Cutting The Umbilical Cord From Gingerbread

Search This thread

romma1

Jun 1, 2011
Well, with the latest and greatest roms from some very talented and dedicated devs for the Dinc 2, I officially see no reason to reason to use CM7 or MIUI Gingerbread anymore. I was running both of these earlier in the week and in short order found my way back to ICS roms in very short order.

I can't wait till source fixes the few things that are left to fix, but I can live with what I have for now.

Thanks to the Dinc 2 Devs out there!!!

Last edited:

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
I hear a lot of good things about the ics Roms but I'm still not ready for ics. There are still to many bugs that I don't want to have to deal with. When HTC releases some source or we get a good leak ill jump on board.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

flamepanther

Mar 5, 2011
I hear a lot of good things about the ics Roms but I'm still not ready for ics. There are still to many bugs that I don't want to have to deal with. When HTC releases some source or we get a good leak ill jump on board.

I'm with you, but that's the ROMs not being ready, not you and me not being ready. I'm plenty ready for ICS, but it has to have all the normal stuff working first.

thenaut

Oct 6, 2010
Cm9 is great, and honestly is at a caliber that is worthy of daily use. Their aren't any issues I can point to, asside from what's known not to work, that I can say would prevent me from using it for good. That being said, I'm running condemned's cm7.2

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA

brymaster5000

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
I can't wait for Opensense4 to be as functional as AOKP and CM9. I use my camera on a daily basis, so I haven't made the transition yet to an ICS ROM as my DD (from SRZeus). I am actually about to give AOKP build 31 a go for a few days. I say if you like what you have, why change? But it is nice to see all the hard work being put into ROMs for a phone that doesn't have all the leaks yet.

knipp21

May 23, 2010
FT Riley BIG RED ONE
I can't wait for Opensense4 to be as functional as AOKP and CM9. I use my camera on a daily basis, so I haven't made the transition yet to an ICS ROM as my DD (from SRZeus). I am actually about to give AOKP build 31 a go for a few days. I say if you like what you have, why change? But it is nice to see all the hard work being put into ROMs for a phone that doesn't have all the leaks yet.

Cam and camcorder both work in cm and aokp.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using xda premium

brymaster5000

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
Indeed they do. And I love how you can send photos to other camera apps (like vignette for effects) within the camera UI.

thenaut

Oct 6, 2010
So, ICS is incredibly stable on our devices now. Camera flash on AOSP is the only issue that I can think of. UKB is a fantastic sense 4 ROM that has a useable flash. Have we reached the "umbilical separation point" that the OP suggests?

lettuceman44

Apr 24, 2012
When I first used ics there was still some issues like no working camera, but I think in ready to try an aosp ics rom. How cm9 compared to aokp?

Sent from my vivow using Tapatalk 2

joefrog1996

Oct 7, 2011
Has anyone considered making a GB ROM that worked and looked exactly like vanilla ICS. You know, just to give us a full functional ICS ROM without the drivers? The only thing you couldn't do was use ICS apps and launchers.

Top Liked Posts