How to Fix LG Security ERROR Issue.

Search This thread

punjabi4life

Sep 27, 2013
I have made this tutorial due to me not finding any other tutorials on fixing the problem presented in this guide. Dear admins if there is another guide on how to fix this problem please feel free to do what you must to this thread. Thank You

First of all is if you have the security error problem on your phone I can assure you that it is NOT bricked and can be fixed.

Also I am not and will not be accountable if this guide does not fix your phone. I also will not and should not be held accountable if this guide is to further damage anything of your phone.

PROCEED WITH CAUTION; Please Pre-Read this guide and understand it before proceeding.

Okay so I will guide you through on how to fix the security error problem most people have on their LG devices. I had encountered this problem on my friends LG MS769 (Optimus L9 – MetroPCS). This guide should work for mostly any LG phone.

This happened to me when I was flashing a custom recovery for the phone. I had successfully rooted the phone using a guide located at:

androidforums.com/optimus-l9-all-things-root/759935-how-root-metropcs-l9-lgms769.html

By following the above guide you will be able to successfully root and install SuperSU on you LG MS769. But keep in mind that even though it will root the phone is will NOT, I don’t know how to emphasis this as much, it will NOT: Unlock the BootLoader, Flash a custom recovery, or let you install a Custom Rom.

But let us come back the topic at hand. Okay so to fix this problem we will need the following.

• LG Mobile Support Tool -- B2CAppSetup.exe -- Attached
  • A reliable Internet Connection
  • A computer with Windows XP/Vista/7/8 – (Untested on Windows 8)
  • TIME and PATIENCE --- We will be downloading a file about 500MB give or take some.

Okay let us begin in our endeavors of fixing our problems. :)
  1. First use the below download link to download the LG Mobile Support Tool
  2. After downloading that place it on your desktop and run it as administrator
  3. After you run B2CAppSetup.exe it should automatically open the Mobile Support Tool, if not there should be a new .exe created on the desktop called LGMobile Support Tool just double click and open that.
  4. Let the program update and install any necessary files that it requires. (It should automatically start to update and install, it should just prompt you with a UAC window)
  5. Once you see the program open, click on the Install USB Driver button on the top left-hand side
  6. Then a new window will come up asking for you for the phones carrier and the phones model number.
  7. Once you are successfully done installing the drivers, we can proceed to the restoration process of the phone
  8. Okay now we need to put the phone in S/W Upgrade Mode.
    a.Remove phone battery, if it does not have a removable battery make sure phone is off
    b.While holding down the VOLUME (DOWN or UP or BOTH) BUTTON(S) insert the microUsb in the phone while also having the USB side connected to the computer already. (To enter S/W mode it varies phone to phone which volume buttons must be pressed, try all three options)
  9. Once the phone is in S/W Upgrade Mode the computer will start to install the drivers and the LG Mobile Support Tool will automatically detect it and start the restore process
    a.Keep in mind that this process takes its time and should more than likely complete successfully giving you a working phone
    b.NOTE: I have read some people calming that the process gets stuck at 4% and does not go on. If it does happen to get stuck at any percentage let it stay there for a while and see if it does go on, if not I would recommend retrying once on the same computer and if it still does not work I would give a second recommendation to try on another computer. Other than that I would suggest you contact you phone carrier or LG. :(

If all goes well you should have a fully functioning factory restored LG phone. Congratulations!!!!

Hope this guide was of help and I wish you best of luck in your further endeavors. :good:

Attachments

• B2CAppSetup.rar
    116.5 KB · Views: 74,044
Last edited:

punjabi4life

Sep 27, 2013
No I have not. But more than likely my method to restore should fix it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

ChaoticMN

Oct 6, 2010
Elk River
Security Error corrected!

Thanks for this info! I was able to update the SW from the LG Support Tool program but I had to switch to another computer to do it, and after several tries it finally took.

For this LG-P769 I had to hold the volume up button with the battery out and it went into the SW update mode on the phones screen. The update stopped after 33% update and I had to disconnect and install the battery, start the phone and let the Security Error extinguish, then plugged the USB cord back in and click the retry button of the tool, then it updates. Yes!

Note, wait until the phone reboots to the normal operating screen even though the tool says its done. This tool approx. 2 more minutes.

The phone is no longer rooted but it kept all the original apps except "Superus".

Reactions: M1BLK

TehCaucasianAsian

Jan 30, 2014
Not working for me, any help?

I have an LG-LS970, and I've made it to the point where the recovery software was downloaded and extracted, but something is causing an error and not letting the process finish. I assume this is the faulty ROM on the phone, since my phone is bricked from rooting and deleting Google Play apps (I was stupid and thought they weren't important to have). Any ideas?

HellYeah0

Mar 8, 2014
Please help i've been at this for 2 days

I moved a boot.img file to my Metropcs LG optimus L9 lgms769 and now I am stuck at the security error. I rooted the phone but did not have the bootloader unlocked. I have tried the update tool and it stops at 4%, when I can get it to work. I haven't either understood the other methods mention or something, idk. Anyway, I would really like to get my phone working. Can someone please give me a good way to do this. I have the V10E_00.kdz file already. Thankyou

ivocado

Mar 8, 2014
I already have the latest version but need to repair

Thanks for the instructions! I followed the steps and everything basically works but once the phone is in software upgrade mode, the LG tool just says "Your device has the latest software available from the LG Mobile Support Tool" and it doesn't install anything.

What happened is I rooted my phone and removed one too many system apps, now it won't boot up anymore. How can I get this tool to reinstall the same software I already have? Do I need to wipe it completely? Please help me out, I'm afraid I'll make it worse if I try anything else. :(

BajoPrimate

Nov 20, 2012
Sondika
Thanks for the instructions! I followed the steps and everything basically works but once the phone is in software upgrade mode, the LG tool just says "Your device has the latest software available from the LG Mobile Support Tool" and it doesn't install anything.

What happened is I rooted my phone and removed one too many system apps, now it won't boot up anymore. How can I get this tool to reinstall the same software I already have? Do I need to wipe it completely? Please help me out, I'm afraid I'll make it worse if I try anything else. :(
Hi ivocado, you could try this way:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50729855
Cheers. Good luck.

Sent from my LG P76020L-EUR-XX unlocked and rooted

ivocado

Mar 8, 2014
Thank you!

Hi ivocado, you could try this way:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50729855
Cheers. Good luck.

Thank you so much! I totally overlooked the recovery option in the tool. 30 minutes later and I have my phone back working perfectly. So happy! :good:
I took it to the T-Mobile store this morning and all they wanted to do was sell me a new one, saying the phone was dead. I owe you. Can I buy you a beer? Seriously, if you have PayPal I'll do it.

Reactions: BajoPrimate

BajoPrimate

Nov 20, 2012
Sondika
Thank you so much! I totally overlooked the recovery option in the tool. 30 minutes later and I have my phone back working perfectly. So happy! :good:
I took it to the T-Mobile store this morning and all they wanted to do was sell me a new one, saying the phone was dead. I owe you. Can I buy you a beer? Seriously, if you have PayPal I'll do it.
Hi ivocado, you're welcome, I'm very, very happy with your success.
Cheers. Good luck.

swaggyp

Apr 3, 2014

Do you have any photos or screenshots on how your lg support tool looks like? Im having some difficulty since the software doesnt download. :(

tpanneer

Oct 10, 2012
Erode
www.ninjaromeo.com

Re install stock ROM!

izhar_ulhaq

Jun 18, 2009
perfect with lte2

I have made this tutorial due to me not finding any other tutorials on fixing the problem presented in this guide. Dear admins if there is another guide on how to fix this problem please feel free to do what you must to this thread. Thank You

First of all is if you have the security error problem on your phone I can assure you that it is NOT bricked and can be fixed.

Also I am not and will not be accountable if this guide does not fix your phone. I also will not and should not be held accountable if this guide is to further damage anything of your phone.

PROCEED WITH CAUTION; Please Pre-Read this guide and understand it before proceeding.

Okay so I will guide you through on how to fix the security error problem most people have on their LG devices. I had encountered this problem on my friends LG MS769 (Optimus L9 – MetroPCS). This guide should work for mostly any LG phone.

This happened to me when I was flashing a custom recovery for the phone. I had successfully rooted the phone using a guide located at:

androidforums.com/optimus-l9-all-things-root/759935-how-root-metropcs-l9-lgms769.html

By following the above guide you will be able to successfully root and install SuperSU on you LG MS769. But keep in mind that even though it will root the phone is will NOT, I don’t know how to emphasis this as much, it will NOT: Unlock the BootLoader, Flash a custom recovery, or let you install a Custom Rom.

But let us come back the topic at hand. Okay so to fix this problem we will need the following.

• TIME and PATIENCE --- We will be downloading a file about 500MB give or take some.

3. After you run B2CAppSetup.exe it should automatically open the Mobile Support Tool, if not there should be a new .exe created on the desktop called LGMobile Support Tool just double click and open that.
  4. Let the program update and install any necessary files that it requires. (It should automatically start to update and install, it should just prompt you with a UAC window)
  5. Once you see the program open, click on the Install USB Driver button on the top left-hand side
  6. Then a new window will come up asking for you for the phones carrier and the phones model number.
  7. Once you are successfully done installing the drivers, we can proceed to the restoration process of the phone
    a.Remove phone battery, if it does not have a removable battery make sure phone is off
    b.While holding down the VOLUME (DOWN or UP or BOTH) BUTTON(S) insert the microUsb in the phone while also having the USB side connected to the computer already. (To enter S/W mode it varies phone to phone which volume buttons must be pressed, try all three options)
  9. Once the phone is in S/W Upgrade Mode the computer will start to install the drivers and the LG Mobile Support Tool will automatically detect it and start the restore process
    a.Keep in mind that this process takes its time and should more than likely complete successfully giving you a working phone
    b.NOTE: I have read some people calming that the process gets stuck at 4% and does not go on. If it does happen to get stuck at any percentage let it stay there for a while and see if it does go on, if not I would recommend retrying once on the same computer and if it still does not work I would give a second recommendation to try on another computer. Other than that I would suggest you contact you phone carrier or LG. :(

If all goes well you should have a fully functioning factory restored LG phone. Congratulations!!!!

Hope this guide was of help and I wish you best of luck in your further endeavors. :good:[/QUOTE
Ok its perfect but when install spinx.zip cstm rom it stucks n same lg security eror

Jared20098

Jun 9, 2013
Santiago
Help! The LG Mobile Support Tool is frozen at "Analyzing phone setting..." and I am at the S/W Upgrade screen.

I forgot to unlock the bootloader before installing custom recovery.. :(

jesseskillz

Jul 14, 2014
how to fix lg security error issue

yup i did just that now my phone works fine i have a metropcs lg ms770 the only thing peoploe should realize is that it takes time the computer tells you its updating and its done but when you check your phone it's really back to the same issue . you guys need to try it couple of times if it dosent work the computer needs to make that connection in order to run perfect if theres no connection theres no udate keep that in mind peace......

Roy360

May 18, 2011
Capture.jpg

Is it working? My phone is in S/W Upgrade mode, but I don't see any upload bar anywhere

Background:
I originally had CWM and custom rom install on my phone. I decided to install a new rom, but the installation failled and Aroma installer kicked me out of recovery. I have no way re-entering recovery, so I used Smart Flasher and the correct ROM to flash the phone back. And now I'm stuck at Security Error.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hope this guide was of help and I wish you best of luck in your further endeavors. :good:
    I have the same problen and ican not enter download mode did you fix it or not?

yeah fixed it. you must use LGMobile support tool, download it and install it on your computer, open it and click update drivers, choose the right driver for metropcs lg optimus l9 and install it. now you you have to enter s/w mode on the phone to do that take battery out to turn it off and put it back press and hold volume up while plugging it to your computer don't release until I switch to s/w mode ( or may be volume down I don't quiet remember, try both).
    once connected let the tool detect it then press "option" then choose "update and restore" now kick back and let it do its magic until it finishes rebooting.
    hope that helps good luck.:good:

Thanks for the information but to enter S/W update mode I think after remove battery your should hold VOL+ then connect usb cable, not VOL-. Plesae update this, I'll link it in my signature:good:
    Thanks I looked this up and fixed the instructions above :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
    Security Error corrected!

Thanks for this info! I was able to update the SW from the LG Support Tool program but I had to switch to another computer to do it, and after several tries it finally took.

For this LG-P769 I had to hold the volume up button with the battery out and it went into the SW update mode on the phones screen. The update stopped after 33% update and I had to disconnect and install the battery, start the phone and let the Security Error extinguish, then plugged the USB cord back in and click the retry button of the tool, then it updates. Yes!

Note, wait until the phone reboots to the normal operating screen even though the tool says its done. This tool approx. 2 more minutes.

The phone is no longer rooted but it kept all the original apps except "Superus".