[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Nexus 6P Thread

Search This thread

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:

mouse100

Sep 20, 2010
Some people reported in another thread that they had bootloops with your tool working on the 6p. Have you solved the issues?

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

puritan007

Aug 20, 2013
Colville
Glad to see you here, I have been doing everything manually, yours is the only toolkit Ive ever trusted Thanks for the support on this device!

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Some people reported in another thread that they had bootloops with your tool working on the 6p. Have you solved the issues?

It's possible they used my tool when the device initially got listed (prematurely) and I had yet to upload all the root kernels I built for it yet (my fault). When rooting a marshmallow build by flashing SuperSU, if the user hasn't flashed a root kernel first they will bootloop. All files are now uploaded and masterlists are also updated, so there should be no issues (toolkit automatically flashes the root kernel).

When a root solution comes out that just uses a newer SuperSU zip and no need for a minimally modified root kernel, I will adopt that method and will be able to extend even more automated features.

Many 6P users have reported success with this recent release.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
It's possible they used my tool when the device initially got listed (prematurely) and I had yet to upload all the root kernels I built for it yet (my fault). When rooting a marshmallow build by flashing SuperSU, if the user hasn't flashed a root kernel first they will bootloop. All files are now uploaded and masterlists are also updated, so there should be no issues (toolkit automatically flashes the root kernel).

When a root solution comes out that just uses a newer SuperSU zip and no need for a minimally modified root kernel, I will adopt that method and will be able to extend even more automated features.

It's perfect

Sent from my Nexus 6P, #WhiteUIsMustDie, #EndDarkAppOppression

freddienuxx

Dec 11, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro

alawys sucess wit your toolkit! i go back to using my samsung galaxy nexus and never had any issues #godblessthehaters

Steff08

Sep 13, 2012
I used your toolkit to unlock root and install custom recovery to my nexus 6p as soon as I got it 3 days ago and everything worked fine

Στάλθηκε από το Nexus 6P μου

skinnytoo2

Oct 22, 2007
As always, works without issue. Thanks again Wug!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
@wug what did method are you using in your tool kit? Chainfires systemless or sytem root? Thanks for your tool kit

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

System root. Systemless is still considered experiential, however I may consider adding an option to try rooting that way if the user wants.

Last edited:

notfaded1

Jun 18, 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
NRT is the simple tool to use for nexus...

System root. Systemless is still considered experiential, however I may consider adding an option to try rooting that way if the user wants.

I've been just using system root too so far. So many other things alter /system anyhow it's almost impossible to avoid. Great to see you here now too Wug! Glad to see you got one of the new nexus!

mouse100

Sep 20, 2010

Thank you very much @WugFresh! This is my third nexus device and for the third time I used successfully your tool that is a very life saver! I've made you a paypal donation. Confirmation number: 2HA073630G714762N

Reactions: WugFresh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}

he's here! great to see you here man
    Hey everyone, version 2.1.5 is out. It does support the May update, and it does have the option to download the updated versions of TWRP and Supersu. You have to grab it from directly from WugFresh's website which is included in the OP's first post.

Just a heads-up...