[KERNEL] GALAXIAN [344MB][GB][JVU][Voodoo Sound][EXT4][BLN][COLOR]

Search This thread

Lukiqq

Jul 19, 2007
Lubań
Asus Zenfone 9
Galaxian_logo.png

Galaxian kernel was made to improve your Galaxy S usage experience.
If you are looking for fast and stable kernel, this one is for you!

beznazwy3m.jpg

img_question_mark.jpg
Why Galaxian?

• Based on latest source from Samsung Open Source Release Center and always latest initramfs
  • 344MB RAM memory without side effects like loosing HD capabilities
  • EXT4 and RFS support with autodetection
  • ClockWorkMod Recovery v3.0.0.5
  • Ondemand governor with tweaked up/down scaling
  • Voodoo Sound v10
  • Slightly increased charging current limits for both AC and USB charging modes
  • Improved touch sensitivity
  • Front camera is working (no snapshot when recording support)
  • Video calls are working
  • Modules compiled with -O2 flags
  • LZMA kernel compression, GZIP initramfs compression
  • Low Memory Killer levels are just perfect
  • Unbelivable colors and sharpness
  • Brightness levels are now fixed (no more red tint on each)
  • Fixed MDNIE profiles (outdoor mode can now work together with selected color temperature).
  • Light sensor driver fine tuned
  • WiFi driver buffer is now bigger
  • New jpeg compression mode from Galaxy TAB
  • Read A Head parameter increased to 512KB
  • BLN support
  • Optimized compile flags
  • CPU clock speed switch is now faster
  • Custom bootanimations support! just name yours as sanim.zip and place in /system/media/
  • Minor tweaks

img_question_mark.jpg
Where to get it?

Click here!

img_question_mark.jpg
How to apply?

Please use Odin and choose GalaxianC....tar in PDA section (without pit file, repartition or bootloader update!)

img_question_mark.jpg
Want to convert your RFS -> EXT4?

There are two simple ways to do that:

img_question_mark.jpg
Any sources?

Click here!

thanksa.jpg

I would like to say thank you to everyone
who helped me with this project!

*Logo is a trademark of NAMCO BANDAI.

Last edited:

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
Thought you were gonna do a closed test with me. But I guess this is better since I can't flash at work haha. Good luck!

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
100 downloads and no feedback =.="

I'll leave feedback tomorrow on whether it works or not. Still testing lagginess for pikachu using Xcal's 3.0 kernel.

amtrakcn

Mar 22, 2010
Madison
The color tweak feel cool!
Just flashed to recover my JVR ROM, however the nandroid backup seem not functioning.

Last edited:

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
Hrm. I'm getting the same problem as I did with Semaphore. The phone/kernel thinks I have my headphones plugged in, when in fact I don't. When I have my headphones plugged in, it thinks I don't. However, everything else seems to be pretty good.

Last edited:

existz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 9, 2008
Kentucky
Hrm. I'm getting the same problem as I did with Semaphore. The phone/kernel thinks I have my headphones plugged in, when in fact I don't. When I have my headphones plugged in, it thinks I don't. However, everything else seems to be pretty good.

Its missing headphone logic fix/wired headset support for Captivate..., all these changes need to be made for I9000 to work on Cappy..

Headphone logic fix
https://github.com/existz/linux_gt-i9000-gb/commit/0b63454c722361fa9abaa1f4ebae572a4ed7a8d9

Wired Headset Support
https://github.com/existz/linux_gt-i9000-gb/commit/8eb00b8ae75da448e9816eb1a628f3412ea3451b

Capacitive key mapping
https://github.com/existz/linux_gt-i9000-gb/commit/970b68a0813489b6f9f959aa61d17af196f0bb18

Screen orientation
https://github.com/existz/linux_gt-i9000-gb/commit/ace2c666932890ca7a40b73c02e70116a5a6d508

^^disregard the changes to drivers/input/misc/yas529.c , and Captivate uses YAS529_POSITION=0...as seen later in this commit

https://github.com/existz/linux_gt-i9000-gb/commit/e7e52c9fd9a4f4344032c1eff811f98c9faea214

Last edited:

chappatti

Sep 3, 2007

+1

Confirm that headphones jack works in inverse. Says connected when unplugged and vice-versa. A definite fix required. Thanks existz for fix tips.

Vodoo color seems a tad better than other kernels with color support. A little more brighter without color loss.

Did not test more since headphones is deal breaker ;-)

anishz

Nov 25, 2010
Mumbai
Thank you very much for bringing this to captivate. liked that 344 mb doesn't break hd recording. Am using apex 12.2 will flash and see.
Flashed, orientation is proper and headphones work as they should, feels snappy overall. Too early to say anything else. But great work.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts