[APP][4.1+] YMusic - Listen YouTube music in background

Search This thread

Shyam Bairi

Jan 13, 2017
1. After installing YMusic, I played nearly 7 songs. Everything was smooth, then weirdly songs stopped playing. Whenever I play a song, it not even starts playing, just meta data & album art is loaded, then it skips to next song in the queue and the same thing repeats until it comes to end of queue and stops.

2. Another problem, whenever I play a song, the queue is generated automatically, I don't want this. It would be great if you provide an option to disable this.

3. Also when we enqueue a song, the song is queued at the end of queue. If I want to enqueue a song next to current one, there is no option but to open the app, go to queue and adjust, which feels frustrating to do again and again.
Please fix these 3 issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: The7Suggester

Shyam Bairi

Jan 13, 2017
1. After installing YMusic, I played nearly 7 songs. Everything was smooth, then weirdly songs stopped playing. Whenever I play a song, it not even starts playing, just meta data & album art is loaded, then it skips to next song in the queue and the same thing repeats until it comes to end of queue and stops.

2. Another problem, whenever I play a song, the queue is generated automatically, I don't want this. It would be great if you provide an option to disable this.

3. Also when we enqueue a song, the song is queued at the end of queue. If I want to enqueue a song next to current one, there is no option but to open the app, go to queue and adjust, which feels frustrating to do again and again.
Please fix these 3 issues.

1st problem solved after clearing cache. I have Android v4.2.2
Great app, thanks to developer.

Earlier versions did Play YouTube LIVE
streams, but were a bit intermittent
(stopping and starting).

Version 2.1.3 Does not play any LIVE
steams at all (Just displays Album Art)

It does play normal music videos
From YouTube app i select a LIVE
stream, eg: ESPN

https://youtu.be/kjcTrr9GsnM

Then i select the share button and
select the 1-play button...YMusic
opens up, the YouTube channel
Artwork picture shows but no Audio.
The Time Indicator shows no progress

I will upload any Log Files if that helps.

PHONE: SM-G906S

_sushan_

Jan 17, 2016
Hi @khangneovip
The app is awesome. The process to download is so streamline and the last.fm search feature is really cool.
But after downloading some songs it says too many request from ur ip. I searched the thread other members have also asked but didn't found any answer to how long should I wait till I can again download songs.
Thanks.

mtshure

Apr 23, 2013
I tried this app when it was v1.x, and it did not work well at that time. I just tried v2.1.4, and see a lot of improvements. It works great now.

Here are some comments.
1. It does not show whether I am logged in an account, if so which account, or signed out. Is it offline based?
2. Please show the length of videos in the queue.
3. How can I re-generate the list in the queue? Maybe based on a video in the queue? Also can it play next songs like Youtube does? i.e. show next relevant, then again next relevant of the next, then again next relevant of that next. It seems that the app generates a list based only on the first video.

Thanks for developing the app!

gabi11

Dec 13, 2011
I have an issue on the latest version 2.1.4 on my note 4.

I share my YouTube Playlist to listen, and for every song I get an error that the song couldn't be played.
It keeps skipping songs and give that error.
Sometimes it stops skipping and plays a certain song but when the songs finishes it continue skipping and gives the error.

I tried to clear data, uninstall and install.
Didn't help.

Until now on different versions the app worked flawlessly.

Thanks and hoping for an update soon... [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Reactions: jcarvalhaismatos

jianwen03

Jan 23, 2017
Hello newbie here.
Thank you dev for great app.

Can dev implement replay gain in future updates? Coz I think this feature will help to improve this app a lot.

Last edited:

nick_white

May 14, 2014
Could you improve the seeking experience:
- Add fast forward and backward button - to skip 10 seconds
- Make the seek bar larger or at least easier to move the time slider (right now, it takes 5-8 tries...)
?

Reactions: ouzowtf

dcwin10

Apr 22, 2017
hi people, i have error when i try to download files on galaxy s2 with aicp rom and android 7.1.2 , another form to edit download directory?
sorry for my english.

edit: i can download now, i use file monitor apk like an user mentioned and files go to phone memory in ymusic folder but i want to save in ext sd card.

Last edited:

ainurrofiq

Jan 6, 2015
I have an issue on the latest version 2.1.4 on my note 4.

I share my YouTube Playlist to listen, and for every song I get an error that the song couldn't be played.
It keeps skipping songs and give that error.
Sometimes it stops skipping and plays a certain song but when the songs finishes it continue skipping and gives the error.

I tried to clear data, uninstall and install.
Didn't help.

Until now on different versions the app worked flawlessly.

Thanks and hoping for an update soon... [emoji1]
Can you give me different working version?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @profeet2 you can send a bug report out of the app. It will be sent via your email app then. And the dev is reading the reports. I once received a push message from the dev thanking me about the reports about the network bug. :D
    YMusic - YouTube Music Player & Downloader
    Screenshots
    MFjYHPk.png

Features
    YMusic is a tool you can use to play YouTube video in background, and download video with variety formats (include MP3) totally FREE.
    Why do you have to load full video data while you only want to enjoy the music (audio)? YMusic helps you save a lot of bandwidth because it only load audio of the video, now you can enjoy millions music video in YouTube without worrying about data wasted.
    Main features:
    • Play YouTube video in background
    • Download YouTube with variety formats: mp3, opus, webm, mp4,...
    • Search music video easily
    • Browse trending music videos
    Experience the smart and beautiful player based on Jockey:
    • Customizable interface with 81 color combinations to choose from
    • Auto download album art, Last.fm integration for retrieving artist images and descriptions
    • Smart Playlists with fully customizable rules
    • Custom equalizers
    • Gapless playback
    • Home screen widgets
    YMusic is forked from Jockey music player, this is an awesome open source project, discover it here: https://github.com/marverenic/Jockey

Download APK
    .........OR.........
    QR code:
    [QRCODE]https://ymusic.en.uptodown.com/android[/QRCODE]

Links
    Facebook: https://fb.me/ymusic.android
    5Q3yr5L.png

## YMusic v2.0.0
    ### What's new?
    • From v2.0, YMusic is forked from Jockey - an open source Music project.
    • Inherit UI from Jockey:
      • Colorful theming, you can customize color of the app
      • Dark/Light background, protect your eye with auto background color.
      • Easy browse offline songs, devided into 5 sections: playlist, songs, artists, albums, genres.
      • Now Playing panel: easy control playback with amazing gesture, change song order in now playing queue.
      • Automatically find and display album art from Last.fm
      • Create/manage smart playlist
      • Beautiful notification with album art.
    • Support **music equalizer** as well (Jockey).
    • Support sleep timer (Jockey).
    • Smart Search with autocomplete
    • Smart download: prompt Song name/album/artist if any
    • New YMusic Icon.
    ### Note:

After install YMusic v2.0, you should uninstall the old one, because it will stop working soon.
    Who love this?

New UI, new features, forked from Jockey.
    Coming soon... :p

8LWHFidl.png
    nPp5cztl.png
    YMusic Dev

YMusic Dev

An development version for testing new Server, which is expected to fix these serious problem:
    1. Video not available on US: caused by YouTube. Solution: using proxy to bypass region restriction.
    2. Server down randomly at the end of months, also got error "Video not available on US". Solution: immigrate to paid server, guarantee online 99.9%, 2x faster.

Note: This is experiment version includes latest features as well as bug fix, and even "new bug" :D , all problem please reports me via "feedback".

Download link: https://goo.gl/NeRpuy
    V1.2.15:
    • New Download managers:
      • Download multi task concurrency
      • Multi chunks per task, significantly increases download speed by number of chunk
      • Download as Mp3 format with two servers
    • Ability to tag "Artist" name to song, using for album art in future.
    • Caching network request to save data + improve performance
    • Fix can't remove notification on Kitkat devices
    • Fix various bugs about download (e.g: low level socket error,...)
    • Improve feature listen LIVE video in background
    Download:
    https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/aa9f548df75d4e2c9c7eacdab8fd96df/app_versions/12

Acknowledgements:
    Big Thanks to everyone who donated me via Paypal.

Screenshot:
    9FrqItDl.png
    aXo45Lbl.png
    3wwIooZl.png