Samsung GPS fix. NEW!

Search This thread

explodingboy70

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 20, 2010
Southwest Florida
ATTN #Vibrant users: We've created an app to help optimize GPS. Go to the Android Market & search for GPSSamsungRestore: http://ow.ly/3hEpr

Straight from their twitter about 10 minutes ago.

Update: Before anyone gets excited the app ONLY resets GPS to the original settings. Not a real fix as most of our GPS' were not working properly out of the box.

Last edited:

explodingboy70

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 20, 2010
Southwest Florida
Epic failure! As I expected it would. Tested this app and it tried to lock on 3 times before it gave me a message saying that I needed to contact a service center.

Krzysiek_CK

Oct 27, 2010
I have tested this application few times. I can officially say that it dies, while soft rebooting the phone, more times than to actually work. This application is as good as GPS itself.

Last edited:

kangxi

Jun 10, 2010
Orlando
Yes, I have positive results with it also. Used it and I got a lock instantly. Opened up navigation and it was spot on, no arrow jumping all over the place. It may say that it just reverts it back to stock settings, but whatever the case may be, it works.

Jibreil

Jan 11, 2007
Mumbai
Samsung gets pwned by XDA ... once again!

Two of the epic failuers of this phone is the lack of flash and improper GPS.

keoni4u

Nov 19, 2010
honolulu
I downloaded the app as soon as i seen the tweet. It looked good initially, i got lock instantly, multiple times after running the app, but when I tested it out on a drive my phone would lose GPS signal after less then 5 mins, then it take another 7-10 mins to get another GPS lock, this kept happening the whole time....

darkside79

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Didnt make a difference. Still takes 2 or 3 mins to find my gps location. Nice try samsung. I mean WTF is the REAL problem with the GPS? I know! a hardware issue! EPIC FAIL!!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App