Post Your CyanogenMod 7.2 Nightly Questions HERE!!

Search This thread

DJBhardwaj

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 23, 2011
Delhi
GT-i9020
Google Nexus 4
maybe they will present the official cm9? do u have an idea when it will be?

For when i talked to CM team they will only give an official support when we have a fully working hardware (camera etc.)
Also when lupo cleans up hus vendor and device folders and submit the patches to them.

If they assume the patches to be good enough to give official support, they will.
Don't expect it too early as it has a lot to go through

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

srcsntrk

Jan 15, 2012
Istanbul
nightly it's not stable! ;)

but I'm using nighly and there is no problem about stability :)
what will be different when I use the stable ones?

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

For when i talked to CM team they will only give an official support when we have a fully working hardware (camera etc.)
Also when lupo cleans up hus vendor and device folders and submit the patches to them.

If they assume the patches to be good enough to give official support, they will.
Don't expect it too early as it has a lot to go through

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

I installed beta 3 but almost nothing works :/

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
but I'm using nighly and there is no problem about stability :)
what will be different when I use the stable ones?

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

I installed beta 3 but almost nothing works :/

EVERYTHING works except camera, which is on the way! Arjen fixed, but lupo has problems, so it is almost full-featured! Wtf does not work? Give me the list and I will prove you're wrong:p

Sent from my LG-P500

srcsntrk

Jan 15, 2012
Istanbul
EVERYTHING works except camera, which is on the way! Arjen fixed, but lupo has problems, so it is almost full-featured! Wtf does not work? Give me the list and I will prove you're wrong:p

Sent from my LG-P500

OK man calm down :p

Internet connection is very bad, I couldn't find a way to reach my datas in SD card, some widgets (like gallery) are not working, keybord adjustment is at ververy bottom of the screen...etc.
and Most importnat one for me is, Display (I mean colour quality ) not enough.
BTW mine was lupo I think but im not sure..
I returned CM7 now

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
OK man calm down :p

Internet connection is very bad, I couldn't find a way to reach my datas in SD card, some widgets (like gallery) are not working, keybord adjustment is at ververy bottom of the screen...etc.
and Most importnat one for me is, Display (I mean colour quality ) not enough.
BTW mine was lupo I think but im not sure..
I returned CM7 now

Wifi connects lot faster than gb...
You can access files on sd with a file manager...
Gallery widget works for me:p
Keyboard is google bug
Color banding is worked on...

Sent from my LG-P500

srcsntrk

Jan 15, 2012
Istanbul
Keyboard is google bug

Sent from my LG-P500

I coudn't connect to the internet to download a file manager, everytime when I try to connect, it gives error after a while.
Im not saying cm9 is very bad but can u please send me the download link of your cm9?
I can try yours. Bcos cm9 theme isvery nice I wantto use it without errors, of course except camera =))

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Keyboard is google bug

Sent from my LG-P500

And there is no RADIOOOO :D

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
I coudn't connect to the internet to download a file manager, everytime when I try to connect, it gives error after a while.
Im not saying cm9 is very bad but can u please send me the download link of your cm9?
I can try yours. Bcos cm9 theme isvery nice I wantto use it without errors, of course except camera =))

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

And there is no RADIOOOO :D

Hehe I don't use radio:D
I didn't test beta4, but I tested beta2 for 3 days... was awesome, but went back because of 3D... which is fixed... I couldn't use beta 3 tho because of browser crash... not fixed yet... however opera mobile works and it has 12.00:D

Sent from my LG-P500

srcsntrk

Jan 15, 2012
Istanbul
Hehe I don't use radio:D
I didn't test beta4, but I tested beta2 for 3 days... was awesome, but went back because of 3D... which is fixed... I couldn't use beta 3 tho because of browser crash... not fixed yet... however opera mobile works and it has 12.00:D

Sent from my LG-P500

Do You say that beta 2 is better than 3?
Are you using it now or is it better to wait a nightly or stable version?
and do you have an idea that radio be included?

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
Do You say that beta 2 is better than 3?
Are you using it now or is it better to wait a nightly or stable version?

Waiting for camera or browser hangs to be fixed... once one is fixed I will switch to ICS:D
Beta2+icy kernel=hw/a, but some other bugs...

Sent from my LG-P500

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
what doesit mean "Beta2+icy kernel=hw/a" :D:
Im sorry but Im new to these development things I have to ask:D
u can just give link :p

Beta2 (no more links for it...) + Icy kernel= you will have hardware acceleration, and no browser hangs, but you will have no youtube and will have to take all the bugs that were back then...

Sent from my LG-P500

droidface

Nov 19, 2011
Hey I wanna ask something, ROM manager has support mini right? Where I can download it and how to install it?
I'm using the newest cwm touch from squadzone now, can I still use rom manager?

Sent from my GT-S5570L using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Добро пожаловать, друзья! Welcome, Friends! आपका स्वागत है, दोस्तों! Benvenuti, amici!
    Bem-vindos, amigos! Ласкаво просимо, друзі! Bine ati venit, prieteni! 欢迎 朋友们
    Vítejte, přátelé! chào đón, bạn bè! Willkommen, Freunde! Bienvenidos, amigos!

in7kew.jpg

The latest CyanogenMod Nightly can be downloaded here or via ROMManager.
    The new recovery in ROMManager (5.0.2.7) is not required, but is necessary to receive automatic updates.

Changelog
    [I'm not going to provide my own changelog as all updates to CM7.2 are minor bugfixes only...]

Other necessary files: Google Apps (Also available in ROMManager)

night·ly /ˈnaɪtli/
    adj.
    1. Of or pertaining to the night, or to every night; happening or done by night, or every night.
    2. A Fresh CyanogenMod ROM automatically built with the newest available code, usually compiled at night. Often contains many bugs.

This is the place to discuss the CyanogenMod nightlies. Feel free to talk about anything related to these ROMS, but to receive acknowledgement by a developer of any problems you find, the following conditions should be met:
    • Use the stock CyanogenMod kernel
    • Do not overclock
    • Use the default system apps (launcher etc.)
    • Do not use apps2sd or similar
    Before posting a problem you should:
    • Check the posts below for a solution / fix
    • Read the last 10 pages of this thread for a post with a similar problem
    • Backup, reflash with a full wipe, check if the bug is still there
    • Wait 24 hours for the next nightly, the devs probably already know about it
    If the problem still persists after the next nighlty appears and all the above steps have been followed, post your problem and we'll see if there is something we can do. Please include the following information:
    • Which Nightly you are running
    • Which Nightly the bug first appeared (if known)
    • *Confirm Stock Everything* (shows that you have read all the above)
    • Detailed steps to reproduce the bug (add a screenshot if it helps)

OLD BASEBAND?

If your phone uses the old baseband, you need to upgrade to the new baseband. This improves 3G signal and battery life. There are many guides on how to do this so just have a quick look around, or even watch a video on Youtube.

NO-APN PROBLEMS?

All APN problems related to 'funny SIMs' have been fixed, please thank werewolfo for generously donating an Italian funny SIM for me to test with!.
    Major improvements include:
    • New baseband support
    • Better 3G Reception
    • .35 kernel support (only)
    • Offline charging
    • Quicker GPS lock
    • Smoother Accelerometers
    • Better 3G signal
    • Better battery life
    • CyanogenMod Updates
    I noticed its difficult to get the pop-up menu when I hold the power button down.

Hold the power button down until you feel it vibrate twice.

I'm getting an error when trying to turn wi-fi on after flashing the testing kernel and the last nightly.

The test kernel is a kernel only, none of the other included files came with it. If you flashed another kernel it won't work.

With screen on animation there are white noise before animation and when receive a call, need some time before i can answer.

You shouldn't really be enabling screen on animation, it's always been buggy for msm7x27 chips which is why it's disabled by default. But if it works, static is a small price to pay for a phone that doesn't reboot on an incoming call...

PS here's a KANG that includes the fixed kernel and fixed camera...

http://www.mediafire.com/?p0di9g79ck80a0c
    Ok. As you know, init is the first process after kernel started. Init parse /init.rc and /init.[device_name].rc and execute early-init action in it. Ueventd is one of the very first services started by the default init.rc. It proceeds to read its main configuration files, /ueventd.rc and /ueventd.[device_name].rc, replays all kernel uevents (i.e. hotplug events), and then proceeds on to wait, listening for all future uevents. Kernel uevents are delivered to ueventd through a netlink socket, a common way for certain kernel functionality to communicate with user-space tools and daemons. [device_name] we get from "androidboot.hardware" kernel commad line - in our case it "thunderg" (look BoardConfig.mk). In early builds we got file /uevent.thunder.rc , after typo fix we have /uevent.thunderg.rc and have problem with /dev permissions - ril, sensor, gpu not work. Download latest nightly, flash, then apply patch in attachment - and manual network selection was work :fingers-crossed:
    Finally audio with headphones is fixed!

I spent ages looking for a way to enable the microphone with stereo output, then I realized I can just detect if we are in a call or not and swich to mono with working mic :rolleyes:

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/14710/

EDIT: here is an unofficial build to play with

http://www.mediafire.com/?4b933wa09351rjv

changelog: 'stuff' is fixed ;)