Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Neo

Moderator Emeritus / The One - ΠΣΘ
Aug 4, 2011
The Matrix
Welcome to my Adrenalized version of AOKP

about.png

For any of you who are Familiar with my "Adrenaline" Rom, you will understand what it means to "Adrenalize" AOKP ;)

I have modified it to my liking and I'm sure many of you will like as well!

Here is what you have to look forward to:

*TRUE AOSP!
*GUTTED. Considered to be De-Bloated "further". Increased the speed
*removed a good portion of media tones and kept the few I liked.
*rooted
*data/app ability added
*init.d tweaks for battery and performance
*Working Google Now WITHOUT the voice workaround and a true working jelly bean voice search made available by udz2002 for the find (requires a flash of my gapps package)
*Working Camera and Video recording both rear and front facing. *NOTE: Streaming video recording force closes for now like with Skype or Hangout (Gtalk)
*Working WiFi
*Working Native Tether
*No Wakelock
*Custom Kernel and undervolted
*Working Bluetooth
*Working frequency and Governor Control
*Working 3G/4Glte (do NOT mess with network toggles or go into mobile networks)

*Beats Audio/DSP Mod. Thanks to xda member "Awesome" for modifying! Make sure you check out all your options in "Awesome Beats"
*SEVERAL Build.prop tweaks for optimized battery performance, internet speed, and system speed.
*Removed Nova and the Standard Launcher and replaced with Apex ( can provide flashables of the originals if you want them back)
*WiFi tether app added (for those who have issues with the integrated tether)
*Google Ears (Sound Search Widget)
*Latest Superuser
*Latest SU Binaries
*Inverted Calendar
*Inverted Messaging (with working mms!)
*Inverted E-mail and Exchange
*Inverted Gmail (my gapps package)
*Inverted Contacts
*Inverted Play Music (my gapps package)
*Inverted Play Store (my gapps package)
*Inverted GTalk (my gapps package)
*Inverted Youtube (my gapps package)

***NOTE*** If this is your first time coming to an AOSP Rom and you are S-ON, you will need to extract the boot.img and flash it in hboot after the rom flash.

FOR BEST PERFORMANCE, FLASH WITH AMON RA RECOVERY. (Download link for Amon Ra in Post #2)

Click to Download--->AOKP-Neo 1.8 Linaro
md5: 6b50cc000167084021067f1a942d0ea5

***DO NOT FLASH GAPPS! They are baked in now. Clean flash required. Just flash the rom and Done. Included gapps fixes a number of issues.

Developer Edition 1.5 Linaro
AOKP NEO Developer Edition (unsupported. This is how I roll. DOWNLOAD
^Don't complain about this build^. It's for me only. I'm just sharing :)
md5: ecfa9e4f3640fcba4a86ce4dc0cd729a

If you like my work, donations are always accepted!

credits.png

[mbobino] - For teaching me how to compile roms and always willing to help.
[dmeadows013] - For teaching me how to compile AOKP for the Rez and allowing me to be the nightly maintainer.
[chad0989] - For all the fixes and making AOSP possible for the Rezound.
[Snuzzo] - For his Incredible Funky Kernel.
[SynisterWolf] - For being my closest android buddy, for helping deliver some of the nightlies, and for his custom keyboards.
[localceleb] For the awesome custom wallpaper.
[XRaptor29] - For inspiring me to start developing.

List%20of%20donators.png

A big THANK YOU to the following XDA Members for their generosity! I appreciate everything!
Please PM me with your username if you are one of the following non xda user names listed below so that I may have you recognized properly.

CompTek | Matthew S. | Christopher E.
WeThePeople13 | David P. | He W.
RolandDeschain | William M. | Benjamin J.
Drew C. | Eric K. | Valerie M.
Matthew P. | Ryan K. | Eric B.
Tad H. | Jeremy M. | Shawn T.
B.MAC | Brandon E. | Max M.
JL. | bestechnow | localceleb
Thomas W. | Andy M. | David A.
whotahnHTC | Brian M. | Jared G.

Guys if you like the rom, consider donating! It's always appreciated and will go directly to helping me support my mini me's insatiable desire to consume ice cream! :D

Mine: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=ER36WF5HCHTEU

Chad's: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...22c6eea13ecd7b

dmeadows013: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...22c6eea13ecd7b
|
|
|
|
|

Last edited:

Neo

Aug 4, 2011
The Matrix
Changelogs, Downloads, FAQs

changelog.png

AOKP-Neo 1.8 Linaro:
***NOTE*** If coming from 1.7 a clean flash is NOT required. If coming from any previous version, it is required.
Remember: Do Not Flash Gapps.
*Added the data/app installation script and moved Beats installer and Adobe Flash Player to be installed as a Data/App so that it works.
*Added Google Now back into the rom with an Inverted M7

AOKP-Neo 1.7 Linaro:
*Working I/O Scheduler!
Swapped the Funky 1.7 kernel for a different version of Funky1.7 compiled with Shrike's ramdisk by Shrike using Snuzzo's Kernel Source.
Doing so has fixed the internal built in I/O scheduler settings in Performance options.
*DO NOT FLASH GAPPS!!!
Gapps are now baked in! Rom carries a new AOSP Setup like you would see on a Google device for quick setup. Personally, I would skip the mail sync portion for now but it's entirely up to you. Having gapps baked in ensure that you do not delete the camera, have an extra gallery, or destroy the Sphere view ability..
*Working Sphere View ability in Gallery. Pretty awesome
*Quick GPS locking now with Gapps baked in. (Doing this fixes GPS on JB roms also)
*Updated:
Maps
Streetview
SuperSU
Gmail 4.2
Latest Playstore
*Added in my JB AOKP Boot animation.. A teaser of what is soon to come..
*Nova Launcher is now default.
*New Inverted version of GTalk to allow for video chat ability!
* Integrated The long lost Android Flash Player from Adobe that is no longer supported but definitely required for several flash required environments as not everyone has transitioned to the new HTML yet
*Beats Audio Installer with working Beats Notification! (App allegedly claims to install the needed drivers and produce Beats quality sound! You decide)
Please note that you must go through it's installation process and it will reboot TWICE! First reboot will freeze and then reboot once more. Will be fine after that.
*Exchange.apk added back in so E-mail/Exchange accounts should work perfectly again.
*Calendar Provider and Sync adapter modified. Hopefully the Calendar sync works again. (let me know if it doesn't)
*Build.Prop modified some for overall system improvement.
*NOTE that the MIUI Music app force closes on first launch.
*Note also that if your status bar on first flash happens to be acting wonky, reboot your phone and it should be fixed.

AOKP-Neo 1.5 Linaro:
***CLEAN WIPE REQUIRED!!!***
*Completely rebuilt from source with the Linaro Tool chain instead of Android "Vanilla". Much faster and Cleaner! (Google "Linaro" if you don't know what it is) Try those heavy graphics games now ;)
*Merged New Funky Kernel v1.2 (Thanks Snuzzo)
Kernel revisions include:
-minor I/O tweaks
-Updated Adreno Drivers
-modules built into the kernel
-GPU OverClocked
-default Wheatley config. restored
-Lazy governor added
-CPU stats added.
*Custom Boot Animation.
*GPS Lock Fix (mod)
*Use popup Settings instead of Knobs for the Camera (no need for tiny sliders anymore! Easy to read and set pop ups)
* Improved Http Response Cache performance (Faster Page Loads)
*Added the Option to Change App Drawer Grid Size in Trebuchet
*Added the option to Enable/Disable the Download of “Potentially Unsafe Content” in Email Settings
*Streaming Camera for Hangout/skype/etc Fixed (Chad0989)
It also fixed scanners (for those who use them)
*Removed Apex Launcher and added my personally modified lite and faster version of Trebuchet.
*Multi-touch truly fixed this time.
*Music sound quality/volume fixed
*Custom AOKP Wallpaper merged into Trebuchet (localceleb)
*Awesome 360 degree ripple effect on lockscreen! (SynisterWolf)
*init.d Fixed (Shrike)
*Forced sio in I/O scheduler (Snuzzo Kernel)
*Native Tether Fixed (Can't remember if it was broken before or not)
*Call Quality better (Snuzzo Kernel) (not bluetooth)
*WiFi Wake Lock Fixed
*Modified the larger LatinIME keyboard to 2mb by removing most of the foreign language packs from it.
*Fixed the double vibration in the dialer by replacing the inverted contacts app with the version that comes standard with this build.
*Added all the Build prop tweaks for maximum performance with exception to the network speed tweaks (for battery life)
*Replaced SuperUser with SuperSU so as not to have that annoying "forgetfulness" that SuperUser has when granting apps SU permissions.
*Added SyniserWolf's Lockscreen fix. (for the included HC Animation)
*Added a modified services.jar that improves memory handling and overall rom performance (thanks SynisterWolf for modifying it to work with AOKP!)
*Added .nomedia files to every folder within the rom to combat wakelock from mediaserver (thanks Argumentation for researching)
*Removed some green from the rom and replaced with ICS blue.
*Overall increased speed and battery life.

AOKP-Neo 1.4:
*Phone.apk returned! You get your Dialer back! :D The problem was due to the inverted contacts.apk no longer playing well with phone.apk... For whatever reason.. Must be the new source. I will be modifying the working contacts.apk of course to be inverted and hopefully included in the next release.
*New Kernel by Snuzzo! Updated Funkey Kernel to include the following:
-SIO Scheduler
-Force AC charge over USB
-Multi Touch Fix
You guys should see the multitouch fix truly implemented now.
*Modified aosp keyboard by SynisterWolf! He took it and made it a little bit bigger. How convenient!
*Honeycomb style Lockscreen Clock by Snuzzo!

AOKP-Neo 1.3:
**A CLEAN WIPE IS REQUIRED**
*Completely rebuilt from the latest source.
*WiFi Glitch Fixed.
*Native Tether fixed.
*Wakelock Fixed.
*Multi-touch Fixed.
*Undervolted kernel with all frequencies by -50mv (Thanks Snuzzo!)
*New Wheatley Governor for incredible battery life. (Thanks Snuzzo!)
*New custom wallpaper specific to this build! (Thanks localceleb!)
*Torch app included.

AOKP-Neo 1.2:
**A CLEAN WIPE IS REQUIRED** Don't complain if you have launcher issues or problems resulting from not following this instruct.
* FASTER! >_<
*Increased max fling to 20,000 and min to 16,000
*Added the new calculator that will eventually become the official calculator for the CM10 nightlies. It has advanced functions like log, sin, cos and irrational numbers like pi and e. It can also calculate complex numbers,graph X,Y equations, Matrix addition/multiplication, determinants, and eigen values.Hexadecimal,Binary support, displays history by pulling down from the top, and can hide the pages you don't need.
*Updated to the latest Adreno Drivers. Improved system speed, quadrant, and enables flash to work in rom.
*Torch works and no longer buggy (at least for me)
*Added facebook contacts sync ability! (Thanks SynisterWolf!)
*Moved a few apps over to the data partition to free up system space for speed!
*Added X-Play as a default music player (awesome options). (note that the app is pre-set to auto play with headset plug-in and can be disabled.)
*Updated to the latest Superuser

AOKP-Neo 1.1:
*FASTER!
*WiFi now works with the tether workaround listed in the FAQ's below.
*Changed init.d permissions so hopefully they are all working now.
*Disable kernel error logging for improved system performance.
*Got rid of CPU rendering completely by removing the entire soft-rendering pathway from the OS.
*Enabled Tile Rendering. (let me know if there is any glitchiness with app tiles and such
*Raised max fling velocity to 14000 zooom!
*Raised minimum fling velocity to 12000 (this was the original max)
*Added a faster boot up tweak (may be placebo. you decide!)
*Disabled that annoying USB debugging notification icon when attaching to a pc :D
*Swapped out the calculator for a more inverted version that I liked better.
*Changed the debug composition type to gpu rendering. Should see improved performance!

downloads.png

-448 Sounds Flashable Pack: DOWNLOAD

-Flashable zip to revert the stock apps to normal (non-inverted): DOWNLOAD
md5: 2f1cc8ee78afc334ce46d559c8fa461a

-Amon Ra Recovery 3.15: DOWNLOAD

-Gapps-Invert-Revert: DOWNLOAD - Only flash these if you've already flashed my inverted gapps package and want to go back to uninverted.
md5: 4aebe853e4dba0759844ed4c6e91dced

faq.png

Q: "Ever since I came to AOSP, I get these weird, annoying text messages from Verizon. How can I make them stop?"
A: " Click this:
http://www.verizonwireless.com

-Sign in at the top right corner.
-If an add pops up, bypass it by selecting the link that says "Continue to My Verizon"
-Under the "Plan" options in the middle of the screen, click on change features.
-Select your phone in the next window if it asks for it and click "Next" off to the right of the screen.
-Here you can choose to add and remove features and it's the 2 cloud storage options that you want to opt out of or disable. They were free any way and most don't even use it. Continue in the bottom right corner after that and I'm sure you can figure out the rest!
***NOTE***
You most likely will get slammed by a recall to delete message for every weird text you received since switching to AOSP. After that they are gone for good."

Q: "How do I configure the wireless tether app to work properly?"
A: "Tap menu, then settings.
-Change the Device profile to HTC Rezound
-Change the Setup Method to Netd (master)
-Enabling WiFi Encryption is your choice, however, I would recommend it (password protect your hotspot!)
-Enabling the encryption will allow you the next option of creating a password for your network.
-Changing the SSID is the name of your network hotspot that you want to show as an available network.
-You can enable access control if you like but it is not necessary.
-Scroll all the way down and check off "Enable routing fix"
That's it! Ready to go."

Q: "You mentioned that until WiFi is truly fixed, there is an easy workaround to get it working. What must I do?"
A: "Simply enable the Tethering and Mobile Hotspot option located Settings/Wireless & Networks (under more). After it is successfully enabled, disable it and your WiFi will work just fine until a reboot. You can also speed up this toggle process by having the included WiFi tether app listed above configured so all you have to do is enable then disable."

Q: "Battery percentages do not match what the system shows when power is low or what is showing on the statusbar or lockscreen. Can we fix this?"
A: "This is a known HTC issue and there is not a fix for it at the moment. Your best bet would be to stick with the lowest percentage the system indicates is the remaining power for your battery. There is however a 1% battery mod that attempts to give a more accurate reading but it doesn't always work. I may attempt to merge it into one of these builds eventually."

Q: "Does this ROM suffer from choppiness of the homescreen like many others?"
A: "The choppiness of the homescreen is due to the default settings within Apex Launcher. Users can tweak their individual homescreen transition and scrolling settings to fine tune it's performance to their liking and nearly do away with any lag or choppiness resulting from the preset. A good first start would be to change the wallpaper scrolling to fixed, or setting the minimum scrolling time to somewhere betweek 1-4. 0 is NOT fastest."

Q: "Is this rom for S=OFF ONLY people, or can we S=ON people flash your rom?"
A: "At the moment, I have not created a rom specifically for S=ON flashing. However, if you are on one of the last few ICS firmware released, you can extract the boot.img from the zip and you will need to flash it in hboot after flashing the rom"

Q: "I am still on Gingerbread firmware. Is this rom old firmware friendly? If not, will the Gingerbread patch I have from another rom work with yours?"
A: "It is not old firmware friendly. However, you may be able to use a Gingerbread Patch from another rom. If you've tried this, please let me know if it worked.

Q: "In order to use the rom previous to flashing yours, I had to flash a Gingerbread patch. Now that I have flashed your rom, I get these reboots every 15 seconds. Why is this happening?"
A: "Since you are on the older firmware, you are going to have to flash this patch each and every time you switch to a newer firmware rom. That will fix the issue"

Q: "I flashed your rom but while I'm on it, it reboots after about 20 seconds every time it gets back to the rom. Why is it doing this?"
A: "You are on the old Gingerbread Firmware or not on an ICS firmware new enough. Either RUU your way to the latest leak or use a Gingerbread patch"

Q: "I downloaded the rom but want to make sure it downloaded properly before I attempt to flash it. Everyone keeps telling me to check my md5 but I'm not sure how to do it"
A: "Here is a link to the Free md5 checker/generator that I use: http://www.winmd5.com/. Use that to compare the string of code with that of what I have listed for the rom download. If you can not use this app, you can also view the md5 on your phone via a root browser like root explorer by checking the properties of the zip.

Q: "Which gapps are safe to flash on this rom?"
A: "I would suggest only flashing the latest ICS gapps for any of my roms. For AOSP specifically, I have an inverted gapps package listed in post 1"

Q: "Does "Google Now" work with this rom? If so, does the voice portion work also?"
A: "Yes google now works as does the Jelly Bean Voice Search."

Q: "I read that you included the Google Sound Search (Google Ears) app in your rom but I can't find it?"
A: "It is a widget. long press your homescreen, select widget, and you will find it"

Q: "I flashed your rom and my phone gets really hot after a while. In fact, Ive noticed it on all the newer roms lately. What could be causing it and how can I attempt to fix it?"
A: "Make sure you have updated your radio to the latest available. In fact, you should update to he latest firmware".

Q: "When I turn the wifi on, it gets stuck in the "turning on" mode but never comes on. Why is it doing this and how can I fix it?"
A: "The kernel has most likely been installed incorrectly or you are missing the module located system/libs. Place that folder from the rom zip to that location and reboot"

Q: "Does this rom include an AD Blocker?"
A: "It does not as it interferes with some market apps that require it. You can however download several free ad blockers from the play store"

Q: "Do you have plans to add Aroma to your roms?"
A: "I may in the future yes"

Q: "Does Bluetooth work with this rom?"
A: "Yes althought for the moment, call quality may not be that great. It's still in development."

Q: "My gallery is not showing my pictures nor is my the Latin player showing my music. How do I fix this?"
A: "You just need to clear the cache on those apps and it will solve the problem"

Q: "I use the Navigation app all the time to get me from point A to point B but it is not in this rom nor can I find it in the market. How can I get it back?"
A: "The navigation app (Blue Chevron for the icon) is actually part of the Google Maps app. Re-Download Google Maps and you will have your Navigation app back"

Q: "I noticed on most roms anything I download goes to the internal memory under the downloads folder. How can I change this to where downloads will go to my sd card's download folder?"
A: "There is a way to do it although I'm unsure of how at the moment. However, if you can change the default downloads folder in tapatalk or the xda app to "Downloads" and anything downloaded through those apps will go to that folder on your sd card"

Q: "I noticed your tweaks force GPU rendering instead of hardware rendering. This conflicts with a few games I play and won't allow me to play them until I change it. If it's possible, where would I go to change that?"
A: "It is possible and is as easy as un-checking the option listed under system apps/developer options/Force GPU Rendering"

Q: "Everyone else is reporting amazing battery life but mine drains incredibly fast. What can I do to fix this?"
A: "Ensure that you are on the latest radio (1.22.10.0424r, 1.22.10.0424r) and firmware, and that you have no background apps that are using major resources constantly running. Also, make sure to tweak your screen properties/setting as the screen takes up a great deal of power. Live wallpapers and things like gps/wifi/bluetooth being left on can drain power fast."

Q: "Will there be any way to add switchable equilizers in your rom?"
A: "There is a modified DSP manager called Awesome Beats with a load of options to choose from!"

Q: "Every now and then when I toggle bluetooth, it will lock up and not turn on. How do I fix it?"
A: "Reboot"

Q: "What purposes does an i/o scheduler serve?"
A: "The following:"
Minimize hard disk seek latency.
Prioritize I/O requests from processes.
Allocate disk bandwidth for running processes.
Guarantee that certain requests will be served before a deadline.
***In short, the Kernel controls the disk access via using the I/O Scheduler.***

Q: "What goal does every I/O scheduler try to balance?"
Fairness (let every process have its share of the access to disk)
Performance (try to serve requests close to current disk head position first, because seeking there is fastest)
Real-time (guarantee that a request is serviced in a given time)

Q: "How do I determine what I/O Scheduler setting is best for me?"
A: "It depends on how you use your phone and what is most important to you. Refer to the chart below to customize your scheduler appropriately:

Noop

Inserts all the incoming I/O requests to a First In First Out queue and implements request merging. Best used with storage devices that do not depend on mechanical movement to access data (like flash drives). Advantage here is that flash drives do not require reordering of multiple I/O requests unlike in normal hard drives.

Advantages
Serves I/O requests with least number of cpu cycles. (Battery friendly)
Best for flash drives since there is no seeking penalty.
Good throughput on db systems.

Disadvantages
Reduction in number of cpu cycles used is proportional to drop in performance.

Deadline

Goal is to minimize I/O latency or starvation of a request. The same is achieved by round robin policy to be fair among multiple I/O requests. Five queues are aggressively used to reorder incoming requests.

Advantages
Nearly a real time scheduler.
Excels in reducing latency of any given single I/O.
Best scheduler for database access and queries.
Bandwidth requirement of a process - what percentage of CPU it needs, is easily calculated.
Like noop, a good scheduler for solid state/flash drives.

Disadvantages
When system is overloaded, set of processes that may miss deadline is largely unpredictable.

CFQ

Completely Fair Queuing scheduler maintains a scalable per-process I/O queue and attempts to distribute the available I/O bandwidth equally among all I/O requests. Each per-process queue contains synchronous requests from processes. Time slice allocated for each queue depends on the priority of the 'parent' process. V2 of CFQ has some fixes which solves process' i/o starvation and some small backward seeks in the hope of improving responsiveness.

Advantages
Considered to deliver a balanced i/o performance.
Easiest to tune.
Excels on multiprocessor systems.
Best database system performance after deadline.

Disadvantages
Some users report media scanning takes longest to complete using CFQ. This could be because of the property that since the bandwidth is equally distributed to all i/o operations during boot-up, media scanning is not given any special priority.
Jitter (worst-case-delay) exhibited can sometimes be high, because of the number of tasks competing for the disk.

SIO

Simple I/O scheduler aims to keep minimum overhead to achieve low latency to serve I/O requests. No priority quesues concepts, but only basic merging. Sio is a mix between noop & deadline. No reordering or sorting of requests.

Advantages
Simple, so reliable.
Minimized starvation of requests.

Disadvantages
Slow random-read speeds on flash drives, compared to other schedulers.
Sequential-read speeds on flash drives also not so good.

vr

Unlike other schedulers, synchronous and asynchronous requests are not treated separately, instead a deadline is imposed for fairness. The next request to be served is based on it's distance from last request.

Advantages
May be best for benchmarking because at the peak of it's 'form' VR performs best.

Disadvantages
Performance fluctuation results in below-average performance at times.
Least reliable/most unstable.

Last edited:

fudplayers

Dec 13, 2010
asheville,nc
This is going to rock! Btw, error on the download site.

Edit..it downloaded. It downloaded 8mb but windows says it can't open it,says zip is invalid?

Last edited:

howellcp

Dec 11, 2010
What is the full size? I got 102mb.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using xda app-developers app

evilstewie23

Jul 6, 2011
So is the google Now the one from mikeyxda v7 or something else? I usually flash awesome beats, google now, and google ears whenever i flash a new rom and im glad they are built in this rom. Also, is it safe to flash dantuzz bild prop tweaks or would you not recommend it?

Neo

Aug 4, 2011
The Matrix
So is the google Now the one from mikeyxda v7 or something else? I usually flash awesome beats, google now, and google ears whenever i flash a new rom and im glad they are built in this rom. Also, is it safe to flash dantuzz bild prop tweaks or would you not recommend it?

AOKP comes standard with a majority of his tweaks. Not sure if it is ok to flash over this or not though. You can gladly guinea pig if you like! :D

Reactions: evilstewie23

scotty1223

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2011
so is bluetooth really working? like,working i can make a phone call and talk on it working? or it just connects,like in the other current AOSP roms? if its working,working you will officially be my new hero! :D

thanks a bunch,downloading now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to my Adrenalized version of AOKP

about.png

For any of you who are Familiar with my "Adrenaline" Rom, you will understand what it means to "Adrenalize" AOKP ;)

I have modified it to my liking and I'm sure many of you will like as well!

Here is what you have to look forward to:

*TRUE AOSP!
    *GUTTED. Considered to be De-Bloated "further". Increased the speed
    *removed a good portion of media tones and kept the few I liked.
    *rooted
    *data/app ability added
    *init.d tweaks for battery and performance
    *Working Google Now WITHOUT the voice workaround and a true working jelly bean voice search made available by udz2002 for the find (requires a flash of my gapps package)
    *Working Camera and Video recording both rear and front facing. *NOTE: Streaming video recording force closes for now like with Skype or Hangout (Gtalk)
    *Working WiFi
    *Working Native Tether
    *No Wakelock
    *Custom Kernel and undervolted
    *Working Bluetooth
    *Working frequency and Governor Control
    *Working 3G/4Glte (do NOT mess with network toggles or go into mobile networks)

*Beats Audio/DSP Mod. Thanks to xda member "Awesome" for modifying! Make sure you check out all your options in "Awesome Beats"
    *SEVERAL Build.prop tweaks for optimized battery performance, internet speed, and system speed.
    *Removed Nova and the Standard Launcher and replaced with Apex ( can provide flashables of the originals if you want them back)
    *WiFi tether app added (for those who have issues with the integrated tether)
    *Google Ears (Sound Search Widget)
    *Latest Superuser
    *Latest SU Binaries
    *Inverted Calendar
    *Inverted Messaging (with working mms!)
    *Inverted E-mail and Exchange
    *Inverted Gmail (my gapps package)
    *Inverted Contacts
    *Inverted Play Music (my gapps package)
    *Inverted Play Store (my gapps package)
    *Inverted GTalk (my gapps package)
    *Inverted Youtube (my gapps package)

***NOTE*** If this is your first time coming to an AOSP Rom and you are S-ON, you will need to extract the boot.img and flash it in hboot after the rom flash.

FOR BEST PERFORMANCE, FLASH WITH AMON RA RECOVERY. (Download link for Amon Ra in Post #2)

Click to Download--->AOKP-Neo 1.8 Linaro
    md5: 6b50cc000167084021067f1a942d0ea5

***DO NOT FLASH GAPPS! They are baked in now. Clean flash required. Just flash the rom and Done. Included gapps fixes a number of issues.

Developer Edition 1.5 Linaro
    AOKP NEO Developer Edition (unsupported. This is how I roll. DOWNLOAD
    ^Don't complain about this build^. It's for me only. I'm just sharing :)
    md5: ecfa9e4f3640fcba4a86ce4dc0cd729a

If you like my work, donations are always accepted!

credits.png

[mbobino] - For teaching me how to compile roms and always willing to help.
    [dmeadows013] - For teaching me how to compile AOKP for the Rez and allowing me to be the nightly maintainer.
    [chad0989] - For all the fixes and making AOSP possible for the Rezound.
    [Snuzzo] - For his Incredible Funky Kernel.
    [SynisterWolf] - For being my closest android buddy, for helping deliver some of the nightlies, and for his custom keyboards.
    [localceleb] For the awesome custom wallpaper.
    [XRaptor29] - For inspiring me to start developing.

List%20of%20donators.png

A big THANK YOU to the following XDA Members for their generosity! I appreciate everything!
    Please PM me with your username if you are one of the following non xda user names listed below so that I may have you recognized properly.

CompTek | Matthew S. | Christopher E.
    WeThePeople13 | David P. | He W.
    RolandDeschain | William M. | Benjamin J.
    Drew C. | Eric K. | Valerie M.
    Matthew P. | Ryan K. | Eric B.
    Tad H. | Jeremy M. | Shawn T.
    B.MAC | Brandon E. | Max M.
    JL. | bestechnow | localceleb
    Thomas W. | Andy M. | David A.
    whotahnHTC | Brian M. | Jared G.

Guys if you like the rom, consider donating! It's always appreciated and will go directly to helping me support my mini me's insatiable desire to consume ice cream! :D

Mine: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=ER36WF5HCHTEU

Chad's: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...22c6eea13ecd7b

dmeadows013: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...22c6eea13ecd7b
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Changelogs, Downloads, FAQs

changelog.png

AOKP-Neo 1.8 Linaro:
    ***NOTE*** If coming from 1.7 a clean flash is NOT required. If coming from any previous version, it is required.
    Remember: Do Not Flash Gapps.
    *Added the data/app installation script and moved Beats installer and Adobe Flash Player to be installed as a Data/App so that it works.
    *Added Google Now back into the rom with an Inverted M7

AOKP-Neo 1.7 Linaro:
    *Working I/O Scheduler!
    Swapped the Funky 1.7 kernel for a different version of Funky1.7 compiled with Shrike's ramdisk by Shrike using Snuzzo's Kernel Source.
    Doing so has fixed the internal built in I/O scheduler settings in Performance options.
    *DO NOT FLASH GAPPS!!!
    Gapps are now baked in! Rom carries a new AOSP Setup like you would see on a Google device for quick setup. Personally, I would skip the mail sync portion for now but it's entirely up to you. Having gapps baked in ensure that you do not delete the camera, have an extra gallery, or destroy the Sphere view ability..
    *Working Sphere View ability in Gallery. Pretty awesome
    *Quick GPS locking now with Gapps baked in. (Doing this fixes GPS on JB roms also)
    *Updated:
    Maps
    Streetview
    SuperSU
    Gmail 4.2
    Latest Playstore
    *Added in my JB AOKP Boot animation.. A teaser of what is soon to come..
    *Nova Launcher is now default.
    *New Inverted version of GTalk to allow for video chat ability!
    * Integrated The long lost Android Flash Player from Adobe that is no longer supported but definitely required for several flash required environments as not everyone has transitioned to the new HTML yet
    *Beats Audio Installer with working Beats Notification! (App allegedly claims to install the needed drivers and produce Beats quality sound! You decide)
    Please note that you must go through it's installation process and it will reboot TWICE! First reboot will freeze and then reboot once more. Will be fine after that.
    *Exchange.apk added back in so E-mail/Exchange accounts should work perfectly again.
    *Calendar Provider and Sync adapter modified. Hopefully the Calendar sync works again. (let me know if it doesn't)
    *Build.Prop modified some for overall system improvement.
    *NOTE that the MIUI Music app force closes on first launch.
    *Note also that if your status bar on first flash happens to be acting wonky, reboot your phone and it should be fixed.

AOKP-Neo 1.5 Linaro:
    ***CLEAN WIPE REQUIRED!!!***
    *Completely rebuilt from source with the Linaro Tool chain instead of Android "Vanilla". Much faster and Cleaner! (Google "Linaro" if you don't know what it is) Try those heavy graphics games now ;)
    *Merged New Funky Kernel v1.2 (Thanks Snuzzo)
    Kernel revisions include:
    -minor I/O tweaks
    -Updated Adreno Drivers
    -modules built into the kernel
    -GPU OverClocked
    -default Wheatley config. restored
    -Lazy governor added
    -CPU stats added.
    *Custom Boot Animation.
    *GPS Lock Fix (mod)
    *Use popup Settings instead of Knobs for the Camera (no need for tiny sliders anymore! Easy to read and set pop ups)
    * Improved Http Response Cache performance (Faster Page Loads)
    *Added the Option to Change App Drawer Grid Size in Trebuchet
    *Added the option to Enable/Disable the Download of “Potentially Unsafe Content” in Email Settings
    *Streaming Camera for Hangout/skype/etc Fixed (Chad0989)
    It also fixed scanners (for those who use them)
    *Removed Apex Launcher and added my personally modified lite and faster version of Trebuchet.
    *Multi-touch truly fixed this time.
    *Music sound quality/volume fixed
    *Custom AOKP Wallpaper merged into Trebuchet (localceleb)
    *Awesome 360 degree ripple effect on lockscreen! (SynisterWolf)
    *init.d Fixed (Shrike)
    *Forced sio in I/O scheduler (Snuzzo Kernel)
    *Native Tether Fixed (Can't remember if it was broken before or not)
    *Call Quality better (Snuzzo Kernel) (not bluetooth)
    *WiFi Wake Lock Fixed
    *Modified the larger LatinIME keyboard to 2mb by removing most of the foreign language packs from it.
    *Fixed the double vibration in the dialer by replacing the inverted contacts app with the version that comes standard with this build.
    *Added all the Build prop tweaks for maximum performance with exception to the network speed tweaks (for battery life)
    *Replaced SuperUser with SuperSU so as not to have that annoying "forgetfulness" that SuperUser has when granting apps SU permissions.
    *Added SyniserWolf's Lockscreen fix. (for the included HC Animation)
    *Added a modified services.jar that improves memory handling and overall rom performance (thanks SynisterWolf for modifying it to work with AOKP!)
    *Added .nomedia files to every folder within the rom to combat wakelock from mediaserver (thanks Argumentation for researching)
    *Removed some green from the rom and replaced with ICS blue.

AOKP-Neo 1.4:
    *Phone.apk returned! You get your Dialer back! :D The problem was due to the inverted contacts.apk no longer playing well with phone.apk... For whatever reason.. Must be the new source. I will be modifying the working contacts.apk of course to be inverted and hopefully included in the next release.
    *New Kernel by Snuzzo! Updated Funkey Kernel to include the following:
    -SIO Scheduler
    -Force AC charge over USB
    -Multi Touch Fix
    You guys should see the multitouch fix truly implemented now.
    *Modified aosp keyboard by SynisterWolf! He took it and made it a little bit bigger. How convenient!
    *Honeycomb style Lockscreen Clock by Snuzzo!

AOKP-Neo 1.3:
    **A CLEAN WIPE IS REQUIRED**
    *Completely rebuilt from the latest source.
    *WiFi Glitch Fixed.
    *Native Tether fixed.
    *Wakelock Fixed.
    *Multi-touch Fixed.
    *Undervolted kernel with all frequencies by -50mv (Thanks Snuzzo!)
    *New Wheatley Governor for incredible battery life. (Thanks Snuzzo!)
    *New custom wallpaper specific to this build! (Thanks localceleb!)
    *Torch app included.

AOKP-Neo 1.2:
    **A CLEAN WIPE IS REQUIRED** Don't complain if you have launcher issues or problems resulting from not following this instruct.
    * FASTER! >_<
    *Increased max fling to 20,000 and min to 16,000
    *Added the new calculator that will eventually become the official calculator for the CM10 nightlies. It has advanced functions like log, sin, cos and irrational numbers like pi and e. It can also calculate complex numbers,graph X,Y equations, Matrix addition/multiplication, determinants, and eigen values.Hexadecimal,Binary support, displays history by pulling down from the top, and can hide the pages you don't need.
    *Updated to the latest Adreno Drivers. Improved system speed, quadrant, and enables flash to work in rom.
    *Torch works and no longer buggy (at least for me)
    *Added facebook contacts sync ability! (Thanks SynisterWolf!)
    *Moved a few apps over to the data partition to free up system space for speed!
    *Added X-Play as a default music player (awesome options). (note that the app is pre-set to auto play with headset plug-in and can be disabled.)
    *Updated to the latest Superuser

AOKP-Neo 1.1:
    *FASTER!
    *WiFi now works with the tether workaround listed in the FAQ's below.
    *Changed init.d permissions so hopefully they are all working now.
    *Disable kernel error logging for improved system performance.
    *Got rid of CPU rendering completely by removing the entire soft-rendering pathway from the OS.
    *Enabled Tile Rendering. (let me know if there is any glitchiness with app tiles and such
    *Raised max fling velocity to 14000 zooom!
    *Raised minimum fling velocity to 12000 (this was the original max)
    *Added a faster boot up tweak (may be placebo. you decide!)
    *Disabled that annoying USB debugging notification icon when attaching to a pc :D
    *Swapped out the calculator for a more inverted version that I liked better.
    *Changed the debug composition type to gpu rendering. Should see improved performance!

downloads.png

-448 Sounds Flashable Pack: DOWNLOAD

-Flashable zip to revert the stock apps to normal (non-inverted): DOWNLOAD
    md5: 2f1cc8ee78afc334ce46d559c8fa461a

-Amon Ra Recovery 3.15: DOWNLOAD

-Gapps-Invert-Revert: DOWNLOAD - Only flash these if you've already flashed my inverted gapps package and want to go back to uninverted.
    md5: 4aebe853e4dba0759844ed4c6e91dced

faq.png

Q: "Ever since I came to AOSP, I get these weird, annoying text messages from Verizon. How can I make them stop?"
    A: " Click this:
    http://www.verizonwireless.com

-Sign in at the top right corner.
    -If an add pops up, bypass it by selecting the link that says "Continue to My Verizon"
    -Under the "Plan" options in the middle of the screen, click on change features.
    -Select your phone in the next window if it asks for it and click "Next" off to the right of the screen.
    -Here you can choose to add and remove features and it's the 2 cloud storage options that you want to opt out of or disable. They were free any way and most don't even use it. Continue in the bottom right corner after that and I'm sure you can figure out the rest!
    ***NOTE***
    You most likely will get slammed by a recall to delete message for every weird text you received since switching to AOSP. After that they are gone for good."

Q: "How do I configure the wireless tether app to work properly?"
    A: "Tap menu, then settings.
    -Change the Device profile to HTC Rezound
    -Change the Setup Method to Netd (master)
    -Enabling WiFi Encryption is your choice, however, I would recommend it (password protect your hotspot!)
    -Enabling the encryption will allow you the next option of creating a password for your network.
    -Changing the SSID is the name of your network hotspot that you want to show as an available network.
    -You can enable access control if you like but it is not necessary.
    -Scroll all the way down and check off "Enable routing fix"
    That's it! Ready to go."

Q: "You mentioned that until WiFi is truly fixed, there is an easy workaround to get it working. What must I do?"
    A: "Simply enable the Tethering and Mobile Hotspot option located Settings/Wireless & Networks (under more). After it is successfully enabled, disable it and your WiFi will work just fine until a reboot. You can also speed up this toggle process by having the included WiFi tether app listed above configured so all you have to do is enable then disable."

Q: "Battery percentages do not match what the system shows when power is low or what is showing on the statusbar or lockscreen. Can we fix this?"
    A: "This is a known HTC issue and there is not a fix for it at the moment. Your best bet would be to stick with the lowest percentage the system indicates is the remaining power for your battery. There is however a 1% battery mod that attempts to give a more accurate reading but it doesn't always work. I may attempt to merge it into one of these builds eventually."

Q: "Does this ROM suffer from choppiness of the homescreen like many others?"
    A: "The choppiness of the homescreen is due to the default settings within Apex Launcher. Users can tweak their individual homescreen transition and scrolling settings to fine tune it's performance to their liking and nearly do away with any lag or choppiness resulting from the preset. A good first start would be to change the wallpaper scrolling to fixed, or setting the minimum scrolling time to somewhere betweek 1-4. 0 is NOT fastest."

Q: "Is this rom for S=OFF ONLY people, or can we S=ON people flash your rom?"
    A: "At the moment, I have not created a rom specifically for S=ON flashing. However, if you are on one of the last few ICS firmware released, you can extract the boot.img from the zip and you will need to flash it in hboot after flashing the rom"

Q: "I am still on Gingerbread firmware. Is this rom old firmware friendly? If not, will the Gingerbread patch I have from another rom work with yours?"
    A: "It is not old firmware friendly. However, you may be able to use a Gingerbread Patch from another rom. If you've tried this, please let me know if it worked.

Q: "In order to use the rom previous to flashing yours, I had to flash a Gingerbread patch. Now that I have flashed your rom, I get these reboots every 15 seconds. Why is this happening?"
    A: "Since you are on the older firmware, you are going to have to flash this patch each and every time you switch to a newer firmware rom. That will fix the issue"

Q: "I flashed your rom but while I'm on it, it reboots after about 20 seconds every time it gets back to the rom. Why is it doing this?"
    A: "You are on the old Gingerbread Firmware or not on an ICS firmware new enough. Either RUU your way to the latest leak or use a Gingerbread patch"

Q: "I downloaded the rom but want to make sure it downloaded properly before I attempt to flash it. Everyone keeps telling me to check my md5 but I'm not sure how to do it"
    A: "Here is a link to the Free md5 checker/generator that I use: http://www.winmd5.com/. Use that to compare the string of code with that of what I have listed for the rom download. If you can not use this app, you can also view the md5 on your phone via a root browser like root explorer by checking the properties of the zip.

Q: "Which gapps are safe to flash on this rom?"
    A: "I would suggest only flashing the latest ICS gapps for any of my roms. For AOSP specifically, I have an inverted gapps package listed in post 1"

Q: "Does "Google Now" work with this rom? If so, does the voice portion work also?"
    A: "Yes google now works as does the Jelly Bean Voice Search."

Q: "I read that you included the Google Sound Search (Google Ears) app in your rom but I can't find it?"
    A: "It is a widget. long press your homescreen, select widget, and you will find it"

Q: "I flashed your rom and my phone gets really hot after a while. In fact, Ive noticed it on all the newer roms lately. What could be causing it and how can I attempt to fix it?"
    A: "Make sure you have updated your radio to the latest available. In fact, you should update to he latest firmware".

Q: "When I turn the wifi on, it gets stuck in the "turning on" mode but never comes on. Why is it doing this and how can I fix it?"
    A: "The kernel has most likely been installed incorrectly or you are missing the module located system/libs. Place that folder from the rom zip to that location and reboot"

Q: "Does this rom include an AD Blocker?"
    A: "It does not as it interferes with some market apps that require it. You can however download several free ad blockers from the play store"

Q: "Do you have plans to add Aroma to your roms?"
    A: "I may in the future yes"

Q: "Does Bluetooth work with this rom?"
    A: "Yes althought for the moment, call quality may not be that great. It's still in development."

Q: "My gallery is not showing my pictures nor is my the Latin player showing my music. How do I fix this?"
    A: "You just need to clear the cache on those apps and it will solve the problem"

Q: "I use the Navigation app all the time to get me from point A to point B but it is not in this rom nor can I find it in the market. How can I get it back?"
    A: "The navigation app (Blue Chevron for the icon) is actually part of the Google Maps app. Re-Download Google Maps and you will have your Navigation app back"

Q: "I noticed on most roms anything I download goes to the internal memory under the downloads folder. How can I change this to where downloads will go to my sd card's download folder?"
    A: "There is a way to do it although I'm unsure of how at the moment. However, if you can change the default downloads folder in tapatalk or the xda app to "Downloads" and anything downloaded through those apps will go to that folder on your sd card"

Q: "I noticed your tweaks force GPU rendering instead of hardware rendering. This conflicts with a few games I play and won't allow me to play them until I change it. If it's possible, where would I go to change that?"
    A: "It is possible and is as easy as un-checking the option listed under system apps/developer options/Force GPU Rendering"

Q: "Everyone else is reporting amazing battery life but mine drains incredibly fast. What can I do to fix this?"
    A: "Ensure that you are on the latest radio (1.22.10.0424r, 1.22.10.0424r) and firmware, and that you have no background apps that are using major resources constantly running. Also, make sure to tweak your screen properties/setting as the screen takes up a great deal of power. Live wallpapers and things like gps/wifi/bluetooth being left on can drain power fast."

Q: "Will there be any way to add switchable equilizers in your rom?"
    A: "There is a modified DSP manager called Awesome Beats with a load of options to choose from!"

Q: "Every now and then when I toggle bluetooth, it will lock up and not turn on. How do I fix it?"
    A: "Reboot"

Q: "What purposes does an i/o scheduler serve?"
    Minimize hard disk seek latency.
    Prioritize I/O requests from processes.
    Allocate disk bandwidth for running processes.
    Guarantee that certain requests will be served before a deadline.
    ***In short, the Kernel controls the disk access via using the I/O Scheduler.***

Q: "What goal does every I/O scheduler try to balance?"
    Fairness (let every process have its share of the access to disk)
    Performance (try to serve requests close to current disk head position first, because seeking there is fastest)
    Real-time (guarantee that a request is serviced in a given time)

Q: "How do I determine what I/O Scheduler setting is best for me?"
    A: "It depends on how you use your phone and what is most important to you. Refer to the chart below to customize your scheduler appropriately:

Noop

Inserts all the incoming I/O requests to a First In First Out queue and implements request merging. Best used with storage devices that do not depend on mechanical movement to access data (like flash drives). Advantage here is that flash drives do not require reordering of multiple I/O requests unlike in normal hard drives.

Advantages
    Serves I/O requests with least number of cpu cycles. (Battery friendly)
    Best for flash drives since there is no seeking penalty.
    Good throughput on db systems.

Disadvantages
    Reduction in number of cpu cycles used is proportional to drop in performance.

Deadline

Goal is to minimize I/O latency or starvation of a request. The same is achieved by round robin policy to be fair among multiple I/O requests. Five queues are aggressively used to reorder incoming requests.

Advantages
    Nearly a real time scheduler.
    Excels in reducing latency of any given single I/O.
    Best scheduler for database access and queries.
    Bandwidth requirement of a process - what percentage of CPU it needs, is easily calculated.
    Like noop, a good scheduler for solid state/flash drives.

Disadvantages
    When system is overloaded, set of processes that may miss deadline is largely unpredictable.

CFQ

Completely Fair Queuing scheduler maintains a scalable per-process I/O queue and attempts to distribute the available I/O bandwidth equally among all I/O requests. Each per-process queue contains synchronous requests from processes. Time slice allocated for each queue depends on the priority of the 'parent' process. V2 of CFQ has some fixes which solves process' i/o starvation and some small backward seeks in the hope of improving responsiveness.

Advantages
    Considered to deliver a balanced i/o performance.
    Easiest to tune.
    Excels on multiprocessor systems.
    Best database system performance after deadline.

Disadvantages
    Some users report media scanning takes longest to complete using CFQ. This could be because of the property that since the bandwidth is equally distributed to all i/o operations during boot-up, media scanning is not given any special priority.
    Jitter (worst-case-delay) exhibited can sometimes be high, because of the number of tasks competing for the disk.

SIO

Simple I/O scheduler aims to keep minimum overhead to achieve low latency to serve I/O requests. No priority quesues concepts, but only basic merging. Sio is a mix between noop & deadline. No reordering or sorting of requests.

Advantages
    Simple, so reliable.
    Minimized starvation of requests.

Disadvantages
    Slow random-read speeds on flash drives, compared to other schedulers.
    Sequential-read speeds on flash drives also not so good.

vr

Unlike other schedulers, synchronous and asynchronous requests are not treated separately, instead a deadline is imposed for fairness. The next request to be served is based on it's distance from last request.

Advantages
    May be best for benchmarking because at the peak of it's 'form' VR performs best.

Disadvantages
    Performance fluctuation results in below-average performance at times.
    Least reliable/most unstable.
    THANK YOU

I wanted to take a moment to Thank all those who have donated since I've started pushing roms for the rez a few months ago. I also appreciate the many of you who have spent their time answering several of the questions within my threads that have literally saved me LOTS of time from having to do it myself even though I try to stay as active as I can with the questions in all my threads. You guys rock!
    I have modified the OP to reflect those donators as I feel they should be recognized. If you see your name in the list and it is NOT your xda id, please by all means pm me with your member id and I will correct the op in all 8 of my threads.
    As a reminder to all, I create these roms for the community without any expectations from any of you. There is NO COST involved on my part to make these roms. Remember that nothing is required of you to continue receiving updated material and to enjoy my work.

Thanks again to all,

-Neo
    Update

I'm hitting my full repo issue hard today and hope to put out an updated build tonight that solves the battery drain issue.
    UPDATE

Snuzzo has a brilliant idea that just might work. If all goes will, I may be releasing AOKP 1.3 tonight and my CM9 rom. I'll keep you updated!