MIUI 9 Global Stable updating on OTA now

Search This thread

kolembo

Nov 2, 2012
Hey!
So finally....

I was expecting this in November but, here we are, the Global MIUI 9 stable release is OTAing now.

kolembo

Nov 2, 2012
Screenshots...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-28-11-16-37-410_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-10-28-11-16-37-410_com.android.updater.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 4,251
  • Screenshot_2017-10-28-11-31-02-180_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-10-28-11-31-02-180_com.android.updater.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 4,172

kolembo

Nov 2, 2012
It remains Nougat though:

Still... Happy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-28-12-49-45-350_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-10-28-12-49-45-350_com.android.settings.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 2,264
Reactions: ArinAbdul

Tertatabata

Jul 20, 2016
I bought Mi 6 Ceramic Edition last week and it immediately got an OTA update for MIUI 9, lucky me!
And one thing to confirm, it got long exposure 32s! (this is the one feature that held my decision back and forth whether to buy Mi6 or not)

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
Mmm in order to install the rom, I need to select it from the updater, right?

Yeah once you have the update package just select it from the top right menu of the updater app.

Took about 5 mins to flash and reboot on my phone.
All working as before no issues only improvement.

It seems to select what parts of the system to update because there's no way it flashed 1.5gb onto my phone. Must follow the same install as the OTA

G

GuestD2174

Yeah once you have the update package just select it from the top right menu of the updater app.

It seems to select what parts of the system to update because there's no way it flashed 1.5gb onto my phone. Must follow the same install as the OTA
My Miui 8 ROM ends with NCAMIEG while the Miui 9 in the link ends NCAMIEI...will it change anything?...I wouldn't like to end up in a bootloop or brick the phone...

Thanks for any answer you could give.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

DJBhardwaj

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 23, 2011
Delhi
GT-i9020
Google Nexus 4

Can I install the OTA from the latest Beta? Or should the device be on the previous stable release?

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
Can I install the OTA from the latest Beta? Or should the device be on the previous stable release?

Previous stable.

The release channels are completely separate.
If you're on beta I would honestly stay there. Global release doesn't necessarily indicate there will be no more beta updates and also there won't be a lot of difference for you in terms of stability.

If you do really want to change then clean install the stable ROM.

Reactions: DJBhardwaj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can anyone help me? I bought this phone a week ago and it hasn't got the OTA update notification by now. I'm in Indonesia and my current MIUI is Global Stable 8.5.1.0 (NCAMIEG), but my region setting only have China in it. I want to download the manual update but im afraid it will cause bootloop or even worse bricking my phone.

Unfortunately you have a Chinese phone that's been flashed with a locked bootloader to Global Firmware. (I have this as my phone is model MCT1 which is Chinese but I have the full Global Firmware and locked bootloader)

That's not bad for the phone but the system partition will have a mix of the Chinese ROM and the global ROM which is annoying for you.

I think sellers do this to avoid unlocking the bootloader but so that they can sell you a global phone which is fine.

You will need the official Xiaomi flashtool from their website.
    You will need to unlock your bootloader (you can relock it after flash so don't worry about warranty etc)

Wait the time to unlock the BL (you need to link the device to your account and then apply for unlocking).

Use the tool to unlock and then flash the official global firmware from en.miui.com

In the tool select to relock the bootloader after flash.

You will then have fully clean install of Miui global!
    All the region settings will be back then.
    And system with be more stable.

Look for guides on the miui forum they're very good with that stuff.
    I've personally not done this but know this is the official method to change the ROM from Chinese to global and vice versa.

Good luck and take it one step at a time and read the guides carefully.
    It has minimal risk if you use the official tools provided.
    Because it is STILL MIUI8!!

GLOBAL STABLE: Version: V9.0.1.0.NCAMIEI (MIUI8)
    CHINA STABLE: Version: V8.5.5.0.NCACNEG (MIUI9)

Xiamoi has a really strange version number logic.
    It's miui 9, they forgot to change that on the website.
    9.0.1.0 global stable has been released today
    http://en.miui.com/download-326.html
    Im having better battery life and picture quality with the latest update.