[?] Dot View Friendly Screen Shield

Search This thread

VirusZer0

Mar 15, 2010
Pittsburgh
Hey All!

Quick question. Got a new Dot View case for my M8. Also got cheap screen shields from VZW. When the screen protector was on, the case would not close fully, took it off and now the case closes perfect. I have a Poetic clear case coming in, with no flap that covers screen, and I would like to switch back and forth. Does anyone know of any screen protectors that work 100% with the Dot View, allowing it to close FULLY?

Thanks!

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
I've been asking the same question. Hate how HTC left zero wiggle room on their dot case closure myself as well. Someone mentioned the Mime Feather tempered glass protector. Just got mine in the mail yesterday and going to install it later today. Hopefully this works. I too would like to switch between cases as dot view isn't oratical for me everyday use but cool for certain occassions. Hope this helps.

Reactions: VirusZer0

VirusZer0

Mar 15, 2010
Pittsburgh
I've been asking the same question. Hate how HTC left zero wiggle room on their dot case closure myself as well. Someone mentioned the Mime Feather tempered glass protector. Just got mine in the mail yesterday and going to install it later today. Hopefully this works. I too would like to switch between cases as dot view isn't oratical for me everyday use but cool for certain occassions. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the input!!! Let me know how the Mime Feather works, I heard it should work because its only .15mm! Let me know please!

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Well that was a waste of $30. It closes maybe .5mm more than the $8 Chinese generic tempered glass .3mm thick protector I originally had on it. Yes this protector is crazy thin but obviously not thin enough. Guess HTC really did make it impossible to have a protector on with this dot view case cus no protector is going to be thinner than this one! Looks like we're SOL! Weak

6e4e8ary.jpg
apejaqev.jpg

These pictures below are of my original Chinese generic tempered glass protector found on eBay for $8. Not a $30 difference imo of thinnest quality difference.

dymabara.jpg
eredu2a3.jpg

Reactions: VirusZer0

VirusZer0

Mar 15, 2010
Pittsburgh
Well that was a waste of $30. It closes maybe .5mm more than the $8 Chinese generic tempered glass .3mm thick protector I originally had on it. Yes this protector is crazy thin but obviously not thin enough. Guess HTC really did make it impossible to have a protector on with this dot view case cus no protector is going to be thinner than this one! Looks like we're SOL! Weak

6e4e8ary.jpg
apejaqev.jpg

These pictures below are of my original Chinese generic tempered glass protector found on eBay for $8. Not a $30 difference imo of thinnest quality difference.

dymabara.jpg
eredu2a3.jpg

Thanks for sharing. This blows. Lol

Domosham

Jun 2, 2013
Anything thicker than a simple thin layer anti-glare screen will probably cause issue.

Example: Tempered Glass adds so much thickness the screen no longer fits correctly.

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
i use a Zagg glass one and it closes all the way i think its the actual case my first one did the same thing

Your first dot view case? U where able to switch it out cus it didn't close all the way with protector on screen? Can u explain please? I know Zach is thick like the generic tempered glass, .3mm when my Mime Feather is like .1mm

May 26, 2014
I'm waiting for some generic knockoff ones to come out. Shouldn't be difficult for companies to reproduce right? It just uses a magnet or something to allow the phone to know to activate the dotview app.

asimoalex

Jun 18, 2012
florida
Your first dot view case? U where able to switch it out cus it didn't close all the way with protector on screen? Can u explain please? I know Zach is thick like the generic tempered glass, .3mm when my Mime Feather is like .1mm

yea i was i was like hey it does not close all the way look , the guy at the Verizon was like oh yea some of them came in defective like that

also look and Zagg isnt that small

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
yea i was i was like hey it does not close all the way look , the guy at the Verizon was like oh yea some of them came in defective like that

also look and Zagg isnt that small

Yeah zagg looks thicker than my Mime Feather for sure. Your cover looks like there is some lift to it?

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
But you don't notice when u double tap to wake the cover bounces? If it bounces then should be noticeable it's lifted. If no bounce, that's what I'm looking for. I'll go by the Verizon store and see if I can exchange.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the input!!! Let me know how the Mime Feather works, I heard it should work because its only .15mm! Let me know please!

Will do. Should know by tomorrow and will update. Let's both cross our fingers here.

6e4e8ary.jpg
    apejaqev.jpg

dymabara.jpg
    eredu2a3.jpg
    Yeah zagg looks thicker than my Mime Feather for sure. Your cover looks like there is some lift to it?

yea i have not really noticed till now lol i guess the bottom right is slightly lifted :confused:

wow this is so hard to do with ipad on one had and phone on the other lol :laugh: