[Q] [V] Stamina not working anymore

Search This thread

dyfk3l

May 27, 2013
Bavaria (near Germany)
Hello,
my stamina mode (4.3 Stock ROM, see signature) doesn't work properly anymore. Usually, network connections were disabled shortly after locking screen and by unlocking screen, network connections were established again (connection symbol needed 1-2 seconds to appear).
Now my connections do not get disabled anymore. I receive Whatsapp messages even after an hour of not using my device e.g. and the connection symbol is already there like the device was never disconnected.

I do not have any exceptions in my stamina settings. I had Whatsapp in there for testing purposes, but removed it. I've got the feeling that this problem exists since I've once tested the Whatsapp exception...

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
The first and easiest way is a factory reset of your phone before doing anything else.

Have you ever made a factory reset after switching from android 4.1.2 to 4.3?

dyfk3l

May 27, 2013
Bavaria (near Germany)
I came from CM to 4.3; first the leak versionn, then .199 and finally .210 - each with full wipe. That should not be the problem; stamina mode worked properly on every stock 4.3. It is broken for only one or two weeks now.

Of course i could do a factory reset or a CWM backup from a clean 4.3 installation, but I hoped to solve it another way, e.g. reinstalling a certain APK or editing sth. in the system :rolleyes:

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
I came from CM to 4.3; first the leak versionn, then .199 and finally .210 - each with full wipe. That should not be the problem; stamina mode worked properly on every stock 4.3. It is broken for only one or two weeks now.

Of course i could do a factory reset or a CWM backup from a clean 4.3 installation, but I hoped to solve it another way, e.g. reinstalling a certain APK or editing sth. in the system :rolleyes:

You can flash .210 again via recovery WITHOUT any wipe.
The zip file will format and install a clean system (with all original apk, framework and so on) ;)

dyfk3l

May 27, 2013
Bavaria (near Germany)
You can flash .210 again via recovery WITHOUT any wipe.
The zip file will format and install a clean system (with all original apk, framework and so on) ;)
I prefer original FTF files when using stock ROMs, so that I can customize it according to my taste.

To topic:
I've restored a CWM-backup of the fresh installed stock ROM, but same problem... strange. We'll, the best way should be reinstalling the whole ROM *grrrrrr*

Thanks anyway!

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
I prefer original FTF files when using stock ROMs, so that I can customize it according to my taste.

To topic:
I've restored a CWM-backup of the fresh installed stock ROM, but same problem... strange. We'll, the best way should be reinstalling the whole ROM *grrrrrr*

Thanks anyway!

Good choice. :)
By the way also with Flashtool you can flash only the system this way: uncheck all inside wipe box and check all inside exclude box, but system that has to be unchecked.