Spigen Bounce - Defect or Not?

Search This thread

Mikegrmn

Aug 24, 2013
thanks. i want some protection for my phone but really wanna keep it slim. using an aluminum bumper right now, it feels like its not even on there (thats a good thing for me) but i get bored of my cases really fast so i like looking for new ones.

I got me an aluminum bumper, too, but soon replaced it because I didn't like that the camera module was completely exposed. With either the bounce or neo sgp, the camera is a bit recessed.
And if you like to use your camera as a tool (think bubble levels and such), both of the above cases provide a solid straight surface.

pham818

Dec 4, 2011
Portland
I got me an aluminum bumper, too, but soon replaced it because I didn't like that the camera module was completely exposed. With either the bounce or neo sgp, the camera is a bit recessed.
And if you like to use your camera as a tool (think bubble levels and such), both of the above cases provide a solid straight surface.

wait so what do you use now?

Mikegrmn

Aug 24, 2013
wait so what do you use now?

I use the sgp neo. Like I said, the extra rim provides that little extra strength it needs so that the upper rim is more straight than if I use the bounce. The bounce bulged a little outward at the top after some time, revealing the chrome trim a little.

kalani91

Aug 7, 2010
No clue. I guess the phone flexing in my pocket. The phone isn't built that well. The chrome trim is the weakest part of it. That's probably why it cracked.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

That's weird but I agree on the phone not being built well. I had a droid x and dropped it 100 times with no case and it lasted lol. This phone wouldn't last

neonsector

May 20, 2010
Apparently u don't know quality.
A quality product will hide the inject point. :victory:

mine has it too, very small and clean tiny hole.
But after all, its a (10 dollar shipped) very nice looking case, I don't even see that tiny imperfection on it.
I like it better than the slim armor and the neon hybrid for sure, thiner, narrower and feel setter in the hand.
My favorite case so far hands down.

Random Select

Mar 25, 2010
I have something similar as the OP but it's not that noticeable on my case. I like it so far (it's my first case) but I'm looking for a more protective case that's similar to the Otterbox Defender.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

gottria

Jun 12, 2008
Castro Valley,CA
Got my gray in the mail today from Amazon and has a smaller mark in the same spot. Like the case overall but not nearly as soft as the Seidio Dilex rubber, that stuff is really soft. Wondering how the N3 would survive a 4-5 foot drop in the Bounce case vs the Seidio Dilex? And no I'm not trying it.,

Solrighal

Jan 15, 2014
Alternatively buy an Otterbox Commuter. Wonderful. Surprisingly slim too considering the protection it provides.

Sent from my SM-N9005

jdidtht

Sep 23, 2012
minneapolis
I just received my Spigen Bounce from Spigen's site but the one they sent me has this ugly dot like hole. It's not a cut out for mic. I am OC so this really bothers me out. Anyone with similar case has this too or should I send this back to spigen?

1512645_704318192925704_409432744_n.jpg

These photos are from a friend anyway but I have similar thing.

Its from the forming process. Quit *****ing about it, not a big deal for 10 bucks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It can be inject point for the plastic rubber material. Doesnt look like a defect to me.
    I just received my Spigen Bounce from Spigen's site but the one they sent me has this ugly dot like hole. It's not a cut out for mic. I am OC so this really bothers me out. Anyone with similar case has this too or should I send this back to spigen?

1512645_704318192925704_409432744_n.jpg

These photos are from a friend anyway but I have similar thing.
    It looks like a defective case. I'd send it back.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    I'm not quite sure if my bounce has this, too. But it looks like the injection point for the mold of the case. So I didn't bother if I have the same thing on my bounce. But if you want, I can check tonight once I get home from work.
    I just checked my case and the dotty thing is there. It looks smaller than yours though. I took a picture but don't know how to upload it here right from my phone. 20140109_172037.jpg aah, looks like I found it.