App Sideloading & Play Store Attempt

Search This thread

Paulenski

Mar 28, 2011
Glendale, AZ
So I got my ouya just today, took a while just getting the ADB to work. Now I managed to install Superuser, by pushing all the pieces but I don't think it's working as intended.

I pushed Gapps, got framework and Google services to work. I managed to sign-in and all, but Play Store crashes on me when I launch. Thats what I'm trying to see wrong with it.

I've already sideloaded Root Explorer and Crunchyroll(this one is still being weird as its forced in portrait mode)

There is hope for this device, I just hope to have some experienced dev's have an whack at it lol

Ozz465

Jul 30, 2011
So I got my ouya just today, took a while just getting the ADB to work. Now I managed to install Superuser, by pushing all the pieces but I don't think it's working as intended.

I pushed Gapps, got framework and Google services to work. I managed to sign-in and all, but Play Store crashes on me when I launch. Thats what I'm trying to see wrong with it.

I've already sideloaded Root Explorer and Crunchyroll(this one is still being weird as its forced in portrait mode)

There is hope for this device, I just hope to have some experienced dev's have an whack at it lol

any particular guide u use for this?

Paulenski

Mar 28, 2011
Glendale, AZ
any particular guide u use for this?

https://devs.ouya.tv/developers/docs/setup

To get ADB to recognize my device, you need to have the Environmental Path in place when you do the echo part of that setup for windows. Also, you need to make sure you open the SDK Manager and let it download Google Drivers, then you need to Add to the inf file under Extras/Google/USB_Driver/WinUSB.inf, to the x86 or AMD64, depending on your OS. I'll just include attachment to my inf file for it.

;OUYA
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2836&PID_0010
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2836&PID_0010&MI_00

From there, I downloaded gapps for 4.1.2(remove SetupWizard.apk before you try pushing folders over). You need to get into ADB, get su, change mount to R/W then set up new permissions. I don't know what it is but the folders seem so locked down. Trying to install and launch certain things, it just fails because it has no access. I'm amatuer at this so I'm not sure why it seems so annoying, but I pushed Gapps like that, mounting r/w for like /system -/apps and folders needed, then pushing it all. I needed to r/w /data and /data/apps to get Crunchyroll to work and that also stopped my process closed errors on Play Store, but it still doesn't launch.

At the moment, I was going to push over Airdroid, XBMC, YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, MXPlayer and a few smaller apps, I'll see how things go.

Attachments

• android_winusb.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

WinDroidGuy

Jun 23, 2012
Seattle
www.youtube.com
I have all Google Apps running on the OUYA except Google Play, I get error com.google.android.finsky.services.DailyHygiene in the logcat...seems I am very close, yet very far :( lol

Paulenski

Mar 28, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Let me know if you get it working, I would like to have YouTube to work correctly. Might need instructions on how you got the Google services to work correctly, because adding accounts work but any syncing just errors on connecting to them inside apps, YouTube, gmail etc

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk HD