Original Samsung case best quality Samsung has made to date

Search This thread

RobilarOCN

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
I've owned a slew of Samsung tablets over the years and Samsung has uniformly released overpriced, horribly built cases for their tablets.

The Tab Pro 8.4 case on the other hand is actually a premium quality case. It compares well to my Apple original Mini Retina case except it is much slimmer/lighter (a good thing). An actual leather finish, and a precise fit.

Not cheap but oh so awesome :good:

pallosgabor

Jun 21, 2010
What is the model number for this case? Where did you purchase it from?

Sent from my SM-T325 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

JorgeMPVCosta

Nov 12, 2007
Lisbon/Portugal
I bought it, and I'm returning it back! The case doesn't protect the tablet as it should: the right side of the tablet stays very exposed (looks like it doesn't cover the whole device), and it's not magnetic to keep it closed - iPad cases are magnetic as well the Poetic case I bought for my Nexus 7 2013 edition. By the way, that Poetic case is very well made, and provides a very good protection to the device. I'm returning the Samsung book case and I'll buy a Poetic for my 8.4.

RobilarOCN

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
I'd read some Amazon reviews on the Poetic case. There are claims that the magnets impact the screen negatively. I had an Asuxtek case very similar to the Poetic and found it very bulky.

Also the Apply original case for the Mini does have a slight magnetic grip to keep it closed but is minimal at best.

JorgeMPVCosta

Nov 12, 2007
Lisbon/Portugal
I read it too today, and for sure it is a real concern. However, it seems to only affect the Note 8, but of course i'm not sure. What I can say is: I have it on my Nexus 7 2013 since brand new and no issues at all. My wife also owns a Nexus 7 2013 and no issues either. But the thing is: if the case starts to cause any issues like those described on Amazon reviews, does it really damage the tablet, or only while using the case?

MYxdaUSERNAME

Jan 26, 2010
IL
Just got mine (Samsung case) today from B&H photo...got it barely used for 30 shipped. I feel it's well worth that price. Nearly no added bulk and just enough protection...solid case.

Last edited:

TheAvatar

Aug 30, 2007
Canberra
How does it go when using the cover as a kickstand in landscape? It looks similar to the note 8 case which I could not get to stand up correctly, the 2 fold in the case would never stay put and the tablet would fall flat. I want the Samsung case cause of its build quality but only of it does the job it is advertised to do.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

FitchVA

Aug 28, 2012
I just got my tab and samsung cover tonight. is the magnet on the weak side? it doesn't feel super sturdy and it seems to fall with very little contact.

al2fast

Dec 17, 2010
I understand this. But when I try to use the magnet and cover to "fold" into a stand, the magnet doesn't seem to be very strong. It doesn't take much effort to have it all fold flat and crash to the table/desktop.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I'll have to post up here in a couple days with pics. I ordered a white one. Got the poetic for cheap, seems nice but after reading amazon reviews I'm leery and would rather not risk it. I'm looking for a stand and some protection for travel, I'll post a comparison.

aeron16

Jan 16, 2006
I have a black Samsung book cover for my tab pro 8.4 and so far it works and feels great!

Sent from my SM-T325 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xdm9mm

Dec 11, 2013
I can't seem to find pictures of the samsung covers. If anyone who owns it can post some pics I would appreciate it, thanks