[Q] How many of you are actually participating in project cheesecake

Search This thread

eL_MeXiCaNo

Jan 15, 2012
San Diego
So how many of you are actively participating in project cheesecake to hopefully acquire a leaked version of ICS before its official release date?

If you don't know what project cheesecake is and would like to participate in this important project then please click here to visit the official thread

I check but would like to know around how many people actually check as well.

Reactions: atrix2 hacker

chrisn91

Feb 8, 2012
washington
So how many of you are actively participating in project cheesecake to hopefully acquire a leaked version of ICS before its official release date?

If you don't know what project cheesecake is and would like to participate in this important project then please click here to visit the official thread

i check it all the time

CapnPez

Nov 1, 2010
Mocksville, NC
OnePlus 8 Pro
I try to check about once a day. I just go through the servers whenever I have down time (which seems to not come as often as I'd like). Admittedly, I usually don't make it through all the servers before I have to get back to doing something else.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

Mtn Dew

Feb 25, 2012
Springfield, IL
I check at least twice a day as well. The only thing I would know to do with it is post in the appropriate places. Can't do anything else to help, might as well do this religiously to try and help any way I can.

Reactions: cogeary

Washburned

Mar 23, 2012
I'm trying every 2-3 days, randomly targeting different servers.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

T

tmease1

At least once a day.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

T

tmease1

I wanted to bump this thread up instead of creating a new one. Today i read on Phandroid that the Droid 4 got an ics leak from using cheesecake. I wanted remind everyone that we should checking cheesecake at least once a day. There is hope. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

hellot1M

Jul 15, 2010
I still don't understand how there are this many people checking the servers every day but somehow the latest international update slipped through..... this is scary. Because once ics does come out we won't know about it till the day someone gets it on their phone :(

Sent from my Photon Q using ultramegaextremeXDA

T

tmease1

I still don't understand how there are this many people checking the servers every day but somehow the latest international update slipped through..... this is scary. Because once ics does come out we won't know about it till the day someone gets it on their phone :(

New users probably don't know about cheescake and some people have maybe stopped checking cheesecake for various reasons(life in general). That's why the international update was missed. I haven't been checking like i should but I'm going to start checking it more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

seraphielx

Mar 1, 2011
I check a few times a day but with the latest being international I do not think that my phone would have picked up the update. something with the me and mb versions if I am thinking right

rdavisct

Feb 14, 2011
Greenacres
I check a few times a day but with the latest being international I do not think that my phone would have picked up the update. something with the me and mb versions if I am thinking right

Not sure was thinking maybe same thing.but i would like to get my hands on that asia update 55.28.37 rom that was just realeased.Sooo.. Im putting out a BOLO :)-D) for an uploaded fxz of that new international Update. I need some files from it. If anyone can find it or find a willing participant to upload the system.img let me know please.

Simple. International version is me865. U.S. is mb865. Updates for one don't show up for the other and we don't seem to have many participants here with the me version.

Edit: I stand corrected. It was a mb865 Asia rom that got updated. The same principal applies though. An Asian rom won't show in a phone running a U.S. rom and vice versa.

Last edited:
Reactions: atrix2 hacker

atrix2 hacker

May 1, 2012
scottsburg
cheesecake

I'm going to help out um I don't know how I'd love to be a tester cause I have multiple atrix 2 laying around. And I have my own fxz/USB high in case of bricking lol

I want to caution people that if you do pull an update from cheesecake DO NOT INSTALL IT! Contact Jim myself jrw28 etc. for instructions on how to pull it from your phone and get it to the relevant developers. If you install it you may fall victim to Motorola's new shenanigans.

seraphielx

Mar 1, 2011
From what I have been reading the "Leaks" are usually pulled from the QA or the Staging servers.
I am on east coast and I think they are on west coast so I usually start checking around noon (its hit or miss if the servers are up before that time)

I would love to get a wireshark log of what it is sending packet wise to the servers to see if we can fake it out with a post or get request but for some reason my hacker tools (facenif,droidsheep,anti) do not work on the atrix 2 (worked on the atrix 4g and bravo) so I have not looked to see if anything else networking wise will work on it..perhaps I will research if I can figure out why catlog is not working on the blaze rom

Ok so digging it looks like tcpdump binary is not in system/xbin all I see if tcpsvd. I tested shark and it has a error message when I try to capture packets so let me go look at a razr and see if these tools work on it and if it has the binary in xbin..This may be the whole problem why my toys are not working

bah toys all work on the razr and it doesn't have tcpdump so at a loss..guess I will try again once ics comes out and maybe things will work

Last edited:
Reactions: Washburned

moofree

Oct 28, 2011
Texas
IIRC the update process posts messages to logcat. You can see some of what gets sent to motorola there.
From what I remember the update process is a XMPP (jabber) client connecting to motorola's XMPP update server.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I check at least twice a day as well. The only thing I would know to do with it is post in the appropriate places. Can't do anything else to help, might as well do this religiously to try and help any way I can.

Simple. International version is me865. U.S. is mb865. Updates for one don't show up for the other and we don't seem to have many participants here with the me version.

Edit: I stand corrected. It was a mb865 Asia rom that got updated. The same principal applies though. An Asian rom won't show in a phone running a U.S. rom and vice versa.
    From what I have been reading the "Leaks" are usually pulled from the QA or the Staging servers.
    I am on east coast and I think they are on west coast so I usually start checking around noon (its hit or miss if the servers are up before that time)

I would love to get a wireshark log of what it is sending packet wise to the servers to see if we can fake it out with a post or get request but for some reason my hacker tools (facenif,droidsheep,anti) do not work on the atrix 2 (worked on the atrix 4g and bravo) so I have not looked to see if anything else networking wise will work on it..perhaps I will research if I can figure out why catlog is not working on the blaze rom

Ok so digging it looks like tcpdump binary is not in system/xbin all I see if tcpsvd. I tested shark and it has a error message when I try to capture packets so let me go look at a razr and see if these tools work on it and if it has the binary in xbin..This may be the whole problem why my toys are not working

bah toys all work on the razr and it doesn't have tcpdump so at a loss..guess I will try again once ics comes out and maybe things will work