bet. It's cheaper and from the pictures, looks almost similar too

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

that's silicon right? hmm.. I'll stick to the "barely there" for now.. don't like the feel of silicon..

thanks for the info though..

Cookie Ninja

Jan 21, 2010
Needed case and screen protector in India

Hi, I'm from India. Just got my I-S and found that HTC ships without a pouch or screen protection. I realise that casemate and expansys are EU/UK based and have no delivery in India. I have used PDAir for my earlier phone. Can anyone guide me in finding a retailer in India? I am interested in the gel/TPE/silicone cases. Tks.
Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

vido.ardes

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 22, 2008
UK
Hi, I'm from India. Just got my I-S and found that HTC ships without a pouch or screen protection. I realise that casemate and expansys are EU/UK based and have no delivery in India. I have used PDAir for my earlier phone. Can anyone guide me in finding a retailer in India? I am interested in the gel/TPE/silicone cases. Tks.
Sent from my HTC Incredible using XDA app.

I used eBay, the prices were good and the product was retail packaging so if they ship to India I would recommend them, link is a few posts up.

Reactions: Cookie Ninja

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sent from my HTC Incredible using XDA app.

I used eBay, the prices were good and the product was retail packaging so if they ship to India I would recommend them, link is a few posts up.
    I am also waiting for the same in India :)

Let's hope flipkart.com get them soon for us :):)