<CALL FOR STICKY>painless root for x10 in 5 seconds (TESTED ON MY X10i)

Search This thread

Running_Roti

Jul 8, 2009
i already rooted my x10A to the 23 rom, which version does this root ur X10 to? and btw anyone tested this on the X10A?
let me know!
thanks

saltorio

Feb 20, 2009
Ottawa, ON
www.NutsNGum.net
Could this be the holy-grail (from a user standpoint at least) of rooting? I'd love to hear comments on it's success (I'm already running 026 rooted, otherwise I'd try it).

As much as I appreciate all the work the X10 root devs have put into getting root on this phone and providing a solution for we lowly masse: I'd love a single-step solution. Seeing solutions for other phones like the one-touch root for the Galaxy S and jailbreakme.com do make me a bit jealous.

smallord

Jan 29, 2009
Beijing
I am on rooted 026 too, otherwise will have a try.
Anyway, if it is true, that would be great for it is easier to do. Could any dev check and see if this way has any inspiration to your work.

ddewbofh

Jun 9, 2009
Göteborg
I am on rooted 026 too, otherwise will have a try.
Anyway, if it is true, that would be great for it is easier to do. Could any dev check and see if this way has any inspiration to your work.

From a quick glance at it I'd say it's the X10 mini exploit packaged and automated into an apk. Since the exploit appears to be a generic userland exploit it would explain how it works on so many devices.

xd4d3v

Jun 18, 2009
i was so excited that i reflashed and rerooted with this.
works a charm. fantastic!!!

andyx8

Oct 6, 2007
Manila
i used another one from the other thread "X10Root" and it works perfectly. rooted after clean update via seus. now on R2BA026. it includes superuser.apk. i think this one doesnt.

maxld

Mar 21, 2009
Łódź
There is one big problem with this root method, I can't get ADB to work. Operations are not permitted :/

razer_irl

Oct 20, 2008
Right heres a really stupid question--Will this work with the Apps Installer app or no I need the SDK from Android.Im totally new to Android and just picked up an X10i.This root seems to be the easiest so far--Stuck on Vodafone Ireland @ Rf014 (I think) so I need to root and upgrade to a later version.