Search This thread

Suman117

Apr 18, 2015
Kolkata
Nothing Phone 1
moto_g5_g5_plus_leak_twitter_1486732640779.jpg

Downloads

Steps To Unlock Bootloader

1. First, enable the Developer option in your setting Go to Settings>About Phone> tap in Built Number multiple times un till the toast You are a developer now appears.
  2. Now Go to Developer option it will appear in Settings and find and enable OEM Unlock by sliding the button. A warning will appear just Confirm that.
  3. Turn Off Your smartphone.
  4. Press Volume Button and Power button simultaneously and hold it for few seconds. This will boot your device into fast boot mode.
  5. Now Open the ADB Tool Folder and Go to SDK> Platform Tools and right click pressing the Shift Key on your Keyboard and select Open Command here.
  6. Connect your device via USB cable ( good quality cable suggested for uninterrupted use).
  7. Type the command adb device you will see a serial number in the comment prompt screen if not then you missed some step.
  8. Now go to website Click here. Read the information given if you wish and click on Next button to proceed next step.
  9. The Page will ask you to sign incomplete the process by signing with you Motorolla account or Google Account.
  10. Now go the Command Prompt and type fastboot oem get_unlock_data.
  11. Now a new serial code will appear in your command prompt screen you have to copy the entire code.
  12. Now open this link and copy the code in the tool. then select the entire code and paste that code in point 6 on Moto require Unlock Tool Website.
  13. Now Click on the I Agree Button a Get Unlock Code will appear on the screen.
  14. Click on the Button.
  15. An Unlock Code will appear.
  16. Now again go to the Command Prompt screen and type fast oem unlock ************. “*****” will replace your unique key.
  17. A warning screen will appear in command just retype the same command and hit enter.

Done!!!

Last edited:

sh4d1t0

Aug 15, 2014
What are the consequences?

Enviado desde mi Moto G (5) Plus mediante Tapatalk

Dahenjo

Oct 18, 2014
CT
Does this work for all variants of the G5 Plus? Such as the model XT1687 for the U.S.A.?

I would also like to know this. Mine should be here by the 18th.

I can confirm that it definitely worked on my XT1687 (60GB/4GB) $299 US model (not the Amazon no-ads model). This is Motorola's basic unlocking procedure and the same one that I used to unlock my Moto X Pure (2015) successfully too.

The video in this post of the 'How to Root Moto G5 Plus' thread clearly shows every step of this unlocking procedure, but then if you go on to root I'd suggest instead using the latest 'SuperSu rooting method' in that same thread, rather than the Magisk method in the video which was before someone had figured out SuperSU.

There's also this video on removing the Unlocked bootloader warning you'll get on every boot after unlocking.

mchype

Mar 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I can confirm that it definitely worked on my XT1687 (60GB/4GB) $299 US model (not the Amazon no-ads model). This is Motorola's basic unlocking procedure and the same one that I used to unlock my Moto X Pure (2015) successfully too.

The video in this post of the 'How to Root Moto G5 Plus' thread clearly shows every step of this unlocking procedure, but then if you go on to root I'd suggest instead using the latest 'SuperSu rooting method' in that same thread, rather than the Magisk method in the video which was before someone had figured out SuperSU.

There's also this video on removing the Unlocked bootloader warning you'll get on every boot after unlocking.

This is good to hear, thank you for the confirmation. Much appreciated.

swub1

Jun 13, 2011
Memphis
If you have a device with Amazon offers your bootloader will not be unlockable.
For how long & If I paid to remove the Amazon offers would they then let me unlock the bootloader? I don't mind the ads just want root so I can use Titanium to backup my entire device and flash custom ROM.
Just wondering...

MacFett

Nov 7, 2011
Miskatonic
For how long & If I paid to remove the Amazon offers would they then let me unlock the bootloader? I don't mind the ads just want root so I can use Titanium to backup my entire device and flash custom ROM.
Just wondering...
I couldn't say. As soon as I got the notice that my device could not have the bootloader unlocked I returned it. I didn't care about the ads either, I too just wanted root.

abeloman

Apr 29, 2012
Veracruz
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Just wondering...
You had to pay the full price for the retail phone... Getting and Amazon prime phone is pretty well know that they're not unlockable

jbardi

Sep 27, 2007
Just wondering...
Never. Even paying to remove ads will not allow you to unlock the bootloader. The unlocking is done through Lenovo, and Amazon is not going to tell Lenovo to add your phone to some special list that can now be unlocked. It's just money in Amazon's pocket. So no way around it, you are permenantly locked. You should have returned it for the no-ads version instead of wasting money paying to remove the ads and still having an unrootable phone.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Az Biker

Sr. Mod / RC-RT Committees / Shred'r of MTBs
Staff member
* * * Thread Cleaned * * *

Apparently some clarification is needed:

The "Discussion" portion of the title of this section does NOT include childish insults, grammar policing, or arguing.

What is DOES include is discussion directly related to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Motorola Moto G5 Plus (check the thread title if you need a reminder).

Let's remember to stay on topic and follow rules when posting.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

fibercarbon

Apr 17, 2017
i would just like to be able to turn the ads off, there has to be some sort of way to do so for educational purposes of course.. it has been done on other amazon models with ads, so it can be done on the new moto g5 plus someone just needs to figure out a simple way to do so. I dont want to root or unload anything just stop the service displaying the ads.

critofur

Jan 21, 2011
NYC/Tokyo
I successfully unlocked my USA XT1687 64GB/4GB RAM Moto G5 Plus

I had to install the USB drivers from the Motorola website

As I knew beforehand, I had to restore my applications and data. I had not made a backup because apparently Android still does not come with a built-in method of doing a full phone backup? I do not understand why we need to use a 3rd party application to take such backups - it makes no sense whatsoever that android has been out for YEARS and still does not include such a basic and fundamental feature?!?

It makes me quite angry that the warranty is voided - instead it should simply say that "software support will no longer be provided". It's ridiculous in the first place that cell phone companies are not required by law to provide customers easy access to root!!!

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

I couldn't say. As soon as I got the notice that my device could not have the bootloader unlocked I returned it. I didn't care about the ads either, I too just wanted root.

It should be illegal for companies to even attempt to deny/prevent/make it difficult for customers to have root access - this is a very egregious and unacceptable situation IMO (that we tolerate companies getting away with trying to stop users from having root). It makes me SO angry to read messages on support websites like Lenovo saying "it's against the rules" to talk about root access etc!!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    moto_g5_g5_plus_leak_twitter_1486732640779.jpg

Downloads

Steps To Unlock Bootloader

1. First, enable the Developer option in your setting Go to Settings>About Phone> tap in Built Number multiple times un till the toast You are a developer now appears.
    2. Now Go to Developer option it will appear in Settings and find and enable OEM Unlock by sliding the button. A warning will appear just Confirm that.
    3. Turn Off Your smartphone.
    4. Press Volume Button and Power button simultaneously and hold it for few seconds. This will boot your device into fast boot mode.
    5. Now Open the ADB Tool Folder and Go to SDK> Platform Tools and right click pressing the Shift Key on your Keyboard and select Open Command here.
    6. Connect your device via USB cable ( good quality cable suggested for uninterrupted use).
    7. Type the command adb device you will see a serial number in the comment prompt screen if not then you missed some step.
    8. Now go to website Click here. Read the information given if you wish and click on Next button to proceed next step.
    9. The Page will ask you to sign incomplete the process by signing with you Motorolla account or Google Account.
    10. Now go the Command Prompt and type fastboot oem get_unlock_data.
    11. Now a new serial code will appear in your command prompt screen you have to copy the entire code.
    12. Now open this link and copy the code in the tool. then select the entire code and paste that code in point 6 on Moto require Unlock Tool Website.
    13. Now Click on the I Agree Button a Get Unlock Code will appear on the screen.
    14. Click on the Button.
    15. An Unlock Code will appear.
    16. Now again go to the Command Prompt screen and type fast oem unlock ************. “*****” will replace your unique key.
    17. A warning screen will appear in command just retype the same command and hit enter.

Done!!!
    * * * Thread Cleaned * * *

Apparently some clarification is needed:

The "Discussion" portion of the title of this section does NOT include childish insults, grammar policing, or arguing.

What is DOES include is discussion directly related to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Motorola Moto G5 Plus (check the thread title if you need a reminder).

Let's remember to stay on topic and follow rules when posting.

Your cooperation is appreciated.
    Does this work for all variants of the G5 Plus? Such as the model XT1687 for the U.S.A.?

I would also like to know this. Mine should be here by the 18th.

If you have a device with Amazon offers your bootloader will not be unlockable.
    But we cannot lost some functions?

Because I had Xperia z2 and some functions are lost

No, other than the phone being wiped once. There won't be any functions that are lost!