New firmware (10.5.A.0.233) certified for Xperia ZL

Search This thread

rfg13

Nov 13, 2010
Montreal
"Sony will shortly push out firmware build 10.5.A.0.233 to the older Xperia Z series including the Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z. This new build follows on from the first Android 4.4.2 KitKat release (10.5.A.0.230) for these models and is likely to be a bug-fix release.

We already saw Sony’s workaround on the battery drain issues this morning, but hopefully the new update will go further to provide a more stable KitKat experience. We’ll let you know once the update starts to roll."
details

Reactions: Bird40

pedrogalves

Sep 19, 2011
São Paulo
Oh man, hope this arrives soon in Brazil.

Can't stand this laggy phone anymore. I'm almost throwing it out the window..

And hopping this fix fixes ALL the bugs!!!
��

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

rycexboi

Sep 30, 2012
Has anyone received the update yet?, I cant stand having google service eating up 73% of my battery and have to charge multiple times throughout the day.

TitoXx

Jul 16, 2009
Motown
did the sony work-around work? how good is your battery life now? i havent got the kitkat update in my region yet. i hope it comes with the fix at once. but still waiting.

It did work to some extent, Google play services wasn't sucking my battery dry but a lot of the other issues remained mainly the random reboots which made me go back to 4.3

Sent from my C6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "Sony will shortly push out firmware build 10.5.A.0.233 to the older Xperia Z series including the Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z. This new build follows on from the first Android 4.4.2 KitKat release (10.5.A.0.230) for these models and is likely to be a bug-fix release.

We already saw Sony’s workaround on the battery drain issues this morning, but hopefully the new update will go further to provide a more stable KitKat experience. We’ll let you know once the update starts to roll."
    details