Lumia 920 does support WIND mobile

Search This thread

EG8196

May 15, 2012
2mwgqx5.png

and it is factory unlocked ( I have a Rogers Lumia 920)

Last edited:
Reactions: geoken

xsever

Mar 11, 2012
Beirut
I got the phone from Rogers too. Are you saying it is unlocked and you can use it with other sims right out of the box?!!!!!!!!!!!!

jattsober

Feb 28, 2012
Could you please confirm?

Could you please confirm that this definately works with Wind?
I have been waiting for this since ages :)

hkalltheway

Jun 28, 2008
I picked one up yesterday and posted on howardforums with pictures. I can confirm that the phone comes factory unlocked out of the box, which is quite surprising. However, I still have to try using it with Wind...When I go to manual network selection, Wind shows up though.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Although that picture could be shopped easily.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ia-920-seems-to-have-Pentaband-HSPA-with-pics

You claim its unlocked out of box but he purchased an unlock code, is there a reason for that?

I am the guy who posted that...I requested an unlock code thinking that the phone would be locked, and I wanted to use it on fido..AFTER requesting the code, I thought...hey..let's give it a try..and it worked...then I tried with Bell, and it worked too...That's the story behind requesting the code..Never received it yet anyways..

mapleleafs89

Feb 12, 2011
Toronto
Thanks.

Hopefully you are able to find someone with a Wind sim to test. If so I may need to start calling rogers stores

geoken

Jun 6, 2009
GTA
I picked one up yesterday and posted on howardforums with pictures. I can confirm that the phone comes factory unlocked out of the box, which is quite surprising. However, I still have to try using it with Wind...When I go to manual network selection, Wind shows up though.

This is awesome. How much did the phone come to taxes in. Also, did you need active rogers accounts to buy one?

jattsober

Feb 28, 2012
Not, you don't need an Rogers account to buy the phone.
I bought it outright@$677.99 after tax($599.99+13% ON. hst)

Don't get me wrong, but could you please post a picture of the full frontal of the phone with Wind Home showing in the Call Tile?
Some people doubt and say that they have confirmed with Nokia that it is not compatible with Wind.
I am going to spend $675 only if it is compatible with Wind as I don't support Robellus.
Thanks in advance!

psalmu

Jan 21, 2011
Lumia 920 does support WIND mobile?

Just being unlocked is not quite enough: does it also have AWS 1700 enabled? If both, Rogers can expect a flood of orders from T-Mo customers.

geoken

Jun 6, 2009
GTA
I have the 920 as well. I will try and get my hands on a non-Rogers sim card tonight and test that for you guys.

Before you get a non-rogers card, can you try doing a manual network selection and verify that you also see Wind mobile listed. IIRC, the Lumia 900 wouldn't even detect Wind.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

In the thread on HoFo http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ia-920-seems-to-have-Pentaband-HSPA-with-pics

People are saying conflicting things, only time will tell I suppose.

On the other hand, EG8196 and hkalltheway are the only people in any of these threads who have actually used the phone and they both confirm that it was unlocked out of the box and that they are either using it on Wind or have had Wind show up on a network scan.

All the conflicting evidence is based on Nokia specs and claims which have historically been off base. For example, in the HoFo thread, there is a guy who said Nokia told him the N8 wouldn't work on Wind (we all know it does).

Top Liked Posts