[Q] PureKAT 1.5 causes a bootloop

Search This thread

rolandpish

Jul 18, 2012
Hi there,

I installed the PureKAT 1.5 ROM (based on stock) according to the instructions in its thread but my samsung galaxy y started in a bootloop.

Do you know what caused the bootloop or if I need to install a different kernel for that ROM?

By the way, this is the thread of the ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2672116

Thanks.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
I looked at instructions on thread and it doesnt say to mount system data cache before flashing zip

so
go into cwm
goto mounts and storage
format system data cache
mount system data cache (if all mounted it should display "unmount system" "unmount data" and so on)
then flash the zip

you can be on any kernel that supports stock based roms

if you still bootloop flash stock rom via odin first

rolandpish

Jul 18, 2012
I looked at instructions on thread and it doesnt say to mount system data cache before flashing zip

so
go into cwm
goto mounts and storage
format system data cache
mount system data cache (if all mounted it should display "unmount system" "unmount data" and so on)
then flash the zip

you can be on any kernel that supports stock based roms

if you still bootloop flash stock rom via odin first

Thanks for the quick response sir!

I'll immediately restore the stock rom via odin and then follow your instructions.
I will post what happens :)

rolandpish

Jul 18, 2012
Bootloop persists

I first restored the original stock rom, followed your instructions but this time it just got stuck at the "Samsung Galaxy Y..." logo and it didn't go further.

Seems like my phone is not compatible with this rom?

Thanks!

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
I first restored the original stock rom, followed your instructions but this time it just got stuck at the "Samsung Galaxy Y..." logo and it didn't go further.

Seems like my phone is not compatible with this rom?

Thanks!

that happens when you dont mount system or using the wrong kernel (since you are using stock kernel that is fine for a stock based rom - no change needed)

go back into cwm and make sure system is mounted (will display "unmount system)
if system says its already mounted unmount system and remount it again just to make sure especially if using bieltv.3 cwm
and flash the rom again

rolandpish

Jul 18, 2012
Mmm, tried several times but the same problem happens (I double checked to follow the instructions carefully and that the partitions were mounted).

I will try with other custom roms to see if at least one of them boots correctly.

Thanks for your help!