[ROM] [6.0.1] [MARSHMALLOW] CyanogenMod 13 for Nexus 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
E

experience7

5ZlbRXW.png

About CyanogenMod:
CyanogenMod (pronounced sigh-AN-oh-jen-mod), is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for several Android devices (See above for supported devices & how to install CyanogenMod on said devices). Based on the Android Open Source Project, CyanogenMod is designed to increase performance and reliability over Android-based ROMs released by vendors and carriers such as Google, T-Mobile, HTC, etc. CyanogenMod also offers a variety of features & enhancements that are not currently found in these versions of Android.

Disclaimer:
CyanogenMod members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

Instructions:
1. Factory reset if coming from another ROM.
2. Update recovery [Recommended -> TWRP for hammerhead]
3. Install ROM
4. Install GApps (optionally) [Recommended -> Open GApps (arm) (6.0)]

Sources & Changes:
Source | Changes | CyanogenMod
Source | Changes | Device tree
Source | Changes | Kernel tree

Download:
  • Personal builds:
    ...my Google Drive

Dependencies / local manifest:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_hammerhead" path="device/lge/hammerhead" remote="github" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead" path="kernel/lge/hammerhead" remote="github" />
      <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_lge" path="vendor/lge" remote="github" />
    </manifest>

...my other CyanogenMod threads for the Google Nexus 5:
CM-12.x AOSP | CM-12.x CAF
CM-13.x AOSP | CM-13.x CAF
CM-14.x AOSP | CM-14.x CAF

Note to users: I'm not responsible if you brick your phone. See the disclaimer above.
Note to admins/moderators: I'm not a developer / contributor of CyanogenMod and not associated with Cyanogen, Inc. in any way. If this thread is inappropriate, please move/delete it.

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [6.0.1] [MARSHMALLOW] CyanogenMod 13 for Nexus 5, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
experience7
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow

Version Information

Created 2015-11-12
Last Updated 2016-11-20

Last edited:
E

experience7

@MasterTec: Only difference I see right now is that the other build uses a custom toolchain. And I don't know if the thread starter is going to cherry pick stuff or something... this one right here will always be pure CM - be it unofficial or official (Yeah, this thread will turn into the official one as soon as nightly builds start rolling out on the CM servers).
Hope the difference is somewhat clear :)

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
@MasterTec: Only difference I see right now is that the other build uses a custom toolchain. And I don't know if the thread starter is going to cherry pick stuff or something... this one right here will always be pure CM - be it unofficial or official (Yeah, this thread will turn into the official one as soon as nightly builds start rolling out on the CM servers).
Hope the difference is somewhat clear :)
Did you ask myfluxi to post his unofficial builds on this new thread? (just to know if I have to keep a subscription to the AOSP CM12.1 thread)

EDIT: SuperSU not working?

Last edited:

oo0

Oct 24, 2007
are SU terminal commands like
"settings put system display_temperature_mode 4"
"svc data disable"
working?
binaries are in the /system/bin, but cannot be executed

swapnildixit3

Mar 24, 2013
STL
you're damn right...Dialer fcs, and it will continue even after clean install of another rom. You'll have to wipe system to get rid of capps completely.

Follow following steps to uninstall C-Apps:
Connect your device to your computer and open a terminal or command prompt.
  1. adb root
  2. adb remount
  3. adb shell rm /system/addon.d/01-cyngn.sh
  4. Reflash CyanogenMod zip for your device

Could you be more specific about the "error"? You probably have to update your bootloader to the latest version.
Yeah that's what is needed, I complied it as well and same issue. I'll flash the new bootloader..just being lazy since I have to backup my sdcard too as it will be wiped. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Flashing a bootloader doesn't wipe the sdcard. Use Boot Unlocker app if your bootloader is currently locked.
It's not locked but last time I flashed bootloader the internal sdcard wiped too. It's been a year though and I'm old so.....There we have it lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks as if official CM13 nightlies have gone live! No hammerhead yet, but I'm sure the wait won't be long :)
    Tonight should be the night. And backup your 12.1 versions as we do not have *cough* stable releases, just in case.
    We had the same issue with LP... I know why they want to include the radio and bootloader but I still don't understand why CM is so late on this matter.
    This should be ok tomorrow.

Let me add a sentence or two: Nobody here adds bugs or inconveniences intentionally or just for fun. In this case, why would I flash a nightly when I'm building this stuff all the time to bug fix myself or test patches? I wasn't even able to reboot my CM-AOSP device because I debug an issue over days there. For a handful of users who complained about a weird CM issue. So things go unnoticed. A lot of them. Count the patches in gerrit, amazing stuff from everybody and a lot of it. So the neutral answer to "Why is CM so late on this matter?" is: Because I did not notice.

I am thankful for bug reports but seriously, I get pissed when users somehow suggest I am a lazy prick.
    Updated everything to google's october security update m4b30x. :good:
    It will be in the Oct 7 nightly.
    https://review.cyanogenmod.org/164725
    Let me know if there are any issues.
    cm-13.0-20151124-UNOFFICIAL-hammerhead.zip

There is an issue with cam recording, audio/video are out of sync on all QCOM-based CM devices. I have to check if we are ok on AOSP, until then enjoy the unofficial that is bit-for-bit the same rubbish as a jenkins build.
    And the cam will be fine with tomorrow's nightly as well.

I may even move hammerhead-AOSP to HW encryption that offers >90% of unencrypted speed. Somebody should already start working on TWRP ;)