[Q] 2 Primary partitions for link2SD card? MiniTool not working!

Search This thread
Sep 11, 2012
MiniTool partition wizard is not working on that, every time I try to make 2 partitions setting them primary, MiniTool automatically changes the 2nd one to logical, after applying the changes. Plus, now every time I connect my SD card it shows the same old partitions, but in my phone it is only one partition (I erased the card through my Wildfire S utility after not working 2 primary partition thing).

I connected it with phone, and memory card reader, same result. Plus when I connect it to computer by card reader/phone and try to format it, it says it is write protected.............

I want to make to partitions on one SD card for link2SD app of android. What to do?????

sukhjit321

Feb 2, 2012
New Delhi
MiniTool partition wizard is not working on that, every time I try to make 2 partitions setting them primary, MiniTool automatically changes the 2nd one to logical, after applying the changes. Plus, now every time I connect my SD card it shows the same old partitions, but in my phone it is only one partition (I erased the card through my Wildfire S utility after not working 2 primary partition thing).

I connected it with phone, and memory card reader, same result. Plus when I connect it to computer by card reader/phone and try to format it, it says it is write protected.............

I want to make to partitions on one SD card for link2SD app of android. What to do?????

Are you using memory card adapter? if yes make sure it's not locked(write protected). (The sliding button on it.)

Sep 11, 2012
New Problem

Are you using memory card adapter? if yes make sure it's not locked(write protected). (The sliding button on it.)

I broked the lock slide but result was same.................Anyway I found another way to do it,,,,,,,Clockworkmod.

But now new problem is, one app google map, it is converted to user app and then linked to SD card, but the phone is still showing that it is taking up 22 mb space in the internal memory...........:((((((

lxsmusic

Jun 11, 2012
Internal memory - linked apps: Google Currents, Google Maps

I find (using the wonderful little app DiskUsage) that some linked apps still use the internal memory for data that they cache.

Google Currents was the worst offender (a varying difference of approximately 50 megs in the internal storage when I install/uninstall), so I have uninstalled it, but have it backed up. This is on the off-chance that its data storage, is in the future, given the option to choose the SD card instead.

Maybe I shouldn't be linking all the files (exclude the cache linking option for these apps in Link2sd?) of these apps. Any further advice on that would be great!:D I tried hard to find the answer elsewhere. I'll experiment in the meantime, as I do like Currents!

I would tolerate the Maps usage as for me it can be crucial information needed in low data coverage areas ...

:cowboy:
SE Arc S
Rooted, Locked Bootloader
Xperia Ultimate HD2 with Link2sd (ext2)

udhaya92

Apr 26, 2013
I have the same problem and solved !!!!!!

Like you,I was so irritated in that situation,

I am replying this post for everyone because i know you are reading this post with huge headache.so the solution is simple as i tried and worked for me

The problem we facing is,we lost the fat32 supporting file,we need to fix into it,so for this i was tried putting the memory card in other mobiles and tried it,in the last attempt putting in nokia mp3 phone and i did format.

Finally it fixed me the problem much more than tried formatting in android mobiles

So i recommend you to format with any java keypad mobiles which has the compatibility to run memory cards. if you have,Because it is working on basic platform.it will insert the basic necessity of sd card such as fat32etc...,in your card.If its not working try formatting with many mobiles as you can.Definitely it will work.:good:

Last edited:

leafwarbler

Dec 8, 2015
can anybody solve this problem? does minitool partition wizard be helpful? I met the same problem now, and i dont know how to do because now there is not much person using Android.