Search This thread

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
a6f865f6-a41c-4b58.jpg

Here's my 2 kitteh cats. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I love the chunky one!

I want a pet dog or cat but my house is kinda small and my family is allergic to dogs and cats :(

But one day the dream will come true!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

1stx2

Jun 21, 2011
I love the chunky one!

I want a pet dog or cat but my house is kinda small and my family is allergic to dogs and cats :(

But one day the dream will come true!

Thanks! I love em' more than some of my family members :)

Holy ****, i got to get one

Last edited:

trafalger888

Aug 18, 2010
Is that a fancy new hat-like phone case lol

No really what is fedora?

Linux...a flavor of...I was talking to Moon about linux a while back and he had suggested it because we were talking about when Red Hat was free which was a long time ago...or maybe it just seems that way lol...but anyways there is also a beta out 17...and as much as I like betas I just figured I would go with the stable one for now...but liking what I see.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
Linux...a flavor of...I was talking to Moon about linux a while back and he had suggested it because we were talking about when Red Hat was free which was a long time ago...or maybe it just seems that way lol...but anyways there is also a beta out 17...and as much as I like betas I just figured I would go with the stable one for now...but liking what I see.

Ah I've been slowly installing Mint 12 but I keep running into roadblocks. It takes WAY too long to reformat a 1 tb hard drive.

paxChristos

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 27, 2011
West Bend
Just wanted to stop in and say Hi as your new mod.
Also:
Real men us Arch Linux (well, real, real men use gentoo, but I don't have the chest hair for that one :p)
Unless you're building android, then you can use ubuntu :p

Pax

Last edited:

trafalger888

Aug 18, 2010
Also:
Real men us Arch Linux (well, real, real men use gentoo, but I don't have the chest hair for that one :p)

Pax

I really would prefer Debian...only thing that I run into is that I have a Toshiba laptop that has a Realtek wireless card and u have tried everything to build drivers from source and also using wrappers and just plain couldn't get it to work no matter what I did so used mint and pinguy and ubuntu.

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro
I really would prefer Debian...only thing that I run into is that I have a Toshiba laptop that has a Realtek wireless card and u have tried everything to build drivers from source and also using wrappers and just plain couldn't get it to work no matter what I did so used mint and pinguy and ubuntu.

im about to install linux mint LXDE 12 on my little aspire one, i cant stand gnome 3 or unity or any of that crap, im also dual booting win xp

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA

benrees21

May 31, 2010
Grays
Hello, I converted to Ubuntu from Windows a few months back and can't be happier. Chrome browser absolutely flies on it. I don't think I could use anything else as you have to be quite advanced for other distro's.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus, running Slim ICS and the ever so mighty Trinity kernel.

trafalger888

Aug 18, 2010
So zto I tried quoting you and xda app was freaking out but LXDE is what I use on the Fedora install I just did

I despise Windows and Microsoft in general so I don't use windows at all...

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I use Xubuntu. Its simple and I thought my computer could handle it better since I have a pretty old PC. For some reason though every distro I put on my computer lags over time. Its fast when I first boot but after about 30 minutes or so, it starts to lag. The weird thing is, is that I dual boot that and windows on two seperate hard drives and Windows is faster. So I know its not a problem with my computer. I would use it more if I didnt have that problem.

trafalger888

Aug 18, 2010
I use Xubuntu. Its simple and I thought my computer could handle it better since I have a pretty old PC. For some reason though every distro I put on my computer lags over time. Its fast when I first boot but after about 30 minutes or so, it starts to lag. The weird thing is, is that I dual boot that and windows on two seperate hard drives and Windows is faster. So I know its not a problem with my computer. I would use it more if I didnt have that problem.

That is weird my computer is fairly mew and for example with ein7 I think it used almost half my ram idle and with any flavor of linux I used maybe 500 mb and even that is probably a generous amount

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
That is weird my computer is fairly mew and for example with ein7 I think it used almost half my ram idle and with any flavor of linux I used maybe 500 mb and even that is probably a generous amount

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

I know, I figured windows would use more RAM. Thats why I wanted to try out Linux. Maybe its how I have it set up? Maybe I'm not giving linux enough resources to run smooth? Im not a computer genius though. I know basic stuff and am just good with following directions so I wouldn't know how to look at the statistics and modify stuff to fix the problem, whatever it may be.

skwoodwiva

Apr 24, 2011
Also:

Pax

Btw where is the "report button" located?
Need to know how to use it for thelowend & others like him!
Edit I see it now.
Welcome to our dying forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK more in depth reply;

I personally believe that the United States should let Unicorn's on the front lines of battle. They have a natural bayonet attached to their heads. Plus unicorns are not only cheaper to operate, but they are easier to apply extra armor to than Humvee's. As well as being able to carry more soldiers in and out of the battlefield faster, obviously.

To answer your earlier question, I think that all unicorns should indeed pool their knowledge into one collective "hive mind" as it would make all combat unicorns more informed as to what's happening during battle. If one unicorn happens to spot an enemy sniper - now all unicorns know where he is and can act accordingly.

Of course that's where the whole stem cell debate comes into play. What few people seem to realize is that if a unicorn is wounded in combat and he looses his horn, the only way to get it back is with magic unicorn stem cells. The only place you can get these magic stem cells is at the home of all unicorns, Unicornacopia. Oddly enough, the magic stem cells don't even come from the unicorns themselves, they come from kittens. In order to extract enough stem cells to repair just one horn, 4 kitties must die. This is where "ethics" come into play because nobody wants the blood of dead kittens on their hands. However in Unicornacopia kittens are the equal to our spiders, so the unicorns don't really care. Why should we?

Anyways I have a solution. We should let unicorns serve on the front lines and if they lose their horn during battle we can simply retire them to a veterans ranch where they will serve out the rest of their days of service as horses in non-combat situations while they await their stem cells from the kittens.

So that's my $0.02 on the situation. Guys I set up a donation fund to help the unicorns, if you're interested. If you have any kittens you would like to donate to be merciless slaughtered to save a unicorns horn, please visit www.kittensforunicornhorns.org and navigate to the donate page. :)

Thanks in advance...
    Re: [Off-Topic]Everyone welcome

Actually this thread has helped many people on this device in the past. Although it is primarily off topic we have had many questions posted in here from this device and many other devices. All questions were always answered and people helped. After all this thread/devices forums personified what XDA should be. A thread where new users and experienced users can come together with questions about devices. Most of XDAs forums/threads I have been in have been full of rude know it alls that persecute "noobs". No persecution was ever tolerated in this forum or thread...not by moderators but by us users. Noobs should be helped and that is the only way the custom rom scene will grow into more then it is today. I know this will not save my thread but I hope all moderators see this and put a firm leg down on rude people that persecute noobs. After all...in every noob is the future of XDA development.

Good day to all my XDA friends and long live the DX2 and noobs!

sent from my SGS3
    I'm gonna start paying tonight. Might not be on tonight. So of the thread is closed by tomorrow I just wanna say that it was good while it lasted. No where else could I go and talk about technology and other crap like I could here. I hate that the mods are doing this but oh well. I'll see everyone around here maybe. Always good talking to you guys.
    Happy Thanksgiving to my first Android family! You guys took me in and welcomed this girl with open arms. You continue to do so, everyday. So thankful for you guys, as you are a fantastic group of gentlemen. I hope today you are surrounded by family and friends, and you are filled with happiness and love! Hugs! Xoxo :D
    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2