02/06/2012 DISCONTINUED FOR NOW WCX ILLUMINATI SERIES AT&T Inspire 4G ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

fernandezhjr

May 4, 2009
Highlands, TX
I guess I'm just a daring kind of guy. Lol. I download and flashed the test roms numerous times, all downloaded thru my phone. Although, I will admit, I do like having a checksum for the radio. Even though, I don't think it is critical, since radios for this device are flashed in bootloader as a pd98img file.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

gbeardmore

Mar 15, 2011
Stoughton, WI
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Checksums are over rated. I don't add them either.

I'm honestly curious about this - has anyone ever come across an actually 'bricked' inspire from a bad ROM flash? I haven't seen one...a bunch of, pardon the expression, 'soft bricks'...but they are recoverable. Even when devs do post md5, one of their first suggestions when a problem comes up is redownload and reflash. It'll be all good...there will be plenty of help here for you too

I understand you being cautious...no one here will fault you for that.. maybe its not a bad idea.. but its also not that big of a deal for THIS device

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda premium

OK, so I think I'm learning something now. I honestly thought you could wreck the phone with a bad flash. Guess I just need to relax.

But "The right way is never easy, The easy way is never right." for a signature would make one think a checksum would be a routine step.

Anyway! The ROM looks genuinely awesome! Guess I'll just close my eyes and flash. :)

Garmig

Aug 7, 2008
Las Vegas
www.draincleaning.vegas
OK, so I think I'm learning something now. I honestly thought you could wreck the phone with a bad flash. Guess I just need to relax.

But "The right way is never easy, The easy way is never right." for a signature would make one think a checksum would be a routine step.

Anyway! The ROM looks genuinely awesome! Guess I'll just close my eyes and flash. :)

WCX_Sense_3.5_v2.3

MD5: 224a7e6f6b516c047145ddc

Egrier

Jun 4, 2009
Hiawatha, KS
Checksum?? What the heck is that anyway? I don't worry about it. If I see a rom I want to try I just download it and flash away. I don't need no stinkin' checksums!! :D

S.Reno9

May 5, 2011
Quick question on the sense 3.5 rom... Can I just do a manual full wipe in cwm and flash away...? No need to flash in ext 4 wipe scripts or anything?

bonny_em

Nov 9, 2010
Washington
I have HTC-RIL 2.2.0160HM on WCX 3.5 with 12.59.60.26P_26.11.04.21_M radio. I'm not sure why, whenever I try to upgrade my RIL to 2.2.160 (after mounting system in cmw recovery), RIL version stays same as 2.2.0160HM. Is there anything that I'm doing wrong or is there's another way to install RIL file?
Thanks.

fernandezhjr

May 4, 2009
Highlands, TX
I have HTC-RIL 2.2.0160HM on WCX 3.5 with 12.59.60.26P_26.11.04.21_M radio. I'm not sure why, whenever I try to upgrade my RIL to 2.2.160 (after mounting system in cmw recovery), RIL version stays same as 2.2.0160HM. Is there anything that I'm doing wrong or is there's another way to install RIL file?
Thanks.

I believe they are the same ril file, just named differently. Also, that is not the matching ril file for your radio for the phone.

Edit- actually it is the wrong radio for the phone. Post two in the radio thread is invalid.

Last edited:
W

Wild Child

This is the ril thats cooked in and radio that recommended,second one in the inspire radio thread...all thats need for this is to flash the radio...

AT&T OTA Update - Released 04-29-2011
Radio OS Base: FroYo

Radio: 12.39a.60.19x_26.06.06.30_M
MD5 Sum: 991dc7acd70fa13d47ca6d0a4b6f857f
With RCDATA: 12.39a.60.19x_26.06.06.30_M
MD5 Sum: 7c9ffb634314ff952a8fb49b7f86ee11

Ril: HTC-RIL 2.2.0079HM
MD5 Sum: 29dc8bc64fd61a0168dcd1c31e9aae34
AOSP Ril: HTC-RIL 2.2.0018G
MD5 Sum: a9972f35d8d4e1155fea9f49aa29f483

monkeyrasta.702

Mar 12, 2011
Sin City
My experience
a6cd0c04-e6df-770d.jpg
a6cd0c04-e710-bf50.jpg
a6cd0c04-e732-54db.jpg
a6cd0c04-e742-67b6.jpg

Good job guys the smoothest Rom and fastest internet speeds for me at least so far.

adam5150

May 19, 2011
Great Rom you guys. Glad you also got me back to the best working radio file also. Started having a bad habit about thinking the higher the number the better the radio. Overall extremely smooth and responsive Rom. Do you know of any paginated mod that will work for this Rom. I hate page scrolling. Anyways thanks for making something I will be sticking to for awhile.

adam5150

May 19, 2011
Sorry for this stupid question lol but I was wondering if someone could tell me the pic size for you avatar on here. I have been a member for awhile and have used many many roms. By the way keeping this one as I think you guys have finally nailed it. Great great work. GPS, graphics, functionality, and performance outstanding compared to mikdroid ess and runnydroid. Have used all and stuck with yall. Great work

Garmig

Aug 7, 2008
Las Vegas
www.draincleaning.vegas
My results with the recommended radio and Sense 3.5

2011-12-30_13-57-48.png

2011-12-30_14-00-24.png

2011-12-30_14-00-54.png

Used faster fix from market to get this GPS results. (time to first GPS fix:3 seconds)

2011-12-30_14-45-22.png

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using WCX Illuminati Series for AT&T Inspire 4G.

Last edited:
W

Wild Child

The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
Thank you for the compliments...greatly appreciated....We are still looking into mods for this build,have not found too many pre made or anyone to help with them...hopefully we will have some soon...Theres one big thing being worked on now....but cant say what it is....hehe

Sorry for this stupid question lol but I was wondering if someone could tell me the pic size for you avatar on here. I have been a member for awhile and have used many many roms. By the way keeping this one as I think you guys have finally nailed it. Great great work. GPS, graphics, functionality, and performance outstanding compared to mikdroid ess and runnydroid. Have used all and stuck with yall. Great work

Last edited:

adam5150

May 19, 2011
No need in thanking me thank you. Great work my friend and thanks for the up on pic size. Like I said earlier I have been on here since I got my phone and I love constantly changing and modifying roms every since I started on my old blackberrys torch bold etc. Just one of those guys that can't stay with one thing constantly going for the better. Like I said earlier though I am stuck on this Rom. Can't wait for the mods. Thank you for your hard effort in making a lot of us at&t users happy once again. By the way I am rocking your 3.5 sense Rom and loving it.

PakRatt

Account currently disabled
Mar 10, 2011
Redmond, OR
The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
Thank you for the compliments...greatly appreciated....We are still looking into mods for this build,have not found too many pre made or anyone to help with them...hopefully we will have some soon...Theres one big thing being worked on now....but cant say what it is....hehe

Well now..lol This is interesting news. I have high hope's for eye candy thats not just a color. I'm not much into a single color themes ..lol

adam5150

May 19, 2011
As far as me very cool with a great working Rom. Skins will be nice but just thankful that everything is working flawlessly. Flashed the flip battery percentage just got to have that to stay away from throwing a bs widget on my phone just to let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    what gmurphy said x2

Some mods for the new 3.5 base (1.22.461.2). You can flash battery mods on top of network mods and vice-versa. If it hasn't been said enough - YOU MUST FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY BEFORE FLASHING THESE. The ROM flashes stock recovery, which won't allow you to do this. Let me know if I screwed any icons up. I did test them all and they all flashed successfully - but I do get confused easily. Thanks UOT Kitchen for Battery mods.

Stock% Battery
    Stock.PNG

Circle% Battery (Green->Blue->Yellow->Orange->Red)
    Circle.PNG

Digital% Battery (Green->Blue->Yellow->Orange->Red)
    Digital.PNG

3G+ instead of H+
    3G%25252B.png

4G instead of H+
    4G.png

H instead of H+
    H.png

WCX_Sense_3.5_v2.3

MD5: 224a7e6f6b516c047145ddc
    This is a battery with percentage. It is the green stock looking one with the yellow and red low warning colors. The yellow and red colors also flash during charging. The zip also adds flip animation. If you don't want the flip animation, just disable animation in display settings. The first file is for the 3.0 base and the second for the 3.5 base. Flash in recovery, mount system first.

edit: zip for 3.5 has been updated for the newest base on 1-3-12.
    And here is my contribution courtesy of the UOT Kitchen. This battery mod is for the new WCX_Sense_3.5_v2.4. Like homeslice said, you MUST flash the custom recovery. I like using the larger numbers for the battery. (old eyes) :)
    Both are modding systemui.apk and framework-res.apk. so whichever you flash last will be what takes affect. You would need to do the battery mod on the framework res.apk found in rctweaks. I'll do it..what battery do you want? Sounds like stock%?

Here you go. Flash this on top of RCTweaks 2.0 to get H+ and Stock% battery and keep other tweaks. Thanks to UOT kitchen for battery mod.

Note: As previously stated, flashing these tweaks could be undoing changes/tweaks WildChild has made in some system files. This .zip contains the SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk from RCTweaks (and com.htc.resources from WC's 3.5 ROM) - so any changes WC has made to these first two files are overwritten - as well as a bunch of other files looking at RCTweaks. So Flash AYOR