[KERNEL][OPO] FrancoKernel - r57 - 16th September - LineageOS 15.1 custom roms

Search This thread

Fatsodonkey

Apr 22, 2011
Yeah. Franco said it wasn't worth it or necessary. Instability due to undervolting causes more issues than any supposed benefits.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick reply. It's the only way that i can make my phone usable as i don't use it much with screen on. So low voltage cpu is mandatory for my usage. I see his point though. :)

Got to find some alternative to Boeffla as he quit updating it. It is really hard to find as fast and configurable kernel with no bs options, just the mandatory.

Can anyone recommend me a kernel that is like Boeffla and still gets updates?

Thanhbat

Apr 27, 2018
Hanoi
@franciscofranco, After apply power-saving profile with Lower screen resolution option, my hardware navigation is completely disabled, you can see I have to enable software keys.
Using official LOS 14.1 with r55. Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180530-190930.png
    Screenshot_20180530-190930.png
    166 KB · Views: 934

android_rasagulla

Dec 8, 2017
Finally decent battery again on an 8.1 with the latest Franco v56. Found a good modem for my device and not looking back.

Hey!
I am currently using Sultan's ROM+Kernel. Initially was getting a decent battery life. Got Kernerl Audiator and tweaked a bit but I'm never able to get my old battery stats n performance back again.

Can you point me to the latest DU, as I'm not able to find it and also which modem firmware are you using? I'm on T-mobile US and my modem/baseband version is so bad.

Thanks in advance!

erad1

Dec 3, 2010
MiamiBeach
OnePlus 6
Hey!
I am currently using Sultan's ROM+Kernel. Initially was getting a decent battery life. Got Kernerl Audiator and tweaked a bit but I'm never able to get my old battery stats n performance back again.

Can you point me to the latest DU, as I'm not able to find it and also which modem firmware are you using? I'm on T-mobile US and my modem/baseband version is so bad.

Thanks in advance!
Latest DU is on Telegram app, search for Dirty Bacon, the modem I mentioned in my reply to another post already, look there.

Mustkeg

Jan 2, 2012
Google Pixel 6
Google Pixel 6a
Last edited:

Szebasztian

Dec 27, 2015
Debrecen
Why do not you add a quick charge?

I'm on LineageOS 15.1 with r56 Franco Kernel, and I have 600-800mAh Charging Current.... We need Quick Charge as Boeffla Kernels 1500-1800mAh, Add Direct Quick Charge to your kernel and your kernel will be the BEST. Thanks.

bloof

Jul 2, 2014
Hi,
Can someone tell me if Franco Kernel works with Magisk?
Oneplus One, just upgraded to official Lineage OS 15.1

Much appreciated.
I use Magisk because of the modules functions which help me retain Viper4Android, custom fonts, etc when doing OTA updates.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Compatibility:
    Builds until r44 are for CyanogenOS 5.1.1 YOG7DASK1 only.
    Builds starting with r45 are for Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 CyanogenOS. Currently r45 is the last release compatible with COS 6.0.1.
    Builds starting with r46 are compatible with Android Nougat 7.1.2 LineageOS and roms built from its sources.
    Builds starting with r56 are compatible with Android Oreo 8.1 LineageOS and roms built from its sources.

Download:
    https://francokernel.app

Installation:
    Flash the zip in your recovery
    or
    Auto-flash from Franco Kernel Updater app

Features:
    1 - Legendary battery life
    2 - Flash & forget
    3 - Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
    4 - Bypasses the verified boot flag for Android Pay compatibility (root still breaks Android Pay but that's your own problem)
    5 - Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
    6 - Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
    7 - Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
    8 - Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
    9 - All cores are unlocked and unshackled. Mimicking other SD801 devices all cores are online and hit idle states when they don't have tasks running, instead of going offline. Performance is greatly improved because all cores are readily available when needed
    10 - Some famous wakelocks are blocked and disabled by default for maximum battery life through out the day
    11 - No crap placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
    12 - Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself

Changelog:
    https://francokernel.app
    Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/bacon

Follow me on the interwebs
    Google+
    Twitter

Google+ FK community
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117966512071636110546

Kernel Manager for Franco Kernel demo

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    Here's r40. Sorry for taking a bit, I've been extremely busy, finding a hard time managing everything while maintaining some sort of mental sanity:

* Improvement! Merged the latest patches from CM
    * Improvement! Fix issues with recent nightlies, including missing double tap to wake
    * Improvement! Merged the rest of the memory routines optimizations from Motorola
    * Improvement! Improved the behavior of very sudden cpu load increases on my Hotplug driver
    * Improvement! Fine tuned some of Conservative's settings
    * Improvement! Decreased load_average
    * Improvement! Merged a round of fixes from upstream, including security enhancements
    Pushed r35 syncing with CM's repo and merged a patch for interactive's responsiveness. Enjoy the new Wi-Fi driver and newer TouchPanel driver! Happy new year!
    Hey guys, r39's in da house!

* r39
    * Improvement! Merged the latest patches from CM
    * Improvement! Merged the new full display color adjustments (including saturation, contrast and hue). They'll be available to mess with from FKUpdater starting next update. Path: /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0
    * Improvement! Added Krait memcpy and memmove optimizations from Motorola. Benchmarks on pre-after patch are on the commit on my github
    * Improvement! Merged some cpu task scheduler patches from upstream
    * Improvement! Fixed a bug that could limit max cpu frequency to 1GHz after a screen on/off cycle
    * Improvement! My cat can now cry of joy after seeing MKBHD's video about the One Plus One featuring franco.Kernel
    Nice work... why does title say N5?

Because I'm a moron and didn't fix my copy/pasta :victory: