[ROM] [4.3] [MJ9] [12/11/2013] GORGOID v3.3 End of life

Search This thread

Gorgtech

Sep 3, 2012
Nuremberg
gorgoid-logowruis.png

You can get my black wallpaper here: Download

Introduction:

Some of you may already know my JB 4.1.2 based Samsung Galaxy S3 ROMs, if not, have a look here :eek:

Having been inspired by some great developers like Wanam and some other guys I cannot remember, I´ve decided to create my own ROM for this device.

I´ve created this ROM for myself, I want to share it with you though. This ROM is meant to be used as a daily driver for people who actually use their phone a lot and are in need of a stable, simple and reliable system. It is highly debloated and optimized to bring you the best compromise between high performance and a good battery life ;)

These versions are to be considered as initial releases since some Mods which were possible in JB 4.1.2, cannot be built by now. I need to figure out first, what Samsung changed in the newer Framework.

Feel free to help me out with some input if you´re able and I´ll see what I can do :angel:

What to expect from this ROM:

- smooth Android performance and perfect balance between power and high battery lifetime.
- bloatfree, adfree and lightweight
- highly customizable
- useful built in Mods

What not to expect from this ROM:

- lots of useless mods or placebo tweaks
- lots of bugs
- exaggerated "fancy" themes.

How to install:

- create a NANDROID Backup of your old ROM, just in case you want to switch back.
- wipe your phone by using Philz´s Touch Recovery "clean before install new rom"
- install this ROM and have a good time!

You use this ROM at your own risk, in case you brick your phone by not being careful, I won´t take any responsibility.

Feel free to use this banner in your signature if you like this ROM ;)

gorgoid-logo5fs7f.gif

Downloads & Changelog ( Jelly Bean 4.3 ):

Code:
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][B][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][B]Gorgoid v3.3[/B]

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]- EMJ9(VDI)
- BTU ( feel free to add different CSC codes with some Playstore Apps to change it )
- Rooted + Busybox
- Deodexed
- Zipaligned
- no Bootsound
- 3 Way Reboot
- Long Press Menu Kill App
- Custom Bootanimation Support
- Adfree with Adaway
- Alternate Weather Widget in Sense Clock Style
- Simple Torch Light App
- ColorNote
- ES-File Explorer
- ES Task Manager
- Terminal Emulator
- No increasing Ringtone
- included ‘Droid Naskh' Arabic Font
[SIZE=3]- included some Galaxy S4 and "fruitphone" sounds 
- included latest MJ3 Modem
- included Flash support
[/SIZE]- Yank555 Kernel 4.0+ & Boeffla Soundengine ( thx. Yank555 & Lord-Boeffla )[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][B][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][URL="http://d-h.st/YBQ"]Download Gorgoid v[SIZE=3]3.3[/SIZE][/URL]

[B]Note:[/B] Yank555´s Kernel is [U]preinstalled[/U] and [U]preconfigured with my favorite settings.[/U]
These settings are a suggestion, feel free to install this Kernel the way you like,
if you don´t like my configuration and download it from [URL="http://yank555-lu.net/viewtopic.php?p=3#p3"]Yank555´s Forum[/URL]

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][B][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][B]Gorgoid v3.2[/B]

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]- EMJ9(VDI)
- DBT ( feel free to add different CSC codes with some Playstore Apps to change it )
- Rooted + Busybox
- Deodexed
- Zipaligned
- no Bootsound
- Adfree with Adaway
- Simple Torch Light App
- ColorNote
- ES-File Explorer
- ES Task Manager
- Terminal Emulator
- No increasing Ringtone
- included Flash support
[/SIZE]- Stock Kernel with init.d support[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][B][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][URL="http://d-h.st/zA1"]Download Gorgoid v[SIZE=3]3.2[/SIZE][/URL]

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Tweaks:

build.prop & init.d Tweaks for:

- better battery life
- improved performance
- more stable Internet connection
- better photoquality
- Smooth Scrolling
- improved Dalvik Cache handling
- GPU Rendering
- more free RAM
- SQLITE
- Zipalign

Credits:

Yank555 ( I want to thank him for the awesome Kernel )
AndiP ( I use his Boeffla Soundengine and his Kernel )
hellsgod ( He gave me some useful hints and links)
Kai ( He made my old Gorgoid picture )

All the friendly developers out there who inspired me and all the nice people out there who like my work and keep me motivated to create further updates
;)

Last edited:

mr.crypto13

Mar 1, 2013
@GorG

1. Did you change the statusbar icons like in your 4.1 roms or are they stock?

2. Have you fixed the light unlock effect in this version?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 4

Gorgtech

Sep 3, 2012
Nuremberg
This initial release is 100% Stock like, not themed yet. I´ll have to port my Leak JB 4.2.2 Theme first..

The fix will be presented in another thread, have to create some packages first :D

@GorG

1. Did you change the statusbar icons like in your 4.1 roms or are they stock?

2. Have you fixed the light unlock effect in this version?

mr.crypto13

Mar 1, 2013
I like the stock theme so i will move on to your version, coming from a stock deodexed 4.3 :)

Gorgtech

Sep 3, 2012
Nuremberg

gopzzz

May 23, 2008
Hi
Is there any one using this ROM?
Tell us whether is there is a efs issue?
Is the modem included able to convert v1 to v2 efs? Worried about losing my IMEI and S/n

Sent from my Poseidon using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Deplov

Gorgtech

Sep 3, 2012
Nuremberg
The included Modem is for EFS v2 and will be flashed with this ROM ;) It´s just to make sure, no user who used an older Base ( older than at least MG4 ), loses his IMEI. Flashing a newer Firmware without updating your Modem is a bad idea since some users actually still use obsolete Modems..

Even if you should lose your IMEI, you can recover it by flashing at least a newer Modem ( MG4+ ) ;) It´s not a bad idea to create a EFS Backup first ;)

Hi
Is there any one using this ROM?
Tell us whether is there is a efs issue?
Is the modem included able to convert v1 to v2 efs? Worried about losing my IMEI and S/n

gopzzz

May 23, 2008
The included Modem is for EFS v2 and will be flashed with this ROM ;) It´s just to make sure, no user who used an older Base ( older than at least MG4 ), loses his IMEI. Flashing a newer Firmware without updating your Modem is a bad idea since some users actually still use obsolete Modems..

Even if you should lose your IMEI, you can recover it by flashing at least a newer Modem ( MG4+ ) ;) It´s not a bad idea to create a EFS Backup first ;)

Clear and quick reply. Downloading or ROM to try...
Is it possible to get the tweaks, mods and apps as in PAC man ROM like pie, halo, settings mod etc?

gopzzz

May 23, 2008
Hi Gorgtech
I know this app before and had hands on it when I downgraded to 4.2.2 rom.. not as fluent/smooth as experienced in Pacman inbuilt rom. had few FC's and was disappointed. thats why I think building it in would be a great help.
apps like multiview/halo/pie/side bar/ gesture control all work really great if cooked inside the rom. as in AROMA installer.
Looking for ur help so that we can have a great ROM. stable fast and clean means minimal and necessary useful apps built in makes the ROM as daily user one....
If you really want Pie, there is a way to use it without having to install a AOSP based ROM : Have a look at this nice app ;)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1330150

cub3r

Mar 12, 2011
Cyberjaya
Finally... I've been waiting for such a lightweight ROM like this... Normal stock is so full of bloatware. This is what i need.... thank you!

mr.crypto13

Mar 1, 2013
Does anyone have a flashable my-files.zip for 4.3? Would be great :)

King-Chris111

Feb 23, 2011
First impression : It's working fast and even without special mods I'm sure it's better, faster and more battery-saving than the original one.
Waiting for the Boeffla kernel and you're mods on TouchWiz :)

Only one thing wich is missing in my opinion : LiveWallpapers ;) (I'm sure you'll upload it in some seconds :D)

I can create one, just give me a second and check the 2nd post :D

Edit: http://d-h.st/toA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    gorgoid-logowruis.png

You can get my black wallpaper here: Download

Introduction:

Some of you may already know my JB 4.1.2 based Samsung Galaxy S3 ROMs, if not, have a look here :eek:

Having been inspired by some great developers like Wanam and some other guys I cannot remember, I´ve decided to create my own ROM for this device.

I´ve created this ROM for myself, I want to share it with you though. This ROM is meant to be used as a daily driver for people who actually use their phone a lot and are in need of a stable, simple and reliable system. It is highly debloated and optimized to bring you the best compromise between high performance and a good battery life ;)

These versions are to be considered as initial releases since some Mods which were possible in JB 4.1.2, cannot be built by now. I need to figure out first, what Samsung changed in the newer Framework.

Feel free to help me out with some input if you´re able and I´ll see what I can do :angel:

What to expect from this ROM:

- smooth Android performance and perfect balance between power and high battery lifetime.
    - bloatfree, adfree and lightweight
    - highly customizable
    - useful built in Mods

What not to expect from this ROM:

- lots of useless mods or placebo tweaks
    - lots of bugs
    - exaggerated "fancy" themes.

How to install:

- create a NANDROID Backup of your old ROM, just in case you want to switch back.
    - wipe your phone by using Philz´s Touch Recovery "clean before install new rom"
    - install this ROM and have a good time!

You use this ROM at your own risk, in case you brick your phone by not being careful, I won´t take any responsibility.

Feel free to use this banner in your signature if you like this ROM ;)

gorgoid-logo5fs7f.gif

Downloads & Changelog ( Jelly Bean 4.3 ):

Code:
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][B][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][B]Gorgoid v3.3[/B]

- BTU ( feel free to add different CSC codes with some Playstore Apps to change it )
    - Rooted + Busybox
    - Deodexed
    - Zipaligned
    - no Bootsound
    - 3 Way Reboot
    - Long Press Menu Kill App
    - Custom Bootanimation Support
    - Adfree with Adaway
    - Simple Torch Light App
    - ColorNote
    - ES-File Explorer
    - ES Task Manager
    - Terminal Emulator
    - No increasing Ringtone
    - included Flash support
    [/SIZE]- Yank555 Kernel 4.0+ & Boeffla Soundengine ( thx. Yank555 & Lord-Boeffla )[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][B][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][URL="http://d-h.st/YBQ"]Download Gorgoid v[SIZE=3]3.3[/SIZE][/URL]

[B]Note:[/B] Yank555´s Kernel is [U]preinstalled[/U] and [U]preconfigured with my favorite settings.[/U]
    These settings are a suggestion, feel free to install this Kernel the way you like,
    if you don´t like my configuration and download it from [URL="http://yank555-lu.net/viewtopic.php?p=3#p3"]Yank555´s Forum[/URL]

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][B][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][B]Gorgoid v3.2[/B]

- DBT ( feel free to add different CSC codes with some Playstore Apps to change it )
    - Rooted + Busybox
    - Deodexed
    - Zipaligned
    - no Bootsound
    - Adfree with Adaway
    - Simple Torch Light App
    - ColorNote
    - ES-File Explorer
    - ES Task Manager
    - Terminal Emulator
    - No increasing Ringtone
    - included Flash support
    [/SIZE]- Stock Kernel with init.d support[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][B][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][URL="http://d-h.st/zA1"]Download Gorgoid v[SIZE=3]3.2[/SIZE][/URL]

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Tweaks:

build.prop & init.d Tweaks for:

- better battery life
    - improved performance
    - more stable Internet connection
    - better photoquality
    - Smooth Scrolling
    - improved Dalvik Cache handling
    - GPU Rendering
    - more free RAM
    - SQLITE
    - Zipalign

Credits:

Yank555 ( I want to thank him for the awesome Kernel )
    AndiP ( I use his Boeffla Soundengine and his Kernel )
    hellsgod ( He gave me some useful hints and links)
    Kai ( He made my old Gorgoid picture )

All the friendly developers out there who inspired me and all the nice people out there who like my work and keep me motivated to create further updates
    ;)

I may release a newer version soon, maybe with some of the old known JB 4.1.2 Mods ;) The longpressmenu taskkiller Mod was quite easy and is working now, the 3 way reboot menu is semi broken. It has on my to do list the highest priority.

I´m going to skip the longpressvolumeskiptracks mod and maybe also the CRT-off since I´m having trouble with the new Smali code...
    It only has 2 lockscreen options: standard and ripple effect :( No light unlock unfortunately..

Did it have the lockscreen bug? So it cant be used as a new base?:(

Edit: v3.3 is ready and waiting to be uploaded :D