About choosing kernal

Search This thread

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I have Videocon A24, have u any idea to maybe which kernel support with this phone???

Sent from my A24 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

In (nearly) every every case the kernel is adapted to a specific version of Android. The Android version itself has to be suitable for your phone. Kernel and ro can also have some other requirements as a specific firmware/bootlader installed.

In every case you can root your mobile with this app --> ERoot even its posted under Sony's.

The more popular a phone is the higher is the chance that some people develop custom Roms/Kernels for it. In case you got some phone not that spreaded, it can be hard to get custom developments for it. Actual i cant't find any custom rom/kernel for the A24.

BUT

no need to worry as the root acces itself really brings a lot of improvements. One of my favourites is the XPosed framework which will grant you acces to about 300 different "modules" for changing/improving settings on every Android rom and also grant you a great skinability. Most features you find in custom roms are implented in "XPosed modules" too. Once you're rooted you also can install Google Play and the even better F-Droid store.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have already rooted my device

Sent from my A24 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app