Google is looking for your feedback!

Search This thread

Louer Adun

Jan 19, 2010
Maybe a option to show 1:1 pixel is missing? I will see what the Chromecast 2 looks like on a 1920x1200 Display tomorrow.

Yeah, that's what it seems I need is a 1:1 pixel mapping. However connected to my computer this monitor will have a letterbox when set to 1920x1080 and the expected letterboxing.

Please note I only tested this with the first gen Chromecast, so maybe this isn't an issue with the second gen units.

SGH-i200

Aug 31, 2009
Sony Xperia XZ1
Google Pixel 2
Chromecast2 on 1920x1200 display

Yeah, that's what it seems I need is a 1:1 pixel mapping. However connected to my computer this monitor will have a letterbox when set to 1920x1080 and the expected letterboxing.

Please note I only tested this with the first gen Chromecast, so maybe this isn't an issue with the second gen units.

I tested the Chromecast2 on a HP 1920x1200 display. Pixels are mapped 1:1 with the right display settings. I don't have a Chromecast1 to check with this display.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got off the phone with Google technical support. In fact I spent about 40 minutes on the phone with them discussing bugs/problems and feature suggestions with the representative. Google is actively looking for our feedback to improve the devices so feel free to give them a call and contribute your two cents.

Google Play Support: 855-836-3987

Issues/Features I had contacted them about:
    Low volume in Netflix
    1080p content scaled to 1920x1200 on a 16:10 aspect ratio monitor (other devices scale properly)
    Feature request to add an option for auto power off of the device after a specified amount of inactivity
    I wonder if Google read these forums about their devices?

Yes, we do.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    If your TV has a usb port on it, you can power the Chromecast by plugging in its power cable to that usb port. When I shut off the tv, the Chromecast shuts off too. That's what I do with mine.

I have my Chromecast plugged into my AVR and it does the same. When I turn the AVR off the Chromecast also turns off.

I think the actual physical Chromecast device is just a transitional product. Future TVs and AVRs will have this software built into them.
    I am no longer using my chromecast or the display in question, however I do still have both. I will test for you shortly.

I have since moved to using Nvidia Shields for all the TVs in the house, they are quite wonderful media player devices.

I just plugged the Chromecast in, and it updated (had been sitting on the shelf for a while). After the update, the same problem is exhibited. I have 2 aspect ratio options in the monitor settings, "Full" and "Fit". Both provide a 16:9 1920x1080p signal stretched to the 16:10 1920x1200 resolution.