[Q] Galaxy S2 Earphone volume too low

Search This thread

forbzie22

Jun 28, 2011
Hi,

Anyone know how to get the earphone volume increased on the galaxy S2.

I have read some posts which have samsung service codes, but when running them it says "invalid code".

Anyone know what code I need to turn the earphone volume up ?
Lots of posts but no one seems to have nailed it for GS2.

Cheers

aegeuss

Jan 20, 2008
Ankara
Thanks for the tip but is there a manual showing how to play with these settings?

Regards.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

naddie

Jun 19, 2010
Chicago
www.guytechie.com
I concur. Volume level is too low even at max volume. Using my car's AUX jack, I only need VOL 30 with my iPhone 4 at max volume. I have to turn up to VOL 40 to get the same volume with the SGS2 at max volume. (2008 Mazdaspeed 3).

The code is a nice start, but not sure where to go from there.

Extreme184X

Feb 17, 2008
this problem is not only a headset problem, its a over all volume issue (most importantly handset) I have that problem too, here is three possible solutions that worked for me, and "MIGHT" work for you.

Give these a try and be sure to give a feedback whether it works for you or not:

A) Enter service mode by typing below code on your dialer :
*#*#197328640#*#*
click the following:
[5] AUDIO
[1] NB (VOICE CALL)
Choose Handset, headset, Speaker (which ever you want higher volume)
[1] VOLUME
[1] SRC Speech RX Volume
Change default values and higher the values any number of your choosing, here is an example:
[0]0_lvl : 68
[1]1_lvl : 72
[2]2_lvl : 76
[3]3_lvl : 80
[4]4_lvl : 84
[5]5_lvl : 88 Higher these values to until hear volume improvement.

Can also edit the values from:
[2]DST I2S1 TX Volume
[3]SRC I2S1 RX Volume: 100
[4]DST Speech TX Volume: 94

This is Samsung volume setting, worked for several people but sadly only worked 2 times for me and values keep resetting for me (doesn't mean for you, so give it a try) Also this is based on STOCK firmware.

B) the second thing you might to try is app called Volume+:
http://androidaudiohacks.com/home/vo...bread/download
This app guarantees it higher the volume without the need of touching its default settings, BUT huge drawback it highers everything: Headset, speaker and Bluetooth EXCEPT HANDSET which is the most important :-(
(I also downloaded many volume increase apps, but Volume+ was the only one got the job done for everything but handset)

C) Lastly get GOOGLE VOICE app (create a GV account if you don't have one)
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.apps.googlevoice&feature=search_result
just by installing Google and logging on, every time you make a call, your calls get forwarded through Google voice and volume levels become acceptable in ALL HANDSET, HEADSET, SPEAKER, BLUETOOTH (just like phone should of have been) (this what i personally use fix my volume issues)

Hope one of these work for you.

marzocchi84

Jul 3, 2011
Singapore
hi thanks for the suggestions!

i'm on KF1 and lightning rom (rooted). Volume+ didnt work for me.

i tried method A and it works!(for headset and speaker, sorry didnt try handset)
No distortion at max. volume. Not sure if the settings will reset but I will monitor for a few days.

Below are my settings for reference:

Headset
[0]0_lvl : 72
[1]1_lvl : 76
[2]2_lvl : 80
[3]3_lvl : 84
[4]4_lvl : 87
[5]5_lvl : 92

Speaker
[0]0_lvl : 77
[1]1_lvl : 81
[2]2_lvl : 84
[3]3_lvl : 89
[4]4_lvl : 92
[5]5_lvl : 95

wackyD

Nov 9, 2008
Haha volume is MUCH louder with the 2.3.4 updatr!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

soraxd

Jun 23, 2010
cleveland
I wonder how hard it would be to make an app that does nothing but switched volume up to Max, and back.. kinda like audioboost for sgs1 and later on what voodoo did in the voodoo app, how you could raise the DB volume.. would totally donate to a dev who does this

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this problem is not only a headset problem, its a over all volume issue (most importantly handset) I have that problem too, here is three possible solutions that worked for me, and "MIGHT" work for you.

Give these a try and be sure to give a feedback whether it works for you or not:

A) Enter service mode by typing below code on your dialer :
    *#*#197328640#*#*
    click the following:
    [5] AUDIO
    [1] NB (VOICE CALL)
    Choose Handset, headset, Speaker (which ever you want higher volume)
    [1] VOLUME
    [1] SRC Speech RX Volume
    Change default values and higher the values any number of your choosing, here is an example:
    [0]0_lvl : 68
    [1]1_lvl : 72
    [2]2_lvl : 76
    [3]3_lvl : 80
    [4]4_lvl : 84
    [5]5_lvl : 88 Higher these values to until hear volume improvement.

Can also edit the values from:
    [2]DST I2S1 TX Volume
    [3]SRC I2S1 RX Volume: 100
    [4]DST Speech TX Volume: 94

This is Samsung volume setting, worked for several people but sadly only worked 2 times for me and values keep resetting for me (doesn't mean for you, so give it a try) Also this is based on STOCK firmware.

B) the second thing you might to try is app called Volume+:
    http://androidaudiohacks.com/home/vo...bread/download
    This app guarantees it higher the volume without the need of touching its default settings, BUT huge drawback it highers everything: Headset, speaker and Bluetooth EXCEPT HANDSET which is the most important :-(
    (I also downloaded many volume increase apps, but Volume+ was the only one got the job done for everything but handset)

C) Lastly get GOOGLE VOICE app (create a GV account if you don't have one)
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.apps.googlevoice&feature=search_result
    just by installing Google and logging on, every time you make a call, your calls get forwarded through Google voice and volume levels become acceptable in ALL HANDSET, HEADSET, SPEAKER, BLUETOOTH (just like phone should of have been) (this what i personally use fix my volume issues)

Hope one of these work for you.
    hi thanks for the suggestions!

i'm on KF1 and lightning rom (rooted). Volume+ didnt work for me.

i tried method A and it works!(for headset and speaker, sorry didnt try handset)
    No distortion at max. volume. Not sure if the settings will reset but I will monitor for a few days.

Below are my settings for reference:

Headset
    [0]0_lvl : 72
    [1]1_lvl : 76
    [2]2_lvl : 80
    [3]3_lvl : 84
    [4]4_lvl : 87
    [5]5_lvl : 92

Speaker
    [0]0_lvl : 77
    [1]1_lvl : 81
    [2]2_lvl : 84
    [3]3_lvl : 89
    [4]4_lvl : 92
    [5]5_lvl : 95
    *#197328640#

Sent from GT-I9100
    Same here...very low on phone calls and in the car using AUX - Any answers?
    If you install dorimanx kernel and use the stweaks app, you can boost the headphone output.