[new themes] stock jelly bean vanilla and kitkat themes (and more!)

Search This thread

antonio.talamo

Aug 1, 2011
Hello to everybody!!!

Finally the mod is complete!!!

A true new vanilla (holo stock) style theme is ready and can be installed on our device like a simple application!!!
No root required, no change in system directory, no strange operation to do! just install the APK in attachment.

You will have a new theme in the list, it is similar to stock JB theme.

It is for Italian version (E975) but it should works on other versions too! (please send feedback about)

Enjoy!!!!! and hello to everybody!!!!

I will be happy to receive feedback.

P.S. I found that is possible to make and install how much theme we want on our phone! LG rules this time!

EDIT

in the next pages you can found and download other very nice themes created by Syhon! (iphone,xperia Z, sense 5 and many more)
thanks to Syhon

EDIT 2

in attachment kit kat theme by me!!! I hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• VanillaTheme.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 12,598
  • KitkatTheme.apk
    3.8 MB · Views: 11,533
Last edited:

antonio.talamo

Aug 1, 2011
pictures!!!!!

here some screen shoot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-05-19-47-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-05-19-47-00.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 14,388
  • Screenshot_2013-06-05-20-07-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-05-20-07-10.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 13,906
  • Screenshot_2013-05-16-14-01-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-16-14-01-25.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 12,429
  • lg_homescreen_preview_menu.jpg
    lg_homescreen_preview_menu.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 7,195
  • lg_homescreen_preview_work.jpg
    lg_homescreen_preview_work.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 6,876
Last edited:

Mirasdad

Nov 17, 2010
Good job!

Can´t you just name differently? I.e "LGHome3_Theme_Holo".
What tools do you use to compile and recompile?

BR Robert

antonio.talamo

Aug 1, 2011
Good job!

Can´t you just name differently? I.e "LGHome3_Theme_Holo".
What tools do you use to compile and recompile?

BR Robert

Hello,
simply APK tool. I've tried to rename it (not only the pack, but decompiling and re-compiling the entire smali content) but then, it was not recognized by the launcher. Now I'm full of work and I can't spent time on this. maybe in the next week I can attempt to make a better mod.

Anyway, without tool, you can just substitute icon you want in APK file with winrar ;)

bye

Reactions: e34v8 and Mirasdad

Mirasdad

Nov 17, 2010
I threw in a bunch of new icons in "drawable-xhdpi" with winrar and then pushed the apk back to system but it didnt work so i guess i have to rename all icons to corresponding original names if i want it to work :) Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda app-developers app

than33

Sep 20, 2006
Świdnica
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Ok. So here are my conclusions:

- It looks great and it is the best thing you can install on your optimus g

- You used odexed file so it need corresponding .odex file which probably means that you cannot change name without: a) deodexing or b) using correct .odex file.

- You used icons with too small resolution so they are not looking so good as they should be

antonio.talamo

Aug 1, 2011
Ok. So here are my conclusions:

- It looks great and it is the best thing you can install on your optimus g

- You used odexed file so it need corresponding .odex file which probably means that you cannot change name without: a) deodexing or b) using correct .odex file.

- You used icons with too small resolution so they are not looking so good as they should be

Yes you are right! mine is just an idea to implement. I will try to deodex the file, modify it and to make a copy as a new theme. If it will work, for sure a better theme can be done, But now I don't wont to spent time on one of the stock theme (as the mode work now), just becouse I dont wont to corrupt any file in system directory to avoid problem with future update

next week for sure I will have much time to implement it. If someone could help I will be very gratefull

Reactions: e34v8 and Dadovvv

hamba9551

May 14, 2012
Hello to everybody!!! this is my first mod for this phone. I've modified stock biz theme to trasform it on a stock JB holo theme :D

You need a root devices. Just copy the attached file in system/app folder and replace the original biz theme apk. (remember to make a backup before!!!!!!)

Please be sure to assign RW-R-R permission. Then restart device!!!

It is for Italian version (E975) I don't know if works on other versions

I've no much time, so I will be really greatfull if someone can found a way to create new theme without overwrite existing ones.
Theme can have some imperfections, for example app drawer in landscape is not modified. Please consider this a beta.

byeeeee

(there are 4 zip file in attachment due to upload limitation, download every file and extract all of them on the same folder. Then extract only the .zip file (contained in the first attachment) to obtain the APK )

ive already download all files>>extracted( Z01,Z02 n Z03 + zip file)..but when i try to extract zip file an error occur..(extract via 7zip)

antonio.talamo

Aug 1, 2011
ive already download all files>>extracted( Z01,Z02 n Z03 + zip file)..but when i try to extract zip file an error occur..(extract via 7zip)

Hello, i've tryied again and the files in attachment still works. First step is to extract all the files in the same folder. Then you will have 1 zip and 3 other file. Now just extract the zip one (I've used win zip).

Anyway... In the next hours i will post the new version! So you can simply wait :)

In the new version you don't have to substitute a stock theme... But you have just to copy the apk in system folder to have a all new vanilla extra theme! :) coming very soon!

hamba9551

May 14, 2012
Hello, i've tryied again and the files in attachment still works. First step is to extract all the files in the same folder. Then you will have 1 zip and 3 other file. Now just extract the zip one (I've used win zip).

Anyway... In the next hours i will post the new version! So you can simply wait :)

In the new version you don't have to substitute a stock theme... But you have just to copy the apk in system folder to have a all new vanilla extra theme! :) coming very soon!

Good to hear that.. Can't wait to try.. Tq

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda premium

Syhon

Jun 12, 2013
TOULOUSE
Hi i ve modified the original vanilla theme from antonio to do xperia, sense5 and iphone themes.

They work on my e975 without root as the original apk.

Hope you like them.

Attachments

• lgog_themes.zip
    9.4 MB · Views: 3,784
  • xperia.jpg
    xperia.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 4,360
  • iphone.png
    iphone.png
    143.2 KB · Views: 4,081

Syhon

Jun 12, 2013
TOULOUSE
Hi,

I ve updated the iphone theme previously posted to add more icons, application background transparency and new drawer icon.

Also i port the icons and background from crystal 2 theme (originaly made by DaRk_dOg for cm roms http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1951690 ) which is the best theme ever.

Attachments

• iphonefinal.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 1,447
  • crystal2.zip
    4 MB · Views: 1,558
  • 2013.jpg
    2013.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 3,599
  • iph.jpg
    iph.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 3,377

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello to everybody!!!

Finally the mod is complete!!!

A true new vanilla (holo stock) style theme is ready and can be installed on our device like a simple application!!!
    No root required, no change in system directory, no strange operation to do! just install the APK in attachment.

You will have a new theme in the list, it is similar to stock JB theme.

It is for Italian version (E975) but it should works on other versions too! (please send feedback about)

Enjoy!!!!! and hello to everybody!!!!

I will be happy to receive feedback.

P.S. I found that is possible to make and install how much theme we want on our phone! LG rules this time!

EDIT

in the next pages you can found and download other very nice themes created by Syhon! (iphone,xperia Z, sense 5 and many more)
    thanks to Syhon

EDIT 2

in attachment kit kat theme by me!!! I hope you enjoy!
    kitkat theme

because after many downloads there are only 3 thanks I decided not to share more my theme and future updates .... here ends my contribution ...
    thanks to all ...

this is my kitkat theme
    more icons inside
    I share it with you all

UPDATE 20-11-2013
    a thanks is appreciated
    Hi,

I ve fixed the previous posted crystal2 theme (can be installed with the original vanilla theme).

On the same process, I ve made an "oldschool" ubuntu theme and a "newschool" IOS 7 theme.

note: some icons need to be added manually from the icon theme list.
    Hi,

I ve made a "windows 8" style theme and an alien theme (icons made by cybermessiah, thanks to him http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1116150) with a red variant.
    Hi,

I ve made 3 new themes. One inspired of KDE and 2 with white/grey icons.