Gingerbread rolling out in Europe

Search This thread

usfslacker

May 16, 2010
Yeah, it gives us a base to see exactly how ridiculously long it takes Sprint to bloat it up. I like Sprint, been with them for years, but THEY were the ones mucking up the Froyo update, not Samsung. Granted, we still make out alright compared to Verizon/ATT customers who pay double and get WORSE service... I mean, the Fascinate is still on Eclair.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

muyoso

Oct 23, 2007
Yeah, it gives us a base to see exactly how ridiculously long it takes Sprint to bloat it up. I like Sprint, been with them for years, but THEY were the ones mucking up the Froyo update, not Samsung. Granted, we still make out alright compared to Verizon/ATT customers who pay double and get WORSE service... I mean, the Fascinate is still on Eclair.

It will take Samsung longer to port to our phones because of the CDMA radio. Carriers like AT&T have no excuse why their phones aren't getting updates within a week or two of the international rollout. Sprint does add a lot of crap like CIQ to the rom, which probably is what causes most of the delay for us though.

usfslacker

May 16, 2010
No, no its really not. Source code is great, sure, but a real update is what the large majority actually care about. I personally enjoy playing with stock for a while before going custom rom to see the benefits of the devs labor. Plus, I like to use timing and update quality to make future purchase decisions. If I was on Verizon or ATT, I'm certain I would use the Galaxy S update fiasco as a reason to change carriers.

Mutiny32

Nov 27, 2007
Kansas City
mutiny32.com
The good news is that we've already seen Sprint's internal ED12 build being Gingerbread. So we'll see how long they **** around before actually releasing a build to the public.